+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutronenstern View Post
    First Impressions:

I like the diversity of DM, Scrappers and Shrill. They work good together, when you try to avoid a DM Sniper a Shrill or Bullwark will kill you.
    But, its not really new, it feels like the NVF Arkfalls. It would be cool when we could have a Boss at the Major. Maybe a Shrill-Monolith or something (big).
    I agree completely. Arkfalls without giant bosses are no fun. Just look at the current voting of preferred arkfalls. The 2 least voted of all (NFH and MM) have no bosses.

Destromathe, if you could add Inquisitors to the Death and Taxes arkfall, it would be great! But even if it's already too late for that, think about this design choice for upcoming events. Including revamping NFH and MM.
    PS3 NA
    PSN: blu-san
    Defiance: SanCarioca, DevilSan, CastiSan, San Tarr, Digital San
    Clan: Defiance Terminators
    EGO: 6000

I like the combination of NVF & Dark Matter, gives good challenge. The final had tons of forges, bulwarks, & shrill coming after me. I do think this will need TL11 on live as it seems it was killed off too fast.

Destro i was curious to try the new arkfalls on pts its realy easy with low ego to do the arkfalls but on life its for a lower ego player are having a hard time to survive, i like the mix of the enemies, but we need more ppl on pts for a propper test to sumulate real life, as to up the threatlevel. can it be sheduled with all clans au and na to get as many ppl in to test, its no use trying it one on one.

I noticed the arkfalls weren't spawning as much but I believe its fixed now. And also would like to test out new synergy to detect any anomolies in the syn. And Yes the scaling will be hard for lower ego to do these arkfalls are a bit tough for them.

Hi there,

thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I have disabled all other arkfalls for the time being. Appreciate you pointing that out. You should be able to get a major to spin up now.
    I only had the opportunity again today to hop on the pts. I just wanted to take a look at the new Majors.
    What should I say...look what I found on my Map:

http://imgur.com/a/ZaOjW

(its a Neo-Votanis-Freebooter Major)

Is "for the time being" already over? LOL

Not so serious, it's funny. I'll try it later again.

I would like to address another problem which is not really funny (at least for my sense of humor).
    Without a schedule and enough testers, its clearly impossible to say/test whether the scaling works good or not.
    And what else should we test?
    The Majors are ever the same, perhaps here and there a stuck enemy but all in all its ever the same and will work.
    Where we see problems is with the new synergys. Currently the new Backpack syns. It is obvious that they were not properly tested. Why?
    I can only speak for myself. For me its due to the lack of respect. You ask for help and I try to help you but you ignore me. I'm not a fool. When you mean Promotion instead of Testing than say it clear! I promote your Event stuff since over one Year on the german forum part. But if you ask for help/testing and I test and report what I've found and you ignore me...............it feels like you kidding me....it's disrespectful!
    I think the last players you should ignore are your pts tester. We make this voluntarily and free of charge. Please think about it!

The question is not only to the Dev team but also to the community: is a detailed test at all desirable?
    Or is it okay to spend a lot of money for (broken) things that may be fixed sometime but maybe never? This could be prevented!

So, excuse me, but I had to get rid of that.
    Maybe I'm a fool because I'm trying to help you...
    PC/EU - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Aymee Vibes; Char3: Taja ria; Char4: Meeka; Char5: Therelia; Char6: Ne'nani
    PTS - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Meeka
    PC "Ignatz":
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ - 3 Gb DDR2 - Nvidia GF 9600 GT 512mb OC @ 1440x900

Perhaps we can organize a time to go on PTS between us? I can send a whisper when we are in game or something .

I logged on briefly to see the new event - and only saw minors (not many people around). Both minors were buggy - all waves in one go...then nothing for several minutes (have video). Its funny because after several minutes 1 single leech showed up and then boom when that was dead the minor was over .
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    Don't shoot the messenger...I am not your enemy

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Got kicked from PTS, now it's offline. Why? Communication?
    Edit: Found the answer...Livestream, lol.

Good thing: There was 3 Death & Taxes majors as I logged in. Yay!
    Bad: All 3 had ~1 minute left for clear all minors. No Chance...

Okay, so I had take a look on the minors.
    What I found is nothing new. First minor 2 enemys stuck in a stone:
    http://imgur.com/a/Xxbpf

...I don't think this will be fixed...

And it seems like the wave spawn also works as intended. I've count the enemys:
    kill 5 enemys -> wave 2 spawns
    kill 2 enemys -> wave 3 spawns
    kill 5 enemys -> wave 4 spawns
    kill 2 enemys -> wave 5 spawns
    That is why the minors are so fast over. At the beginning there are ~10 enemys around the crystall. A 6k Big Boomer or Masscanon bombs them away in a second. So after 2 seconds the 4th wave spawns and again a second later wave 5 -> minor arkfall is gone. Is it fair for other players? I don't think so. But I had stated this during Nuclear Winter testing and made a suggestion how to fix.....and got ignored.
    This is the funny thing I am supposed to participate at clearing the minors from a major. If I do so, I would clear 3 minors alone during all other players fight in a single one. I've do so several times to bring it faster to the Final but only if the danger exists that the time runs out.

I've made videos but they were so laggy no one can watch it without getting headache.
    Edit: The Video with the stuck enemys. (It currently takes ~40 seconds to clear a minor with lags)
    For courageous at your own risk: http://sendvid.com/qwi2gptu
    PC/EU - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Aymee Vibes; Char3: Taja ria; Char4: Meeka; Char5: Therelia; Char6: Ne'nani
    PTS - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Meeka
    PC "Ignatz":
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ - 3 Gb DDR2 - Nvidia GF 9600 GT 512mb OC @ 1440x900

Here is the video. I have included the part where I get incapacitated (at threat level 3 ) and decide to change loadout and tactics – this is to give an accurate account of the real duration. The single leech makes an appearance towards the end. At least I gave that guy working at the refinery a little excitement!

As Neutronenstern has admirably covered in more detail above; the waves seem to trigger very quickly and one can get overwhelmed. Now I know what to expect, I will be prepared for further DAT arkfalls…if I get another chance that is!
    I went to another minor and saw the same behaviour – someone else had killed all the enemies and the arkfall was empty for about 10 minutes (I left before the timer went down to zero).

And I would echo the general sentiment that if we get the new weapons to test on PTS (and maybe take suggestions from players on what aspects they want tested) then we can hopefully iron out most of the (hell) bugs before the code goes live.

The Enemies

I wonder if it will all be Apex and Formidable level?
    Could harness and put Rouge Assassins and Echelon enemies., appears in Passio Melak Vor coop
    And the enemies of the Faith : Acolyte and Dedicant

I've noticed that the area effects of the Shrill Feeders and Dark Matter Bullwarks occasionally seems to cause constant white screen flashing.
    Whilst not really having a serious impact during the event, it is quite painful on the eyes.

The Dark Matter Snipers may occasionally cloak and never leave this state, even when shooting.

Major Arkfall Minors near Bloodbath frequently seem to spawn enemies inside nearby rocks or within slopes of the landscape.