+ Reply to Thread

New and annyoing, the ususal

Hi, I am a new player. I started a few days with a friend and we quite enjoy our time in Defiance. Now a few questions that you all probably answered like 10.000 times the past four years. 1. Is it normal that the game has problems with lags? I participated in an Arkfall and players jumped around, phased in and out and overall it was not a pleasant experience. Is this the Standard? 2. Can vehicles also be customized later on like weapons? 3. What are the benefits of a clan? Only flat 5% bonus or is there more to it? Edit: And why doesn't the forum accept my input of return and write everything in a block of text?

1. There is lag particularly at major holiday event arkfalls when a bunch of players are all there... however when the other players disappear (some call this Ghosting) it is actually a lag prevention mechanism and occurs once a certain amount of players/mobs all show up in the same place at one time. It cuts down on the amount of data that needs to be transferred across players on the same server.

2. Vehicles cannot be customized but different vehicles become available occasionally thru arkhunter bundles that can be found in the bit store usually with a limited release vehicle as part of the bundle.

3. Clan benifits include for a level 3 clan (highest level) extra rep from contracts, extra boost for your car and and extra keycode for each event you do that qualifies. Also an active clan can help you along with leveling and gear. Some clan focus on certain things like expeditions or holiday events or pvp... some clans do a little bit of everything. I recommend trying a few out and seeing if you find one you like.

Good Hunting Arker!

Menetekel PC/NA
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

Thank you all. BTW. what does the plate symbol means?

Quote Originally Posted by Karakla View Post
    Thank you all. BTW. what does the plate symbol means?
    If you mean the Armor Plate by your name shield bar, that's what it is. You Shielding unit's armor plates. Up to 3 (4 for the event specials currently). Each plate = 10% damage reduction.

You can also add to this with Perks for temporary Plates (called Ablative Armor). I believe the max benifit is 6 plates for a 60% damage reduction (though I'm not sure on the cuttoff).

Evolution or Extinction

Welcome to Defiance i joined 6 months ago and i'm still learning.

The forums are very helpful as you've seen. There are some very helpful members, Who are quite patient.

Hope you enjoy the game.

If you have an oj shield with all 3 armor plates still intact and your shield breaks while you have Thick Skinned Perk in your load out it bumps you up to seven plates for a few seconds. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Good Hunting!
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens