+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why Trolly Graveyard and other places need endless waves again.

The argument is "Because people were farming". Well there's an easy fix to that. Set it so materials aren't dropped and ego things aren't counted too after so many waves. That way people can still have fun being knee deep in waves when, for example, something remains broken and isn't fixed. I was having a blast fighting Dark Matter at Trolly Graveyard, and while there's coop maps and the like nothing beats holding your ground against wave after wave on the surface. Surface things in general are over all too soon and this would be a good way to keep the bad guys coming for those that want to be knee deep in them constantly.

Or maybe I think this because Dark Matter aren't in expedition maps yet and just miss fighting tons of them. Either way I want to be swarming in them again. For more then a few minutes. Outside of arkfalls (so I can do it solo or with a small team). That's when I have the most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
    The argument is "Because people were farming". Well there's an easy fix to that. Set it so materials aren't dropped and ego things aren't counted too after so many waves. That way people can still have fun being knee deep in waves when, for example, something remains broken and isn't fixed. I was having a blast fighting Dark Matter at Trolly Graveyard, and while there's coop maps and the like nothing beats holding your ground against wave after wave on the surface. Surface things in general are over all too soon and this would be a good way to keep the bad guys coming for those that want to be knee deep in them constantly.

Or maybe I think this because Dark Matter aren't in expedition maps yet and just miss fighting tons of them. Either way I want to be swarming in them again. For more then a few minutes. Outside of arkfalls (so I can do it solo or with a small team). That's when I have the most fun.
    There is Dark Matter in Heaven's Sent.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.

Spoiler:

Endless waves and no rewards? No Thanks

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

lololol they "fixed" farming by breaking conflict sites... a couple places if you are fighting even if some of the guys go down it still keeps the countdown going even if they go down near the start of the timer.... it will finish at some places regardless if they are down or up.

Whell what about the enemies with unlimited health in expos and coops u can have a hell gameplay if u enter to one zone with this bug active,i shooting to one darckmatter for 1/2 hour and no die lol,please fix that bug after the event arrives on plattaforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ea Rapture View Post
    Endless waves and no rewards? No Thanks
    I think they should make endless waves of kittens (in hotdog suits) spawning all over the map how does that sound lol atleast it'd be fun

Quote Originally Posted by tarmim View Post
    I think they should make endless waves of kittens (in hotdog suits) spawning all over the map how does that sound lol atleast it'd be fun
    Holy hell, you're a genius

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

I don't know about you guys but I play games for fun. Pure fun. not grinding out ego and costumes (I do that too but my focus is on the fun factor. Are events really fun? I find them boring myself). There are other ways then not giving rewards. Ironically enough I sort of discovered one with alamo park.

There's a big problem here. A very big problem. There is most definitely much more Dark Matter on main missions then when not. MUCH more. I'm talking some 50-100 or so Dark Matter at once. The waves were also endless. Now this is a VERY good thing in itself, because it means I was knee deep in them, even invited someone over and made a friend, which made them even tougher! We had a lot of fun and had a good time being knee deep in it. The reason I say it's a bad thing in general is because I went back to it after doing the main mission and found some... 10 or so at once. It was pathetic. I ate them for breakfast and spat them out. That was boring as hell. Having to be in a main mission actually balances out grinding the mission for rewards because once you're past it you have to do ALL THE MAIN MISSIONS AGAIN! I don't want to be messing around with hellbugs and raiders so the next time I do it I'll just abandon mission before it ends once it's close to being repaired (which btw is a way around endless waves and still being able to farm). I want to have those moments again and I want it on the surface, something I can just drive too and get right into without constantly running around like in an expedition. Or cheesy green boosts. I want to have a long fight in a large, open area with DM, have them come by the hundreds (both solo and in a group. Though tougher in a group is fine) and turn them into dust where anyone can wander by and happen to join in without having to be obligated to join a coop map. Not much to ask for is it? Haven't seen Heaven's Sent. I'll check again when the servers are back up. Maybe I need a higher ego for it (or it's recent and I haven't seen it yet). If it's a DM map then I'm going to be all over it. Always felt there needed to be more DM focused coop maps (other then the mission ones, which are, well, easy).

Speaking of pathetic missions I feel DM is too much of a doormat outside of main missions. 99ers are putting up more of a fight then these guys. They need to come in greater numbers. I get swarmed in 99ers and raiders yet any DM place I come across is just a few guys that are easily dispatched. Only their stronghold puts up a fight and even then only barely and only at one place and this is only in one location. Raiders and 99ers have multiple locations that put up stiffer resistance. Assassinate? Either kite a bit or go straight for the boss. Bulwaks? Just told you how pathetic that fight went. Outposts? Even more so. Is there anywhere on the surface DM put up a decent fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I play games for fun. Pure fun. not grinding out ego and costumes (I do that too but my focus is on the fun factor. Are events really fun? I find them boring myself). There are other ways then not giving rewards. Ironically enough I sort of discovered one with alamo park.

There's a big problem here. A very big problem. There is most definitely much more Dark Matter on main missions then when not. MUCH more. I'm talking some 50-100 or so Dark Matter at once. The waves were also endless. Now this is a VERY good thing in itself, because it means I was knee deep in them, even invited someone over and made a friend, which made them even tougher! We had a lot of fun and had a good time being knee deep in it. The reason I say it's a bad thing in general is because I went back to it after doing the main mission and found some... 10 or so at once. It was pathetic. I ate them for breakfast and spat them out. That was boring as hell. Having to be in a main mission actually balances out grinding the mission for rewards because once you're past it you have to do ALL THE MAIN MISSIONS AGAIN! I don't want to be messing around with hellbugs and raiders so the next time I do it I'll just abandon mission before it ends once it's close to being repaired (which btw is a way around endless waves and still being able to farm). I want to have those moments again and I want it on the surface, something I can just drive too and get right into without constantly running around like in an expedition. Or cheesy green boosts. I want to have a long fight in a large, open area with DM, have them come by the hundreds (both solo and in a group. Though tougher in a group is fine) and turn them into dust where anyone can wander by and happen to join in without having to be obligated to join a coop map. Not much to ask for is it? Haven't seen Heaven's Sent. I'll check again when the servers are back up. Maybe I need a higher ego for it (or it's recent and I haven't seen it yet). If it's a DM map then I'm going to be all over it. Always felt there needed to be more DM focused coop maps (other then the mission ones, which are, well, easy).

Speaking of pathetic missions I feel DM is too much of a doormat outside of main missions. 99ers are putting up more of a fight then these guys. They need to come in greater numbers. I get swarmed in 99ers and raiders yet any DM place I come across is just a few guys that are easily dispatched. Only their stronghold puts up a fight and even then only barely and only at one place and this is only in one location. Raiders and 99ers have multiple locations that put up stiffer resistance. Assassinate? Either kite a bit or go straight for the boss. Bulwaks? Just told you how pathetic that fight went. Outposts? Even more so. Is there anywhere on the surface DM put up a decent fight?
    If you want to be swarmed and eaten then spat out by dark matter just ask a high ego to take you to heaven sent

If it's as challenging as it sounds I'm all over it.

... Once the servers get back up and running. They don't use those boost things all the time do they? It's ok sometimes but if it's ALL the time it's going to feel cheesy.