+ Reply to Thread

The PS3 Experience

I currently have 4 active Patron accounts on PS3, two regular and two mule accounts that are new Collector's Editions off eBay that get 30 days of Patron. I have two PS3s setup in my gaming room so I can play two characters at the same time with hopes of different shards for event major watching. This is my tale.

I get up early, maybe too early after the reset, with PC and Xbox 360 accounts cleared the previous night, to work on PS3. Figure I can knock out daily Silicon Valley Conflict contracts while waiting. I luckily enter separate shards and find the Mrk of the Defiant and clear a conflict in both. A Colony Courtship spawns in one shard so I "Go To Friend" and I take both characters to the finale where I rack up 20K on one and then hide while I work on the other. Given this is Colony Courtship I shouldn't be using a detonator but I finally got a Purgatory (my first across 40 characters on the three platforms) and am trying to get a decent mastery (no, Velocity and Damage to Multiple Targets aren't what I want) but the usual "invisible hellbugs spawn in frnt of you" leads to multiple downs. Gotta extract. Infinite Loading screen. Have to manually quit. In the three minutes it takes to relaunch the game, go through the prompts and finally rez the event major is over, no rewards, no contract fulfilled.

Luckily another Colony Courtship spawns and I take both characters to it where they both live. Time to Fast Travel to Coit for my rewards. Both stick on the Loading screen. Have to manually quit the game, relaunch, re-Fast Travel,finally get that out of the way. Another Colony Courtship appears, figure it's another chance to maybe get a Loyalty Jackpot so I go, live again, map is clear, time to quit and switch to the other two characters.

I switch my PSN accounts on both consoles and launch, getting lucky again with different shards. On one I find a Mark of the Defiant right away, on the other a Conflict. After finishing the conflict, and one still not popping on the other PS3, and no Event Majors on either, I go on the hunt for the Mark. Three Fast Travels later I'm stuck on the Loading screen, have to quit to XMB. Next time in four Fast Travels, on the fourth as soon as I rez I crit. Quit and launch again. This time I get six Fast Travels in, still no Mark, so I check Pursuits and somehow I have the contract cleared, must have been near one and just not have gotten the notification. So over to the other, a conflict has appeared, clear that. Now for the Event Major.

I wait an hour and a half, in two separate shards, with no Event Major. Get some Dark Matter and a Scrapper,, but otherwise just sitting around, browsing the web while checking the map every few minutes. In one shard there are two conflict sites in secreter/evangel mode so I figure I'll help clear those, maybe that'll move things along. I get an EGO Unit. Upgrade a perk then stupidly R2 back to the character page to check to see if I need to up the EGO of any of my weapons and hard freeze. Stupid me forgets on PS3 with heavy inventory characters making a change on an EGO page means you have to exit EGO or you're asking for a crash. Have to manually power off the PS3. That doesn't work. Have to crawl on the floor to pull the power cord. When I'm finally back in an Event Major has finally spawned. I get both characters there, do 30K on one, 60K on the other, and Fast Travel to Coit. Both PS3s are stuck on Loading screen, have to be manually Quit and relaunch. Open my boxes, carefully upgrade perks and exit EGO, sell off the junk to the vendor and I'm done.

The joys of Defiance on PS3.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

The struggle is real.

I've been playing Defiance on ps3 for almost 3 years. I can and have handled the stop and go lag, disconnecting, freezing, infinite loading screens, invisible enemies, unkillable enemies, glitched maps, glitched pursuits, invisible players, shard crashing and hundreds of glitches and bugs, but one thing that I can't and will not handle, is TRNG (Trion's Random Number Generator) aka the WNG (Weighted Number Generator).

I've probably spent close to 1000$ on bitboxes and have nothing except t4 junk to show for it. I've done thousands of arkfalls, opened hundreds of jackpot boxes and the only things i have to show for it are multiple duplicate pistols, shotties, snipers and pretty much everything else i don't use. I've ran thousands of expos and never have i ever gotten a supreme drop. Not a shield, not a weapon, not even a t6 vehicle wrecker chip. Nothing. 0 useful oj chips (plenty of lmg, vehicle and bmg chips though).
    I've been playig armistice 6 hours a day, everyday. 4 karma drops, all trash. 31 DF jps, all trash.

Unless something will be done about it (probably never will) i can't see myself spending money, or even playing the game, for much longer.

PS - Sorry for the rant.

I've only played for roughly a year on ps3 and all the above is a very real common occurrence.

All I can say about it is I definitely wouldn't be playing on ps3 if I had to pay a subscription like xbox live.

Even though there's connectivity and stability issues on xbx it's nothing like ps3 in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    I've only played for roughly a year on ps3 and all the above is a very real common occurrence.

All I can say about it is I definitely wouldn't be playing on ps3 if I had to pay a subscription like xbox live.

Even though there's connectivity and stability issues on xbx it's nothing like ps3 in my experience.
    --------------
    The joys of the ps3

i have 100 meg fibre optic internet. And been trying to do the 99 pursuit. Which can be done in less then 2 mins. Every time i find one its been spawned for a little while as i'm changing shards looking for one.

Anyways once i find one the time i fast travel ( about 30 seconds) then once i've spawned and can move 20secs, then i have to spawn a car 20-30 secs, Then have to wait for map to spawn 25 secs. So roughly 2 mins since the 99 major has spawned. Now i have to travel normally 500-900 m ( hopfully without getting chucked from car or not hitting something invisible) Any 9 out of 10 times its been done. You get in sight of it to see it ending *being generous on spawn est*

Then follows the swearing and frustration. Anyway after in total 15 hours of doing nothing but map watch and rush off followed by swearing i've managed 19 and 1 week left so look after all i will get the 30 places of inventory free.

Seems a lot of people on the ps3 eu server are trying to do the 99 pursuit. And it every man for themselves. if only the minor/majors count.

So in 15 hours of play i managed 19x 2 mins of majors. I did do a few majors but this week been taken up doing 19 minors which i like doing but its the inactivity of watching maps and trying in vain to get to the minor in time. My wife says i will have a heart attack with the stress from it. I am thankful i have another week to finish the pursuit.

I also know the pursuit was set-up with 3 weeks in mind and only 1 event minor spawning (not sharing with another 2) So am grateful to get a chance to get it whacked but the stress and time consumed for 19 minors so far is crazy. ( or maybe i'm the crazy one)

Quote Originally Posted by clubside View Post
    I currently have 4 active Patron accounts on PS3, two regular and two mule accounts that are new Collector's Editions off eBay that get 30 days of Patron. I have two PS3s setup in my gaming room so I can play two characters at the same time with hopes of different shards for event major watching. This is my tale.

I get up early, maybe too early after the reset, with PC and Xbox 360 accounts cleared the previous night, to work on PS3. Figure I can knock out daily Silicon Valley Conflict contracts while waiting. I luckily enter separate shards and find the Mrk of the Defiant and clear a conflict in both. A Colony Courtship spawns in one shard so I "Go To Friend" and I take both characters to the finale where I rack up 20K on one and then hide while I work on the other. Given this is Colony Courtship I shouldn't be using a detonator but I finally got a Purgatory (my first across 40 characters on the three platforms) and am trying to get a decent mastery (no, Velocity and Damage to Multiple Targets aren't what I want) but the usual "invisible hellbugs spawn in frnt of you" leads to multiple downs. Gotta extract. Infinite Loading screen. Have to manually quit. In the three minutes it takes to relaunch the game, go through the prompts and finally rez the event major is over, no rewards, no contract fulfilled.

Luckily another Colony Courtship spawns and I take both characters to it where they both live. Time to Fast Travel to Coit for my rewards. Both stick on the Loading screen. Have to manually quit the game, relaunch, re-Fast Travel,finally get that out of the way. Another Colony Courtship appears, figure it's another chance to maybe get a Loyalty Jackpot so I go, live again, map is clear, time to quit and switch to the other two characters.

I switch my PSN accounts on both consoles and launch, getting lucky again with different shards. On one I find a Mark of the Defiant right away, on the other a Conflict. After finishing the conflict, and one still not popping on the other PS3, and no Event Majors on either, I go on the hunt for the Mark. Three Fast Travels later I'm stuck on the Loading screen, have to quit to XMB. Next time in four Fast Travels, on the fourth as soon as I rez I crit. Quit and launch again. This time I get six Fast Travels in, still no Mark, so I check Pursuits and somehow I have the contract cleared, must have been near one and just not have gotten the notification. So over to the other, a conflict has appeared, clear that. Now for the Event Major.

I wait an hour and a half, in two separate shards, with no Event Major. Get some Dark Matter and a Scrapper,, but otherwise just sitting around, browsing the web while checking the map every few minutes. In one shard there are two conflict sites in secreter/evangel mode so I figure I'll help clear those, maybe that'll move things along. I get an EGO Unit. Upgrade a perk then stupidly R2 back to the character page to check to see if I need to up the EGO of any of my weapons and hard freeze. Stupid me forgets on PS3 with heavy inventory characters making a change on an EGO page means you have to exit EGO or you're asking for a crash. Have to manually power off the PS3. That doesn't work. Have to crawl on the floor to pull the power cord. When I'm finally back in an Event Major has finally spawned. I get both characters there, do 30K on one, 60K on the other, and Fast Travel to Coit. Both PS3s are stuck on Loading screen, have to be manually Quit and relaunch. Open my boxes, carefully upgrade perks and exit EGO, sell off the junk to the vendor and I'm done.

The joys of Defiance on PS3.
    Lol you just described my day
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Na View Post
    I've been playing Defiance on ps3 for almost 3 years. I can and have handled the stop and go lag, disconnecting, freezing, infinite loading screens, invisible enemies, unkillable enemies, glitched maps, glitched pursuits, invisible players, shard crashing and hundreds of glitches and bugs, but one thing that I can't and will not handle, is TRNG (Trion's Random Number Generator) aka the WNG (Weighted Number Generator).

I've probably spent close to 1000$ on bitboxes and have nothing except t4 junk to show for it. I've done thousands of arkfalls, opened hundreds of jackpot boxes and the only things i have to show for it are multiple duplicate pistols, shotties, snipers and pretty much everything else i don't use. I've ran thousands of expos and never have i ever gotten a supreme drop. Not a shield, not a weapon, not even a t6 vehicle wrecker chip. Nothing. 0 useful oj chips (plenty of lmg, vehicle and bmg chips though).
    I've been playig armistice 6 hours a day, everyday. 4 karma drops, all trash. 31 DF jps, all trash.

Unless something will be done about it (probably never will) i can't see myself spending money, or even playing the game, for much longer.

PS - Sorry for the rant.
    I had/have most of the issues you described,and since december i'm experiencing the stop and go game/screen freeze...This is killing my game experience,cant expo (in bunkers,caves works fine) and stay away of most parts of mount tam,madera an sausalito...triangle of bermudas as i call it..

Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    --------------
    The joys of the ps3

i have 100 meg fibre optic internet. And been trying to do the 99 pursuit. Which can be done in less then 2 mins. Every time i find one its been spawned for a little while as i'm changing shards looking for one.

Anyways once i find one the time i fast travel ( about 30 seconds) then once i've spawned and can move 20secs, then i have to spawn a car 20-30 secs, Then have to wait for map to spawn 25 secs. So roughly 2 mins since the 99 major has spawned. Now i have to travel normally 500-900 m ( hopfully without getting chucked from car or not hitting something invisible) Any 9 out of 10 times its been done. You get in sight of it to see it ending *being generous on spawn est*

Then follows the swearing and frustration. Anyway after in total 15 hours of doing nothing but map watch and rush off followed by swearing i've managed 19 and 1 week left so look after all i will get the 30 places of inventory free.

Seems a lot of people on the ps3 eu server are trying to do the 99 pursuit. And it every man for themselves. if only the minor/majors count.

So in 15 hours of play i managed 19x 2 mins of majors. I did do a few majors but this week been taken up doing 19 minors which i like doing but its the inactivity of watching maps and trying in vain to get to the minor in time. My wife says i will have a heart attack with the stress from it. I am thankful i have another week to finish the pursuit.

I also know the pursuit was set-up with 3 weeks in mind and only 1 event minor spawning (not sharing with another 2) So am grateful to get a chance to get it whacked but the stress and time consumed for 19 minors so far is crazy. ( or maybe i'm the crazy one)
    The person who introduced me to defiance has long quit the game because he couldn't handle the stress anymore lol