+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ReAPEr1989 View Post
    Well im abit confused. Me and Huzzah3579 will get "tons of great loot" ( hope will be jackpots ). We will held the events we thinked about ( i will contact him to ask his ideeas and present my own ) . The prizes will be given to A S G A R D clan and Red Thugs clan only or to whole server ? Since is a clan thing my opinion is that we shuld give prizes only to our clans. Sorry if i may sound like a bad person but i stand for my clan. Corect me if i am wrong Destromathe

PS : me and some other clanmembers will give some jackpots also
    Hey Reaper,

I will PM you further instructions and information about loot. However, this event is indeed intended for all players, as outlined in the original post. No one will be left out. However, clans who are putting together these events will get something for the clan, as well as loot to hand out to anyone who participates.

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Hey Reaper,

I will PM you further instructions and information about loot. However, this event is indeed intended for all players, as outlined in the original post. No one will be left out. However, clans who are putting together these events will get something for the clan, as well as loot to hand out to anyone who participates.
    Ok i will wait for more instructions then but will be hard to know who participates from the whole server hehe

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    I think he means he's giving the clan leaders that got picked something special to hand out to their clans for volunteering to host. But the prizes will still be available to all participants during the clan events. Just ask LE, Reaper. I'm sure they can clear it up for you.

But yeah, it is sort of odd.. to host an event for the entire community on your platform but only make the prizes available to yourself or a small select group. Remember this is more about celebrating defiance for everyone who plays. Total server population far outweighs the population of one clan. So if there is a incentive for everyone to participate, the events will be bigger & more social. Everyone participating is what makes these events happen & fun, not just one group of people. Heck, I'd get bored if that was the case, nobody else to play with.
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

..And I'm off, excelsior!

I know what to give reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Hello All,

I wanted to take a second and thank EVERYONE who submitted ideas and their clan for consideration for this event. I will be rewarding all clan leaders who submitted something special to hand out to their clans. Keep an eye on your inbox for this reward.

Now unfortunately, I had to pick 2 clans from each environment and region to represent Trion during our anniversary. These clans and clan leaders are as follows:

Chaos Crew - US PC - Professor Chaos69
    Cronus - US PC - Altras
    Freemasons - US Xbox - Jennacent
    7th Legion - US XBox - King II
    A S G A R D - EU PC - ReAPEr1989
    Red Thugs - EU PC - Huzzah3579
    Headhunters - EU PS3 - Rita Mortis
    Guardians of Defiance - EU PS3 - W84IT
    Eternal Souls - NA PS3 - Johnny Dbag
    Defiance Terminators - NA PS3 - Axelle Axe

These clans will be putting on events during the Armistice Anniversary weekend, so look forward to hearing from them regarding their particular events. All players can participate, and I will personally be giving tons of great loot for them to give out!

Events may occur on either Saturday or Sunday, or both! Clan leaders - I encourage you all to post something on the forums about your event and what you want to do. Please keep in mind that we will not be spawning lots of mobs, or creating new content for this event alone, so get creative!

I will be PMing further instructions to all of the clan leaders listed above today, so keep an eye out for a PM from me. Thanks again to all participants!
    Thank you Destromathe,awesome news!! To all chosen clans congratulations!
    WE sure going to make something fun for all players and clans,so keep an eye out.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads.

Do a Race or Duel Club or defiance trivia

ASGARD and RedThungs..... I am looking forward to funny events and nice giveaways!

Btw...I think they dont giveaway JPs.
    They give tradeable codes, so i think cars, clothes and some other things.
    I am proud of my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by ReAPEr1989 View Post
    Well im abit confused. Me and Huzzah3579 will get "tons of great loot" ( hope will be jackpots ). We will held the events we thinked about ( i will contact him to ask his ideeas and present my own ) . The prizes will be given to A S G A R D clan and Red Thugs clan only or to whole server ? Since is a clan thing my opinion is that we shuld give prizes only to our clans. Sorry if i may sound like a bad person but i stand for my clan. Corect me if i am wrong Destromathe

PS : me and some other clanmembers will give some jackpots also
    Although this is called a 'Clan Anniversary' the idea is that we give out the prizes to whoever wins them (e.g. top score) regardless of which clan they are in. It is meant to be about clans doing something for the whole community and as a reward, the clan will get something too . I think amongst the more seasoned players, we can put together a small pool of jackpots/ojs into the "prize fund" on top of whatever loot we get from Trion to hand out (which may be costumes etc).

Since we span many timezones and are on at different times, we can decide who is managing the activities for that period. I think the idea is that we then announce in 'zone' that at say the next siege at Kenn Farm, we are going to give a prize for the top score; then one of us can award the prize at the end of it. If we are fully transparent in that way (give enough advance notice) and make it clear who the winner is and what they have received, I think it should run smoothly . There were a lot ideas in the drafted PM, so I think the main thing is that we dont clash with the Red Thugs activities, since that would just give the winner two prizes! So if the Red Thugs do something in San Francisco, we can do something in Marin or whatever. And we can spread out the different competitions etc throughout the day also (to give people a chance who maybe log in after work or whatever).

Also, there are several 'older' players (veterans) from other platforms who have moved to PC and have experience of clan based activities (we have discussed much in chat). So we can decide the details with them as well, Reaper (some of their ideas were included in the PM).

Imagine Trion is a donut shop – they are giving the clan 100 donuts to give out to public and as a reward the clan get to keep 5 donuts (by the way, the numbers are just an example ). The idea is not that the clan secretly eat all the donuts! And by giving out the prizes during this event, it could be even more good publicity for the respective clans!

BTW I'm happy to help organize activities as much as I can - I can be 'event coordinator' or whatever for certain periods of the day etc. And I can suggest other 'regular' clan mates who should be able to do the same when they are online.

Kinda curious as to what these prizes are tbh.
    PS3-NA
    IGN: Lycan Nightshade 6000 ego:Clan- T.D.O.M
    IGN: Shiva Nightshade 5k+:Clan- T.D.O.F
    IGN: Saberwulf Nightshade 4k+:Clan- D.T.
    PSN: LYCAN_NIGHTSHADE

Wishlist-No longer playing enough to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Although this is called a 'Clan Anniversary' the idea is that we give out the prizes to whoever wins them (e.g. top score) regardless of which clan they are in. It is meant to be about clans doing something for the whole community and as a reward, the clan will get something too . I think amongst the more seasoned players, we can put together a small pool of jackpots/ojs into the "prize fund" on top of whatever loot we get from Trion to hand out (which may be costumes etc).

Since we span many timezones and are on at different times, we can decide who is managing the activities for that period. I think the idea is that we then announce in 'zone' that at say the next siege at Kenn Farm, we are going to give a prize for the top score; then one of us can award the prize at the end of it. If we are fully transparent in that way (give enough advance notice) and make it clear who the winner is and what they have received, I think it should run smoothly . There were a lot ideas in the drafted PM, so I think the main thing is that we dont clash with the Red Thugs activities, since that would just give the winner two prizes! So if the Red Thugs do something in San Francisco, we can do something in Marin or whatever. And we can spread out the different competitions etc throughout the day also (to give people a chance who maybe log in after work or whatever).

Also, there are several 'older' players (veterans) from other platforms who have moved to PC and have experience of clan based activities (we have discussed much in chat). So we can decide the details with them as well, Reaper (some of their ideas were included in the PM).

Imagine Trion is a donut shop – they are giving the clan 100 donuts to give out to public and as a reward the clan get to keep 5 donuts (by the way, the numbers are just an example ). The idea is not that the clan secretly eat all the donuts! And by giving out the prizes during this event, it could be even more good publicity for the respective clans!

BTW I'm happy to help organize activities as much as I can - I can be 'event coordinator' or whatever for certain periods of the day etc. And I can suggest other 'regular' clan mates who should be able to do the same when they are online.
    Ahh no matter about envy people.
    I trust the Clanleaders!
    And the Devs say they controll the giveaways.

But for the events.... take sure that all players have a chance to win.
    Over highscore are players with good eqiupment gets a higher chance for first place.
    Thats not the best way.
    I am proud of my bad english

+ Reply to Thread