+ Reply to Thread

Upgrading Named/Jackpot rarity?

I'm sure this has been discussed *somewhere* but my searches don't seem to find the info i'm looking for and end up being more complaints and such about Trion, which is not answering my question.

Simple question: is there a downside to upgrading a jackpot/named to Gold/Supreme? For example, if I wanted to Supreme Chaos, would there be a negative side effect? I understand that tier bonuses may re-roll, but is there anything hidden that I'm missing? Are these tier bonuses something out of the norm? Will I ruin some hidden effect/bonus?

I only ask because every time I consider it I see that red warning text and chicken out.

Thank you for any answers (or links, if your search skills exceed mine) you may provide, and sorry to (likely) have resurrected a dead horse.

--Quinn

Hello HarlinQuinn,

So for the most part... I would say about 97% of the time there is no downside what-so-ever to upgrading a jackpot weapon to OJ or Supreme. The other 3% of the time the issue is in the upgrading system that Trion has implemented which dis-allows certain weapon adaptations.

Two examples of this would be most recently the Decadence which instead of having an actual purple roll has a mag roll as purple instead. This is fine... it's great... it's wonderful even... UNTIL you Supreme the weapon and instead of the purple roll jumping up to OJ (Like it should since it's a weapon stat roll) the purple roll stays mag and the blue roll jumps up to the OJ roll instead. The reason this is an issue is because instead of being able to re-roll the supreme weapons purple roll to say +5% health damage or Ego on Reload (while maintaining an oj mag roll) you have to lose the mag roll completely in order to get the reroll on purple stat. It does make me wonder what they were thinking.

Another example would be the numerous blastrifle jackpots which have varying different purple rolls, usually either mag or reload. They then have one other roll to start usually either accuracy or recoil. When you supreme the weapons instead of getting a crit roll you get the other non-damage defining roll of accuracy or recoil depending on which was already on the weapon. The problem here is that a in my view the best weapons only have damage defining stats. When I go into overcharge recoil and accuracy mean nothing.

Anytime you OJ or Supreme a weapon it will always be better then it previously was. A purple gun with blue damage is the equivalent of an OJ weapon with no damage roll so just by upgrading the weapon you increase the base damage output of the weapon. If the top teir roll is damage you get both the increased damage roll on top of the base damage increase of the weapon rarity damage bonus as well. So really there isn't any reason not to oj or supreme a weapon other then having a better use for the arkforge. The issues that could come up are more for number crunchers like me who look at the Supremed weapon and think darn-it if I had been building this weapon from scratch (IE a purple gun that you take all the way to supreme and get exactly perfect rolls on it) I would have done it so much differnt then Trion's upgrading system allows because instead of 3 different rolls being changed on it you're stuck with the ability to only change one roll on it.

Hope this helps you out... I could go into more detail but to answer your question basically any time you upgrade a jackpot weapon you are inherently making it better then it was before. You are making it the best weapon it can be... just not the best weapon it could have been if the upgrade system were more complex.
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

Thanks for the info! Definitely very helpful, and now I belive I understand the system a bit better.

Actually, another question. What about pre-patch weapons? would it re-roll all duplicate rolls? (I have an OJ pulser with OJ and Blue damage rolls)

Pre-patch weapons are a whole different animal. Prepatch Jackpots work the same as new ones in that when you upgrade them to supreme the locked roll bumps up one and is lost. It is possible to get similar rolls on a non-jackpot weapon. You could hypothetically wind up with a weapon that had say 4 mag rolls on it, or 4 crit or damage rolls. The biggest thing with pre-patch weapons is that the supreme roll will usually (almost definitely but I'm not going to say always) a secondary purple roll. Would be kind of nice to have a 4x reload weapon with dual 10% ego on reload rolls on in the purple and supreme positions. But it's kind of the penalty for the weapon being pre-patch that the Supreme rolls can't be a weapon stat bonus roll.
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by HarlinQuinn View Post
    Actually, another question. What about pre-patch weapons? would it re-roll all duplicate rolls? (I have an OJ pulser with OJ and Blue damage rolls)
    Don't supreme pre-patch weapons with duplicate rolls, it will remove the OJ duplicates roll and give you a garbage supreme roll to salt the wound.

ba'alaraphim PC-NA PVE ------< Sanctuaries >------ superba'al PC-NA PVP