+ Reply to Thread

PS4 Controller fix

I'm in the tutorial stage of the game using the PS4 controller, But I got stuck on the bit about the powers when the L2 button doesn't work. Please fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVeil89 View Post
    I'm in the tutorial stage of the game using the PS4 controller, But I got stuck on the bit about the powers when the L2 button doesn't work. Please fix this?
    PS4 controllers aren't directly supported for ps3 so I don't foresee you getting any help besides people telling you to use your ps3 controller.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Defiance doesn't seem to be compatible with the DS4's triggers.

PS4 controller? Used to play in PS3?? This really works??? Did you really think this could work????

Looks like someone somehow ended up in the gene pool...

Lol lol lol lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    Lol lol lol lol lol lol
    It works for many many other games. Soooooooooooo?
    "At the very least I am glad you no longer have the form of a child. I can beat you to death without remorse."

I´ll try not to jump in to any conclusions or assume anything but i use my DS4 when i play PC.
    You know that you can play on PC with it don´t you guys?
    And he didn´t explicitly said that he was playing on PS3.

I realize that this post was necro'ed but...

Most of the people that I hang out with all agree that this game eats controllers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have gone through 7 controllers in 3.5 years of playing this game (4 Dualshocks and 3 third-party). After Sony released the patch that enabled PS4 controller support on the PS3 I had yet another controller die on me so I tried my PS4 controller and ran into the same problems as the OP. It was pretty disappointing (but not surpising) that it didn't work with Defiance even though it works just fine for most other games especially since I spent more on controllers than I did on the console.

But if anyone is desperate then it's not completely broken. Trog posted a couple of weeks ago that you can make it work by remapping the buttons, however you have to sacrifice your melee and aiming to do so. I don't think losing melee is a big deal but not being to aim down the sights would drive me nuts. Here are the posts if it helps:

Quote Originally Posted by Trogathorna View Post
    Actually you can drive, you just have to remap the buttons in settings. I use a ps4 controller,only function that I can't use is melee..which I don't anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogathorna View Post
    I use L1 for ego. Forgot along with melee, I also can't aim..but I hip fire anyway so no big loss. You won't be able to navigate the menu either with a ps4 remote either, I use my broken ps3 controller for that

My ps4 controller setup is..

Weapon controls/ vehicle controls

L1 ego. / L1 drive forward
    R1 fire weapon. / R1 drive reverse
    ∆ switch weapon
    Π reload/action
    O roll
    X jump
    R3 grenade