+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Defiance Clan Anniversary Event!

We are looking for a few good Clans to celebrate 4 years of Defiance! Does your clan have what it takes to show its Defiance pride?

We will be celebrating the 4th anniversary of Defiance on April 2nd, 2017. During this weekend, we have a few great events planned, and we want to enlist some of the best Clans in Defiance to help participate. For these events, we will be providing TONS of prize support, to give out to everyone who wants to participate!

We are looking for Clans with the following qualifications:
    • 1-2 clans from each platform/region
    • Must have at least 15 active clan members
    • Must love Defiance, and playing with your friends!

To qualify, here is what your Clan founder will need to do:
    • Send a PM to myself (Destromathe) and Fasti, with the following information:
      • How many active clan members you have
      • A brief description of your clan, and why you love Defiance
      • A great idea for an anniversary event to run during the anniversary weekend (A deathmarch is a good example). These events should be run by you, and must be able to include LOTS of players.
      • For those Clans who have already PMd me, I have you on a list, so please send your idea for a fun event!

From these PMs, we will choose the best clans, and each clan will run their proposed event for ALL players in Defiance who want to participate. During these events, we will provide free lock boxes and all kinds of fun giveaways, for the Clan to hand out as they choose.

This event is all about YOU, the community. What better way to celebrate 4 years of Defiance than by letting this great community take the reins and give out tons of free loot!

Please send in your PMs NOW, as we will be picking the Clans very soon who will participate.

Deadline is 3/27/2017.

2.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #2
    Hit us up with your info for this Clanniversary Event!
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Looking for help? Contact our support team!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Is there any oversight on Trion's part? "For the clan to hand out as they choose"?

Just wondering. Let's say hypothetically the giveaway is done by an unscrupulous clan/clan leader...

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to work, so just looking for some enlightenment.
    xbox 360 NA - GT: peter1187 In-game: petero

Favorite weapons: The Enforcer , Death's Kiss , Saprophyte , Azathoth

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecooked View Post
    Is there any oversight on Trion's part? "For the clan to hand out as they choose"? Just wondering. Let's say hypothetically the giveaway is done by an unscrupulous clan/clan leader...I'm not entirely sure how this is going to work, so just looking for some enlightenment.
    I'm not sure how it will work either. But I will say it is highly, highly unlikely that any clan leader with 15 or more ACTIVE players would be "unscrupulous" and survive. I know many of the English ones in PC NA past and present. They may not be perfect and please everyone all the time, but unscrupulous, nah. In fact, my experience is that clan leaders have highest respect for the game.

PS And I know that you were just posing a hypothetical.
    IGN = Avalanch.
    "Daredevil"
    Clan = Cronus
    PC NA

From what I see on the forums, it really does seem like PC overall is a good community.

Unfortunately, I only play on 360. Lots of shadiness here.

But yes, this is all a hypothetical scenario in my head. I don't mean to accuse anyone.
    xbox 360 NA - GT: peter1187 In-game: petero

Favorite weapons: The Enforcer , Death's Kiss , Saprophyte , Azathoth

Oh I know you weren't accusing anyone.

But to stay on topic: This this is a great idea and thank you devs!
    IGN = Avalanch.
    "Daredevil"
    Clan = Cronus
    PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecooked View Post
    Is there any oversight on Trion's part? "For the clan to hand out as they choose"?

Just wondering. Let's say hypothetically the giveaway is done by an unscrupulous clan/clan leader...

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to work, so just looking for some enlightenment.
    adding 1 more qualification would take care of that one, and that being clan MUST be 3 years old or older

8.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rest assured that any codes we give out are completely traceable. We will be selecting clans who have a true desire to have fun and create fun experiences for others in defiance. This will not be taken lightly, and we will indeed monitor where these codes are sent, so that someone does not take them all for themselves.

With that being said, this is a celebration. We want to encourage clan leaders to be the leaders we know they are, and create fun opportunities for others! We will whole heartedly support these great leaders, and we will entrust them with what we know will be a great event.

Deathmarch's have been done to death

Is it possible to manipulate the code in the various siege's around the map, (Bathhouse, shrill in sv, Chinatown, etc) to turn on "superspawning"? <<If thats what its called?

Saw a vid a while back of Altras at Iron Demon on PTS and someone had all sorts of bosses spawning in piles with a vengeance. I thought it was pretty cool.
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    Deathmarch's have been done to death

Is it possible to manipulate the code in the various siege's around the map, (Bathhouse, shrill in sv, Chinatown, etc) to turn on "superspawning"? <<If thats what its called?

Saw a vid a while back of Altras at Iron Demon on PTS and someone had all sorts of bosses spawning in piles with a vengeance. I thought it was pretty cool.
    I've asked similar after that day. It likely won't happen on live because on pts, it doesn't matter if the server crashes. Putting that many resources into one spot on live would cause serious latency, and likely crash the server.

Going back on topic! Here''s some events that have worked well for Cronus events in the past, please feel free to use them as you see fit:
    -Community Cruise:Players follow the leader from one location to another in a dope convoy.
    -Marathon: Same deal as the cruise, only by foot.
    -Topnotch Race: Starts and ends at topnotch, goes around the lake to the right. Could do tournaments if players are bracketed (little more work, but competitive and hella fun)
    -Dodgeball: PvP using only Courier and BMGS. It's truly hectic and crazy fun, best in Waterfront or Observatory.