+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Changes to Premium Armament Lockbox

Hello All,

Recently, we have been getting a lot of feedback regarding the jackpot drop rates for the Premium Armament Lockbox on the Defiance store. This feedback has mostly pointed to the fact that players are not receiving enough jackpots from these boxes, and that when they do, the pool of jackpots is very large. After a thorough investigation through hard data, I would like you all to know that at this point, we agree.

When creating the Armament Lockbox, we started from a point with the monthly synergy boxes, and jumped off from there. We felt that with the same jackpot chances as the synergy box, and at a lower price point (320 bits vs 400 bits), this would give us even more jackpots in the world than a synergy box, even though the pool of jackpots was larger. We are always very careful to maintain a balance between making sure that players get what they are looking for when they support Defiance, and not adding too many jackpots into the world thus making them over populated and no longer the most desired items in game.

After reviewing extensive data, we have determined that the size of the jackpot loot pool is simply too large to keep the same jackpot drop rates as the synergy box, and also showed us that we would like there to be more of these jackpots out in the world. This is our 4 year celebration of Defiance, and we definitely want to reward all of our dedicated players, with jackpots selected and named by the community!

Our hotfix today is making some changes to these drop rates:
    • The jackpot drop rate for the Premium Armament Lockbox has been increased.
    • For the first time, and only for the remainder of Armistice, we have included the jackpot drop chance in the details section of the store. Each Premium Armament Lockbox will have a 5% chance at dropping a jackpot.
    • Anyone who has previously purchased a Premium Armament Lockbox, from the start of Armistice to the most recent downtime at 1PM PT, will get another roll at a jackpot with the updated chance for each box they have purchased.
      • These will come in the form of boxes that will be in your claimables. Each box has a value of 1, 5, 10, or 20 rolls. If you purchased 100 boxes, you will have 5 20 roll boxes in your claims. Claim the box to get your rolls.
      • Currently, these boxes are listed as string missing. The boxes with each number is as follows:
        • 43846_STRING_MISSING - 1 Roll
        • 43847_STRING_MISSING - 5 Rolls
        • 43848_STRING_MISSING - 10 Rolls
        • 43849_STRING_MISSING - 20 Rolls
      • These do not guarantee a jackpot. They are only additional rolls, at the 5% rate stated above, for a jackpot.
    • The Armistice Bargain Box jackpot drop rates have also been increased, due to there being a larger pool of jackpots now vs the Black Friday Bargain Box. This will also further increase the chance at rare supreme jackpots.
    Ultimately, Defiance would not be here without free to play ark hunters who love to play in our world, and also the players who support Defiance through the Defiance Store. Each and every one of you is important to us. You’re the reason we do what we do. We hope that the changes listed above will bridge the gap that people feel was missing with these boxes, and we do sincerely hope to see you all get the jackpots you want!

Keep your eyes on the forums for more fun and exciting giveaways for the 4 year anniversary that is coming up. We want this year to be our best! Thank you, and I will see you all in Paradise.

- Destromathe

Thank you Destro!
    Appreciate the change and also for letting us know what the odds are!

Wow , I have nothing short of admiration for people that can stand up and say , I made a mistake ... Kudos to you for that ... Now , what about all my rep boxes ? Lol
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Many thanks for this update and for the information Destro!

It's great to see the feedback has been listened to!

Good luck everyone!
    “Change is what gives us all hope…hope that the conditions we do not like today will someday change for the better.” - Stephen E. Poe | "New players…bring new ideas to the game world" - TrickDempsey
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    [ Things I'm looking for... ]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    aka Lara Vonash on PC EU, 6K EGO - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination

Good news, but i have to echo johnny stranger here. Feeling kinda chapped on the thousands of rep spent towards these boxes/crates from the faction vendors. Any chance of getting that additional roll on those aswell? I understand they are not as important at the bit store, as they were earned in game, but still....
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Feeling kinda chapped on the thousands of rep spent towards these boxes/crates from the faction vendors. Any chance of getting that additional roll on those aswell? I understand they are not as important at the bit store, as they were earned in game, but still....
    I doubt it, you purchase the premium boxes for the improved chance at getting a jackpot.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

You're talking about the people the ones use the family reputation to buy the armament lock boxes for 210 family reputation

lock boxes for 210 wrap boxes I hope

that's what's up

Good looking out!!

9.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #9
    Just so everyone is aware, unfortunately there is an issue with the name of the box that goes to your claims. It currently has a String Missing. We will be unable to fix this before we unlock, so I just wanted to make sure everyone knows what this box is. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for letting us know.
    I know a lot of peeps who will go " wtf is that in my claim xD "
    Xbox EU

GT: xXXx Mr B xXXx
    IGN: Radamanthe Nemes