+ Reply to Thread

Hard Freeze on Ps3 when cycling Character screen to either end

Ever since the last big update on Monday whenever I enter the Character screen using the start button, once I cycle off Loadouts, if I cycle back to it or cycle over to Cyber Rig my PS3 Hard Freezes. If I exit thescreen without going to either end I can go back in just fine. If I cycle directly to Cyber Rig from Loadouts it's fine. It only happens when I go to any of the 5 in between and try to and try to cycle to Loadouts or Cyber Rig from those five it will hard freeze every time. In short once I cycle in between Loadouts and Cyber Rig I can't go back to either end without a hard freeze occuring. This just started after the last big update and never before it.

The game disc is in brand new condition with not a scuff, scratch or fingerprint on it. The system has no problem with any other game out of my 50 or so. My internet is at 50Mb and tests regularly at between 45 and 55. This would seem to be a coding issuie on you guys part.

After letting my character sit open all day and nothing else knocked it offline during 24 hrs continuous online, cycling to Loadouts from Salvage Matrix caused another HARD FREEZE!!!!! You Seriously need to look into this and respond here?

I know exactly how you feel, frustrated, angry, disgusted, to put it politely. I've experienced hard freezes in all aspects of the game...entering a vendor, salvage matrix, during arkfalls, dailys, driving, standing still, you name a situation, I've probably hard froze. Unfortunately, if it don't affect the PC, it won't get resolved. According to Trion the problem is on our end and not theirs, which, by the way, as all console players know, is total bs. We just have to grin and bear it because nothing will be done about it for us console owners. We have to accept it for what it is. This is common place for us. When the games running good it's incredibly fun and addicting and you'll have a great time. There's alot to do. It's the epitome of the grind.

Luckily, you appear to be new to the game, if you can't or don't want to put up with all these hard freezes get out while you can, before it gets its hooks into you. I've invested too much time and money and made some good friends playing the game that I don't want to stop or maybe I can't stop, it is addicting. So far, since the beginning of the Event, I've hard froze 36 times! Crazy right?

...I hate to love this game.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

So what you're saying is Trion is worse than SEGA was with Phantasy Star Universe and I either put up with poor service or quit the game? If that's truly what you're saying I won't quit but I won't buy any more parts for it, I'll just accept what I find in game. If they expect me to pay extra for things the service has to improve.

I agree the game is fun and in just my 2 weeks I've met several nice people with just one scamming jerk.

It's not really on topic but you can PM me if you want, I'll take any advice you wish to give about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn8354 View Post
    So what you're saying is Trion is worse than SEGA was with Phantasy Star Universe and I either put up with poor service or quit the game? If that's truly what you're saying I won't quit but I won't buy any more parts for it, I'll just accept what I find in game. If they expect me to pay extra for things the service has to improve.

I agree the game is fun and in just my 2 weeks I've met several nice people with just one scamming jerk.

It's not really on topic but you can PM me if you want, I'll take any advice you wish to give about the game.
    ------------
    Yep thats what he is saying. My stress levels are very high when playing Defiance. The filth that leaves my mouth is disgusting . But every player has to vent there frustations of this game.

But still it has its pluses

* And yes i'm sure u'll come across many jerks and car spammers. But many good peeps to

** Also careful when you trade that the stuff is correct before you accept. Many chancer's about

Thank you Trion for fixing this very much deal breaking game bug. You just raised my opinion of you 100 fold. Fixed on 3-29-17 2:40pm ET.

It's back with a Vengeance

This seems to be tied up with my cyber rig. I have three and 99% of the time it won't even let me look at it let alone install chips or anything else. I have three other characters and none have an cyber rig and also don't have the problem. This needs fixing very soon. My main character is nearly unplayable.

4-27-17 I removed/unequiped all cyber rigs from all 6 load-outs and it still does all the same freezing. Also something new I forgot about. When trying to cycle down the list in any view (load-outs, Salvage Matrix, Inventory) the scrolling will stop and force me to flip the thumbsticks to get moving again. I checked other games I own and none, including the PS3 dashboard have any of these issues. Once again I say fix this soon.

OK this has gone on long enough. At this point I can't even access my Cyber Rigs to add chips so it makes that entire aspect of the game pointless which is absolutely ridiculous and to the point of breach of contract. I don't know who needs to be alerted about this but it needs fixing pretty dang quick. Is this a Dev problem or is there some ticket system that I haven't seen that I need to utilise?

Your a good one. My toon is somewhere in Madera coolin' out. I peek in every couple months to see if anything changed.... H.E. Double hoccey sticc NAW

I am having the same issue. After going to Alcatraz and getting a Cyber Rig, trying to scroll through my Character tabs will freeze my PS3. I have contacted Trion and they say there is nothing they can do.

Aragorn8354, what did they do to fix your issue?