+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reminisce to the Old PVP

I just want to say one thing:

What was the reason for the very first PVP update, the 65% dmg reduction with 3.0 base crit multi. What was the reason? If I'm right, was it because of the OVERPOWERED Dawn's/Apex/other BB's with Invaders (DC-10 and Phantasm mostly)? I began playing in November of '15, which was not even several months before the initial PVP update launched. So, I was basically just new and didn't, or just wasn't around long enough to know any other problems if there were even any. But to throw this out there, why couldn't of they just decreased the explosion dmg by 65%, and decrease infector range? Seems to me that, that would've given, or let remain the full potential of SMG's, LMG's, etc (other seldomly used weapons.)

What does the PVP community think?
    ElAsTiCzz - e6000 - PS3/NA

Kalphite - e6000 - PC/NA

Centauri - 2500+ Power Rating - PC/NA

Quote Originally Posted by Stephi View Post

What was the reason for the very first PVP update, the 65% dmg reduction with 3.0 base crit multi. What was the reason? If I'm right, was it because of the OVERPOWERED Dawn's/Apex/other BB's with Invaders (DC-10 and Phantasm mostly)? I began playing in November of '15, which was not even several months before the initial PVP update launched. So, I was basically just new and didn't, or just wasn't around long enough to know any other problems if there were even any. But to throw this out there, why couldn't of they just decreased the explosion dmg by 65%, and decrease infector range? Seems to me that, that would've given, or let remain the full potential of SMG's, LMG's, etc (other seldomly used weapons.)

Because Surges, Blast Rifles, Nanofraggers, Fraggers and Rangers could insta-murder with bodyshots. Ironically, these weapons are still problematic.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.

Spoiler:

Surges, I did forget to mention, but yeah. A dmg cap on them to where they can't 1 shot?
    ElAsTiCzz - e6000 - PS3/NA

Kalphite - e6000 - PC/NA

Centauri - 2500+ Power Rating - PC/NA

Because "waaaaaaaaaaaah, I get rekt by everything and it's not fair that I'm not #1 on the leaderboard cuz everyone who kills me has no skill and they're noobs cuz they don't use the same guns I do so nerf everything but what I use cuz I'm the only one who really knows how to pvp and my opinion is the only one that matters".

Or something really really similar to this...

And the devs said..."fair enough, everything is nerfed"
    PS3 NA

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdr View Post
    Because "waaaaaaaaaaaah, I get rekt by everything and it's not fair that I'm not #1 on the leaderboard cuz everyone who kills me has no skill and they're noobs cuz they don't use the same guns I do so nerf everything but what I use cuz I'm the only one who really knows how to pvp and my opinion is the only one that matters".

Or something really really similar to this...

And the devs said..."fair enough, everything is nerfed"
    pretty much what he said. things are always getting nerfed because people are complaining about them because they don't have them or get killed by them to much and don't know how to use them.

Love it^...truth

Pretty much what everyone else said: if you didn't have the OPed stuff you would be at an incredible disadvantage.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.

Spoiler:

Even with the best stuffs,2 hits of big boomer,30 of a rad invader,15 of a canker,1 of a surge bolter or 1 of a shotgun used to be enough to be dead.I really liked that pvp tho,where I was able to fight 10 at the same time and kill them all together,and my scores used to be the double than this days.But my joystick is broken and I cant use dets anymore so I am glad they changed pvp
    Danchou - mdarkraciel

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroro View Post
    .But my joystick is broken and I cant use dets anymore so I am glad they changed pvp
    this is the type of logic i hate. "I cant do that so its not fair if someone else can".

Because they think changing armor plates and crit damage is going to solve the unbalanced weapon problems. Only 1 thing will solve the problems and that's set loadouts. You want to be a sniper then you get a bolt and no cloak, you want to use a sword then you get no blur.
    Xbox NA