+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Altras View Post
    I've asked similar after that day. It likely won't happen on live because on pts, it doesn't matter if the server crashes. Putting that many resources into one spot on live would cause serious latency, and likely crash the server.

Going back on topic! Here''s some events that have worked well for Cronus events in the past, please feel free to use them as you see fit:
    -Community Cruise:Players follow the leader from one location to another in a dope convoy.
    -Marathon: Same deal as the cruise, only by foot.
    -Topnotch Race: Starts and ends at topnotch, goes around the lake to the right. Could do tournaments if players are bracketed (little more work, but competitive and hella fun)
    -Dodgeball: PvP using only Courier and BMGS. It's truly hectic and crazy fun, best in Waterfront or Observatory.
    lmfao I love the pvp dodgeball . And pvp with bmgs are uber crazy
    LadyReaper2689
    DarkHeartAke90

Just cause. Give a little get alot .

Im told im to nice and give to much but I don't care. I will always find ways to give a little more.

NOLA ♫ In my frigidaire, behind the mayo, way in the back, see you tonite for a midnight .. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hit us up with your info for this Clanniversary Event!
    Well, I'm sure someone will claim it's a bad idea, but since it's around Easter time.. How about a Easter Egg hunt or scavenger hunt sort of thing. Kinda like with the reindeer. Obviously, I'd suggest to scale them a bit larger so they can stand out a bit more and not make them extremely tiny or impossible for anyone to find. Not just at the fast travel points though, they can be anywhere on the map and possibly in co-ops. Make it to where you can claim it when you find it by holding X, like a pursuit, so it's not just people "claiming" they found everything on the list. Would be hilarious if they had a special bunny headgear release to go with it. Would suit the "bunny hoppers" well. If people are calling their buddies to fast-travel to them when they find one, simply make it to wear only one person can claim it, even if several people are around it when it's claimed like with tarr crates or defiance tags, and after they do the location changes and it isn't always the same. Obviously.. they'd drop rewards and players that find them all get bigger rewards. For those who want to "shoot things" it's not like they can't add an enemy or more, or a swarm of killer white rabbits similar to Monty Python, popping out after you active the item.

PVP idea's aren't bad, just as some have already stated, a bit cliché. Lot's of people hold PVP matches only using certain guns, they just call it out in zone. You can do that anytime. Although, sometimes someone will screw it up and use an AR in a pistols only match. Plus, trying to make it fair for everyone. New people or mid-level players might as well not even participate. The 6k scaling makes no difference. Then you have rigs which some don't even have one, weapon skill levels, perks unlocked, etc. I really don't need to go on with more examples, you get the point i'm sure. Vets will have better gear because they have been playing longer. Only way around that would to be to setup tiers matchmaking based on ego range. That's why you never see low ego's on top of the leaderboard. Only way that could happen is if a vet transferred gear to a lower ego toon. Not to mention, some players may not even have the weapon type requested for the PVP match to be able to participate. Whether they are newish or even vets simply don't carry certain weapons types because they don't ever use them. At least, that's what some have claimed on here in previous threads..

Now, new players may not have all the fast travel points unlocked, but that's why I said don't just put the locations at fast travel points.. they'd be driving all over the map anyway like everybody else. Still a better chance for them then PVP. But I suppose there will be some that are only thinking of themselves when it comes to this. Let's be real, everyone knows that PVP = GVG Gear vs. Gear. Whoever has the best gear will come out on top in the majority of matches and you will have the same people on the top leaderboard. It's even easier if those players are all in a group together. Only other way to make it at least somewhat fair would be to strip everything from loadout & perks and make it a auto-pistols only match. Can't do anything about the pistol skill bonuses though if some don't have it. If some want a vet exclusive event that they will have the advatange over, then at least have the deceny to be honest about it.

As far as PVP ideas go though, I've always liked the OLTL with multiple rounds concept from the old school FPS shooter communities. Or something similiar to the patient zero game mode.

But to clarify.. is it going to be just handing out stuff to random people who are simply participating? Or is it going to be based more off of whoever the winners are at the events? Like a competition?
    If it's going to be random handouts, how is that going to be selected? Pick a number again in zone chat?
    How do you know the individual handing out the prizes won't just pick most of their friends or other clannies or people they like? Will there be both participation prizes and winner prizes and in that case I would guess the paricipation prizes would be lesser than the latter? Honestly.. it would be so much simpler if you just had a Trion employee handle the prize giving. But I think you guys said you don't even have an Xbox.. soo there goes that idea, unless someone up there has one at home as well as a PS4.
    My original gathering on this was that it was going to be some sort of competitive event. But if they are just doing random giveaways like it's a social gathering, then yeah, a marathon type event like a Triathlon or giant race sounds legit. Stuff like that. Leave the scavenger hunt for next monthly holiday event optional pursuit possibly.
    BUT even if it's solely based on participation.. it needs to be something that is open to everyone and not just have requirements that only some will be able to meet to participate in. And it would be nice if it's something that everyone can enjoy (not just all about the prizes) and not just a reason for new peeps to be easy arkforge bait.

An Easter egg hunt? C'mon now, I'm chasing guns and mods... I want to shoot things.
    PC/NA Arkhunter reporting for duty, sir!

NOLA ♫ In my frigidaire, behind the mayo, way in the back, see you tonite for a midnight .. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    An Easter egg hunt? C'mon now, I'm chasing guns and mods... I want to shoot things.

And to help your case, you already have an entire map to shoot things on. But thanks for following up your statement by contributing with an in-depth great suggestion of your own in contrast to others.

Looks like more fun than "collecting" multi-colored hard boiled eggs, so yeah...
    PC/NA Arkhunter reporting for duty, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti
    Hit us up with your info for this Clanniversary Event!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    I want to shoot things.

Looking forward to this event...just a couple things to consider:

While it's unfair to assume that clan leaders/founders are unsrupulous, they are likely great leaders because they "take care" of their members. That being said...it's not only ensuring that the prizes are being properly dispersed, it's the quality or value of the prizes dispersed. For example: awarding lockbox codes or special weapons ( which would have the most interest )to clan members and in game friends, while awarding, say, outfits or different colored challengers to the rest.

The events themselves need to somehow be "fair" for everyone. As Salem pointed out, things like PVP matches wouldn't be fair, even with only using certain weapon types...a newer player's blue spanner is no match for a supreme T5'd stingray! Now, if there was a way to alter pvp matches so that when you enter them, you are given a set weapon loadout, shield and rig and not have your own personal set up...this would be fair. Even vehicle races would have to be limited to 1 vehicle type that everyone had access to.

It's not going to be an easy task for devs and the chosen leaders to come up with events that are fair for everyone, so thank you in advance for all the effort and time that will be put into this. ( hopefully the chosen leaders are rewarded for their time and effort ).

Again, I'm looking forward to participating in whatever events we have as it will be fun to roll with and meet new people I might not otherwise get the chance to do. I'm also willing to help any chosen leaders with these events in any way I can...just let me know. ( 360NA )

sine me up, pm sent
    professor chaos69
    founder chaos crew pc/na
    http://joinchaos.weebly.com/
    all players welcome
    200 active members daily and growing
    5-25 in clan team speak at any time

Buenas mi clan se llama legión de ángeles con unos 80 o mas jugadores activos mi propuesta para evento es sea como un a especie de carrera entre los jugadores en mi clan se hacen esos tipos de carreras todas los domingos bueno esa es mi propuesta

I would like to recommend Chaos Crew for this event! We are already capable of and are constantly running player made events within our own clan, and to invite the community to join us would be awesome.
    Join Chaos Crew! PM me anytime in game for an invite or visit http://joinchaos.weebly.com/