+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Upgrading rarity on non-named/jp weapons...

Hi all.

So, I've upgraded my purple VII Blast Rifle to orange which had blue fire rate roll, and now it has orange fire rate roll and blue dmg roll (which isn't that bad i guess). Is this working as intended?
    Is so, if I supreme this br, is there a chance supreme roll will overwrite any other roll?

This is, I must say, bs, because if you have a purple with nice rolls, it doesn't mean anything since they can be overwritten in any way by rng...
    500 af doesn't drop like grenades, you know...

Yes, working as intended

Quote Originally Posted by MataC View Post
    Hi all.

So, I've upgraded my purple VII Blast Rifle to orange which had blue fire rate roll, and now it has orange fire rate roll and blue dmg roll (which isn't that bad i guess). Is this working as intended?
    Is so, if I supreme this br, is there a chance supreme roll will overwrite any other roll?

This is, I must say, bs, because if you have a purple with nice rolls, it doesn't mean anything since they can be overwritten in any way by rng...
    First all nice roll.

Secondly yes working as intended.

Thirdly for non named (set roll guns) the supreme roll could over write a lower level roll.

Finally, with the way the current system is setup; you kind of get the opportunity to choose 3 rolls when upgrading an Epic gun to supreme. Which is the one nice thing about having an Epic gun. Though if start out with OJ you get essentially the option to choose two rolls and save some AF from upgrading Epic to OJ. This process has been described else where in the forums and probably better than I can tell but I will try to describe it now.

An Example from personal experience:

I had a pretty good Epic Fire VOT Tachmag Pulser with Spinal Tap synergy. I had the 4 T4 mods to put on it including ERR, PB, HCM, Stab Sight.

The Epic gun rolls were:

Mag
    Fire Rate
    Crit Mult
    25% Stowed Weapon on Kill

I was ok with most of these rolls and decided that when I upgraded to OJ/Sup I wanted to have OJ DMG or Firerate.

So I rerolled the green fire rate roll. It actually happened to roll Mag and then the White roll went to reload.

So Epic rolls before upgrade were:

Reload
    Mag - locked
    Crit Mult

I then upgraded the Epic to OJ and was lucky to get OJ DMG. So the OJ gun was as follows:

Reload
    Mag
    Crit Mult
    DMG

Now I had a desirable roll of DMG in the OJ slot and it still allowed for me the possibility to roll for Fire Rate in the Sup if I decided to upgrade. So I decided to re-roll the purple roll to something better. Note that the previous locked roll disappears when upgrading.

Reload
    Mag
    Crit Mult
    10% EGO on Reload -locked
    DMG

After some time of trying and saving AF I was finally able to upgrade to upgrade to Supreme. However, something slightly unexpected happened and it was not my original intent of the gun. But the Supreme roll came up as Crit Mult and the blue roll re-rolled to Accuracy. So the gun was now this:

Reload
    Mag
    Accuracy
    10% EGO on Reload
    DMG
    Crit Mult

(Note just like before the locked roll disappears allowing you to re-roll another roll).

I was not particularly happy with the Blue Accuracy roll and I was ok with the Supreme Crit Mult roll but I wanted more Fire Rate so I re-rolled the blue roll to Fire rate after several tries (re-setting if I did not get my Fire Rate roll). So the final gun is this:

Reload
    Mag
    Fire Rate -locked
    10% EGO on Reload
    DMG
    Crit Mult

With T4 ERR,PB, HCM, Stab

Which I think is a good overall well rounded Fire TMP with Lifesteal that almost rivals the Wolfman. So I am happy with it.

I hope this Example illustrates what can happen with non-named upgrading and how you can selectively choose rolls on your gun if you upgrade from Epic.

Thx a lot, guys, especially Logain, great and much needed info.

I supremed a few of my favorites when the feature was first available. After that, I seldom t6 guns. A great oj could become a turd really quick when supremed because of the rolling feature, resulting in more arkforge wasted to get back the way you want it.
    Supremes are supposed to be rare. The absolute best toys in your toybox. Not every gun needs to be supreme.

With that said, here is what I would do.
    Reroll the oj from fire rate to recoil. There is no t6 recoil roll. If you want to t6 the gun, go for dmg. You will have a pretty sweet blast rifle. If you get dmg first shot, tweak the blue roll for reload to make it near perfect.

Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Molly Bushwhacker 5304 Clan Members Only

Hi all.

I actually figured out my ideal rolls for an ST blast.. And was lucky enough to come across one that was only one roll away (purp excluded, just happened to have a decent purple roll):

1.03dmg
    1.30mag
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate.

With ideal rolls being:
    0.90reload
    1.30mag
    0.60recoil
    <purp>
    1.15rate
    1.15dmg

So I rerolled white:
    0.90reload(L)
    1.30mag
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate

Then supremed:
    0.90reload
    1.15crit
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate
    1.70mag - smh.

Then rerolled sup one time (got lucky far as getting the sup roll I wanted):
    0.90reload
    1.15crit
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate
    1.15dmg

But sup going mag screwed up my 1.30 mag, which I really wanted so the weapon would be 65 mag and 1.6 reload. It's now 50 mag, 1.6 reload, and 1.4 crit lol

On your blast: I'd go for blue recoil then upgrade to supreme and hopefully either end up with:
    white
    green
    0.60recoil
    1.15rate
    1.15dmg

or

white
    green
    0.60recoil
    1.12dmg
    1.15rate

then I'd master for recoil as well, but many would say go for damage mastery.

& if you do reroll blue to recoil then sup and don't get sup dmg then you can reroll sup for dmg, or
    if you get sup rate and oj doesn't go dmg you can roll oj for dmg.
    At any point of rerolling a roll, if it messes up a lower tier (higher on the card) roll that you like - reset tier bonuses.

Dmg&rate or rate&dmg on oj and gold is the best way to get the most dps out of a blast. & by doing blue recoil & recoil mastery it would actually come out the same dps as oj recoil blue rate sup dmg & 1.05dmg mastery, but be 0.00 bloom or near it.
    Plus with the LOW bloom, if it happens to have green crit, you could actually use that extra bit of crit multiplier without having to let off the trigger or fight the gun (two things that many don't realize is an effective loss of dps because you're not doing damage when you're missing the target or straight up not even firing the gun.)

So, for blast rifles, ideal rolls for legendary and supreme are fire rate and dmg? I got lucky then!
    I also got dmg mastery from very first mastery! This is going to be a beast!
    EDIT: Oh, the only thing I don't have is mag roll...

Thx, xXxDSMer!

EDIT: Oh, the only thing I don't have is mag roll...

Thx, xXxDSMer!
    Just a personal preference but a smaller mag maintains better accuracy as the spread resets on reload. I found that my 53 capacity BR handled much better then my 68 capacity BR. I've always been more a fan of reolad then mag myself but generally speaking on a BR no mag roll is not necessarily a bad thing. Particularly if you don't use Overcharge and want a recoil roll instead.
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

Working as intended. If you don't like unnamed guns, don't use them. Stick to your JPs.

Unnamed are far more unique in the way their rolls are able to be allocated.

These guys covered pretty much everything though^

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

Quote Originally Posted by xXxDSMer View Post
    I actually figured out my ideal rolls for an ST blast.. And was lucky enough to come across one that was only one roll away (purp excluded, just happened to have a decent purple roll):

1.03dmg
    1.30mag
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate.

With ideal rolls being:
    0.90reload
    1.30mag
    0.60recoil
    <purp>
    1.15rate
    1.15dmg

So I rerolled white:
    0.90reload(L)
    1.30mag
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate

Then supremed:
    0.90reload
    1.15crit
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate
    1.70mag - smh.

Then rerolled sup one time (got lucky far as getting the sup roll I wanted):
    0.90reload
    1.15crit
    0.60recoil
    5%durability
    1.15rate
    1.15dmg

But sup going mag screwed up my 1.30 mag, which I really wanted so the weapon would be 65 mag and 1.6 reload. It's now 50 mag, 1.6 reload, and 1.4 crit lol

On your blast: I'd go for blue recoil then upgrade to supreme and hopefully either end up with:
    white
    green
    0.60recoil
    1.15rate
    1.15dmg

or

white
    green
    0.60recoil
    1.12dmg
    1.15rate

then I'd master for recoil as well, but many would say go for damage mastery.

& if you do reroll blue to recoil then sup and don't get sup dmg then you can reroll sup for dmg, or
    if you get sup rate and oj doesn't go dmg you can roll oj for dmg.
    At any point of rerolling a roll, if it messes up a lower tier (higher on the card) roll that you like - reset tier bonuses.

Dmg&rate or rate&dmg on oj and gold is the best way to get the most dps out of a blast. & by doing blue recoil & recoil mastery it would actually come out the same dps as oj recoil blue rate sup dmg & 1.05dmg mastery, but be 0.00 bloom or near it.
    Plus with the LOW bloom, if it happens to have green crit, you could actually use that extra bit of crit multiplier without having to let off the trigger or fight the gun (two things that many don't realize is an effective loss of dps because you're not doing damage when you're missing the target or straight up not even firing the gun.)
    Supreme firerate is x1.20