+ Reply to Thread
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Locking PTS During Non-Critical Test Periods

Hello All,

We have noticed a trend lately of players who are using the PTS as their version of Live, and playing there exclusively. This is not how the PTS is meant to be used, and we encourage those players to join the rest of the community on the Live servers.

As such, we will be shutting down the PTS during periods where we are not asking for testing. When we update the PTS with a new update, we will leave it up for a period of time until release, and then immediately bring it back down.

We do appreciate all of the testing that players do during our testing periods, and look forward to continuing that tradition with you all. However, please understand that PTS is not meant to be played all the time. Thank you.

This is great news!
    JP Rig Info
    sig by Tauriiel

Too funny. I had no idea people actually did that.
    xbox 360 NA - GT: peter1187 In-game: petero

Favorite weapons: The Enforcer , Death's Kiss , Laynard , Azathoth

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecooked View Post
    Too funny. I had no idea people actually did that.
    Some people even had trading threads in the PTs section. Some people will do anything to get stuff without having to really pay anything for it.

Closing PTS

I don't see why you can't offer a "monthly prize" to encourage people to play on live too..or give time to transfer weapons to characters on live from PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn3578 View Post
    transfer weapons to characters on live from PTS
    This will never happen as with all the free bits they give you on PTS no one would buy any on Live since they'd have all the weapons already for free.
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

This is going to make some PTS only loners real happy.
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

I can understand why they did it,with live rewarding being so bad,even on defiance anniversary...yeah sure i would move and live there,a defiance utopia and swim in GOOD jackpots full t5d...i mean the players with 9 boson contaminators or 8 pistols will understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn3578 View Post
    I don't see why you can't offer a "monthly prize" to encourage people to play on live too..or give time to transfer weapons to characters on live from PTS
    Everything that you just posted is the opposite of how it is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    As such, we will be shutting down the PTS during periods where we are not asking for testing. When we update the PTS with a new update, we will leave it up for a period of time until release, and then immediately bring it back down.
    1982 Counselor of the Year