+ Reply to Thread

LE's report from the PTS field - March 2017

PTS Report – Armistice weapons and shields - March 2017

This thread is just for me to report my findings on the test server back to the Trion dev team. I will edit / update it as I conduct further tests.

Folks, please refrain from posting here (there are plenty of other places) unless it is short, constructive and on topic – thank you . The thread is just giving me a way provide feedback, not discuss all minutiae ad nauseum .
    • Acid Bath (jackpot mass cannon): Noticed a reload glitch (see video below) – will do further tests to see if it happens again. It would auto reload the full 4 in the mag then immediately reload with 1 in the mag (and thereby reduce the reserve ammo by 5).
      Could be cyber rig or perk related.
    • Banshee (jackpot SMG): seems to have the same reticule/sight issues as the Metamorph and other Tachmag Pulsers.
      See http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ng-Glitchy-Aim and http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...d-their-recoil
    • Security Blanket (jackpot shield): seemed to stop recharging when using it in combination with Banshee and Pancake (all Guard Armament backpack syn). It also showed just a single armour plate in the top left corner of the screen. Will do further tests to see if this was a one off (again could be perk / rig related). This was during an expedition, so this may also be a factor (expeditions were completely inaccessible to me and I could only enter when grouped with someone who then started the expedition).
    Was hoping to test Sol Destroyer, but obviously that is off the cards, as it is not available on the test server. BMG visuals look more transparent and less obtrusive, especially the hex bubble from the protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    ~~~ 6K - PC EU ~~~
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Update regarding the shield issue:

The problem seems to manifest when other JP shields like Exile are equipped when starting a coop or expo. A standard Hurricane Recharger did not show the same problem of staying uncharged. Also, the problem did not appear every time a coop was started, so it may just be an intermittant quirk (similar to when the shields temporarily drop when teleporting on the live server).

The updated BMG visual effects: