+ Reply to Thread

Character copy to PTS - notification and process

So the character copy to PTS window is currently open, in preparation for the Armistice 2017 event. I have requested a character copy and am looking forward to getting a sneak peek at the new weapons etc first hand.

A couple of questions regarding PTS:

1. If and when our character is copied to the PTS, will we be notified in any way (like a reply to the PM)?
    2. Will the copy work if the live account is active when the copy occurs (i.e. will it matter if I am logged and playing on the live server)?
    3. Will the copy work if the PTS account is active when the copy occurs (i.e. will it matter if I am logged and playing on the PTS)?

Right now, I'm concerned that if I log in I might jeopardise the success of the character copy (but I don't know if and when that might happen )!
    Just thought there may be issues with files/database fields being in use or locked etc.

I have looked at the following, but couldn't see any specific information answering the questions above:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Questions-(FAQ)
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Character-Copy
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ic-Test-Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

In terms of being online on either accounts I'm unsure but when your Copy has been completed Destromathe will reply to your pm confirming your copy!

Don't forget there will be a lot of copy requests for him to process so be patient!
    DYNASTYKRIS
    EGO RATING: 6000
    CLAN: DYNASTY SMASH CLUB
    MEMBERS: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyKris View Post
    In terms of being online on either accounts I'm unsure but when your Copy has been completed Destromathe will reply to your pm confirming your copy!
    Thanks for the info, DynastyKris, that's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyKris View Post
    Don't forget there will be a lot of copy requests for him to process so be patient!
    Yeah, I'm sure there will be quite a few requests! I'm not expecting it to happen that quickly .

It's a shame the process could not be automated/macro-ed and it is also a shame that the 'test period' has to be squashed into such a short time frame (in the week between CC and Armistice). I'm sure it would have been easier for them to have the schedule spread out a bit more (to give a decent test and not to feel so rushed).

4.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #4
    Hey Light,

I will indeed let you know when I have completed the copy. We do usually get more PTS time for content, especially when its a new event. However this time around, we had some issues with the PTS build machine and could not get it out sooner. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hey Destromathe, many thanks for your reply, PM and for the doing the character copy!
    I remember now you mentioned the problems with the PTS in the live stream, I forgot about that .

So far I have only spent a short time on PTS, finding my way around all the extras we are given! That’s a whole load of free purple and blue weapons and shields! It's great to have the extra inventory slots. I have already had some fun trying out the Armistic arkfalls with other players and some of the new jackpots. Hoping to get the full set to test – probably need to do some swapping with other players on PTS .

One minor issue – my ego is only 5651 on PTS but 6000 on the live server (maybe the copy was from a backup dataset?). If that can be fixed easily (like editing a single value), I would appreciate it . If not then I’ll try one of the workarounds (try to increase my EGO or reduce the rating on all my weapons/shields).

Should we be able to get the jackpots from the Defiant Few vendors on PTS?
    Or do we just use the PTS Jackpot Testing Crates?

Edit: Afte re-reading some posts, since it's only the previous jackpots that are from the Defiant Few vendor, there is not really any need to test those .

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Thanks for the info, DynastyKris, that's good to know!

Yeah, I'm sure there will be quite a few requests! I'm not expecting it to happen that quickly .

It's a shame the process could not be automated/macro-ed and it is also a shame that the 'test period' has to be squashed into such a short time frame (in the week between CC and Armistice). I'm sure it would have been easier for them to have the schedule spread out a bit more (to give a decent test and not to feel so rushed).
    It can take ages for it to be copied, I heard once it took someone months to get a pts character copy, took me a while too

Really don't want to be mean at all , but i ask a copy of my char since hibernal event and not even now ... i didnt get it .. i know trion is working hard but these detalis make difference. not to mention the other problems from official servers...
    anyway ... love this game ..
    keep it real hommies !