+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weighted RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    People give Trion no incentive at all to fix rng.
    Exactly! ! Trion knows they keep making shiny toys that we can never actually touch, and ppl will keep dropping money for Trion's version of a chance! I don't fault ppl for spending their money on the game. Hey its yours to do what you want, and thanks for supporting the game. But nothing will ever be fixed or actually addressed because this is Trion's business model. I've said this before, I just got tired of saying "it is what it is"!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    People give Trion no incentive at all to fix rng.
    Yes i agree

As far as they are concerned the money is coming in = Dont fix what isn't broke

I must be one of the few that hasn't had any complaints with the RNG.

60 plus jps in pool for armistice, yet I am getting multiples of 4 different guns. I am running 6 toons on two different platforms.
    One toon has pulled 4 defiant crates, with 3 compulsions in a row and one det. I got one drop from karma during an arkfall... the highly coveted Lilith.

Most players only recognize two weapon types in this game. Blast rifles and noob cannons. Any JP not belonging to those two types are considered junk.

Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Molly Bushwhacker 5304 Clan Members Only

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    they tell us its working as intended
    That's the thing, they need to work on what is intended. They need to make it less RNG. Several people including myself have given them the methods of making valid changes to the boxes. For example, what they could do is make it to wear opening a box drops a series of mods and those mods would be chosen by the player to match the slot and type of weapon you are already using and prefer. That way you could actually fill up the slots on your weapon.

Not only would this method remove the constant need for an auction house but it would clear out the ten million forum posts a day of people selling mods they don't need.

I checked daily and for the past three days the ONLY daily messages on the forums are people selling or buying things.

I just pulled my 3rd MM jackpot this event..

So I got the FF sword..and 3 MM syn weapons I didnt really want.

Meanwhile..NVF arkfalls are dropping nothing but garbage..

I missed NVF the first time, was the drop rate for mods and bombardiers this horrible before? It has been bad enough that I felt like I needed to keep and upgrade a blue drop..

Quote Originally Posted by Charapoo View Post
    I just pulled my 3rd MM jackpot this event..

So I got the FF sword..and 3 MM syn weapons I didnt really want.

Meanwhile..NVF arkfalls are dropping nothing but garbage..

I missed NVF the first time, was the drop rate for mods and bombardiers this horrible before? It has been bad enough that I felt like I needed to keep and upgrade a blue drop..
    I never pulled a JP/OJ NVF bombadier and didn't pull enough mods to mod all my auto's. And iirc I didn't get any T4 ERR's, PB, or Ionic's, this is how cursed my RNG is!

One thing I find exceptionally annoying about the way Trion weights the mod drops, is how they always tend to weight it towards the wrong type for the gun..
    Ex: Event has Blast Rifles for AR - Event drops a ton of tac and ADS sights instead of stabs.
    Next Event has VBI AR's..Your inventory is overflowing with stab sights and no assault etc..

Don't even get me started on the assault melee stocks (which should just be taken out of the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Charapoo View Post
    One thing I find exceptionally annoying about the way Trion weights the mod drops, is how they always tend to weight it towards the wrong type for the gun..
    Ex: Event has Blast Rifles for AR - Event drops a ton of tac and ADS sights instead of stabs.
    Next Event has VBI AR's..Your inventory is overflowing with stab sights and no assault etc..

Don't even get me started on the assault melee stocks (which should just be taken out of the game).
    ^^^
    This

Totally agree.

Since last year's Armistice event I had 3 events with no ERR drops of any tier, and 2 events on top of that without getting a T4. I still have a ton of auto's without stocks, ppl are asking an arm and a leg for some if these syns