+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Here my way to balance Spanner (THE best way)

    Hello everyone,it's me again.

    i played many pvp games now and i think i know exactly what should happen to the spanner.

    i really think the spanner is a good weapon.However,it's offensive ability is really to damn low.Here what i think should improve it's offensive

    -Increase damage by at least 25%
    -Normalize every spanner range at 8
    -Increase drain of armor and health rate to be the 1/4 or 1/5 of the damage done.
    -AT LEAST 200 to heal.
    -every spanner should hit minimum 2 enemy if available in a minimum of 10 range.Healing,protecting,or damaging.


    -rework the protector spanner. Make it create a shield that last up to 10 sec. 1 sec a stack. can put stack on many allies. up to 10 stack in total.
    a stack is a 1 sec heal,that will act as a shield. if the gun heal for 200,it will create a shield of 2k if the healer keep shielding the ally. it will be less effective ,since it won't heal,but only create a shield,and the shield creation would be longer than if it would be healed.However,the shield is far greater against burst damage,since it will soak up every damage.

    that would

    In pvp AND pve : increase it's usefullness by a bunch.

  2. #2
    Well, I will just tell you this upfront. Pretty sure they don't listen to threads like this.

    Also, the spanner does the kind of damage it does, because it CAN'T MISS. Most of the homing weapons in this game have backloaded damage for this very reason.

  3. #3
    i know,but around 460 damage/sec is really low. really low. way too low.

  4. #4
    Not if you take into account that I can hold down that button for a while (ten seconds at least, depending on mods, weapon type, etc), while bunny hopping you, LoS'ing you, and it can clip (slightly) around corners, and bullets cannot.

    Trust me, it can be an effective weapon.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    138
    I do like the idea for the protector spanner though. They need to do it something with it. I find it kind of useless right now. If the shield lasted for a little while, i would definitely use it in pvp.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Zero View Post
    I do like the idea for the protector spanner though. They need to do it something with it. I find it kind of useless right now. If the shield lasted for a little while, i would definitely use it in pvp.
    Yea,the protector spanner is bs,in both pvp and pve..AND it only link a target.

    even if my other change aren't taken in account,this one should be a must.

  7. #7
    Senior Member mimneotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdoblame View Post
    Yea,the protector spanner is bs,in both pvp and pve..AND it only link a target.

    even if my other change aren't taken in account,this one should be a must.
    Nothing you say "must" happen, to be quite frank with you.

    But I will agree and say that I personally think that the Protector one could use some love.
    Otherwisely known as Hubris.
    This is me in Defiance. Oh, and irl, too.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Honved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Marin
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdoblame View Post
    Hello everyone,it's me again.

    i played many pvp games now and i think i know exactly what should happen to the spanner.

    i really think the spanner is a good weapon.However,it's offensive ability is really to damn low.Here what i think should improve it's offensive

    -Increase damage by at least 25%
    -Normalize every spanner range at 8
    -Increase drain of armor and health rate to be the 1/4 or 1/5 of the damage done.
    -AT LEAST 200 to heal.
    -every spanner should hit minimum 2 enemy if available in a minimum of 10 range.Healing,protecting,or damaging.


    -rework the protector spanner. Make it create a shield that last up to 10 sec. 1 sec a stack. can put stack on many allies. up to 10 stack in total.
    a stack is a 1 sec heal,that will act as a shield. if the gun heal for 200,it will create a shield of 2k if the healer keep shielding the ally. it will be less effective ,since it won't heal,but only create a shield,and the shield creation would be longer than if it would be healed.However,the shield is far greater against burst damage,since it will soak up every damage.

    that would

    In pvp AND pve : increase it's usefullness by a bunch.
    Awful, you went from nerfing things that don't need to be to near uselessness to buffing things that shouldn't be to near, why use anything else? This weapon is fine, Just like every other weapon. Perhaps you are unaware but to balance something means to put it on par with the average not make it better then most.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Honved View Post
    Awful, you went from nerfing things that don't need to be to near uselessness to buffing things that shouldn't be to near, why use anything else? This weapon is fine, Just like every other weapon. Perhaps you are unaware but to balance something means to put it on par with the average not make it better then most.
    near uselessness? we got a butthurt that don't know how to do mat here LOL.

    and this weapon isn't fine.It require some love,by far.

    do the mat,really.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Honved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Marin
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdoblame View Post
    near uselessness? we got a butthurt that don't know how to do mat here LOL.

    and this weapon isn't fine.It require some love,by far.

    do the mat,really.
    .... Do the mat? I assume you mean math, the math is fine considering the veriables of the fact that it never misses and has many utility uses, combined with tweaked load outs and perk use.

    Butthurt? You're so cute when you get defensive ;D, Who's an adorable lil moron?! You are! Yes you are! ;P
    I say this because your ideas to nerf cloak are laughable at best, you and naurblack have some of the absolute WORST and unbalanced ideas. Does the spanner need some work? Yes but not much because your helping multiple people, it's awesome as hell. Let the beam last for an extra 2-4 seconds and you're set.

    Bmg's are already a hard thing to counter (at least for me lol) but it doesn't feel unfair. I can kill them if I fully commit to it but other wise they can take me quite easily lol. That being said they're fine the way they are.

    Feels like you just want your stuff to be the best without having to try.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts