+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The Iron Death gun was actually made in memory of the player Iron Death, former leader of Chaos Crew, who passed away. As far as i know the code was given to Chaos Crew members.

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecooked View Post
    I guess they consider Iron Death to be included in those giveaways :/
    Well idk if it was disclosed to the clans leaders that the Iron Death's code was only intended to be given to their clanmates, but really, they couldn't see this coming if it in fact was told these were for their clan members only. The blame falls fully on Trion for the method that the Iron Death reward was distributed.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    Well idk if it was disclosed to the clans leaders that the Iron Death's code was only intended to be given to their clanmates, but really, they couldn't see this coming if it in fact was told these were for their clan members only.
    Yes,it was disclosed when i got the email from Destromathe that the Iron Death's code was only intended to be given to clanmates. "The Iron Death blast rifle code is intended only for clan members. Please pass out this code to anyone in your clan, but do not provide it to players who are not. This will keep this item exclusive, and is completely up to you to keep that way!"
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads.

Quote Originally Posted by W84IT View Post
    This will keep this item exclusive, and is completely up to you to keep that way!"
    That statement right there leads me to believe that the Devs knew this was going to happen so now Im retracting my previous statement blaming Trion and will now place the blame on the clanmates who showed no loyalty towards their clans by keeping their rewards exclusive...so this is the first time where the phrase "working as inteaded" is not meant in a cynical manner but actually rings true
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Well Iron Death is a nice weapon, and I thank Trion for giving it to the selected clans.
    It’s nice that they chose to honor the memory of the player in that way (I did see Chaos Crew make this suggestion).

The code for the weapon had “Clan reward only” in the description (from what I have seen). Sadly, I think a leak with this sort of thing is almost inevitable – all it takes is one clan member to give the code to a friend. If the situation does get out of hand, perhaps the item will be deleted from those players not in the selected clans?

It would be rather unfortunate if the weapon were to be removed completely from the game, especially since several players have specially bought T5 mods to put on it.

As a side note: the Assault Armament synergy does not seem to be working with the blast rifle. If I equip an AA rocket launcher and AA shield, the 3 parts of the synergy do not become enabled. None of the synergy parts of the rifle change from grey to white. All the other clan members I have spoken to have confirmed this. I understand why this weapon wasn’t available for testing on PTS…

I was sent a pic in my psn mail and it said this-
    Armistice celebration: 4th anniversary weapon

Here's the pic

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecooked View Post
    I guess they consider Iron Death to be included in those giveaways :/
    A weapon named after a fallen Ark Hunter should never have been considered as an exclusive item anyway imho... It tarnishes their memory and from what I've heard of Iron Death just doesn't seem fitting.

Also there are a number of players who have numerous toons on one account in different clans... if they had one toon in the affiliated clan then wouldn't it make since for them to get the code for all their toons as well?
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    I was sent a pic in my psn mail and it said this-
    Armistice celebration: 4th anniversary weapon

Here's the pic

So it's basically a Anniversary weapon. Sounds a bit fair for everyone to get IMO
    http://i.imgur.com/rqP0Qx6.png
    PC NA PVP GOD
    Main game now > Playerunknown's Battleground
    "It's not the weapon that's overpowered, it's how you use it that makes it overpowered"

whatever i want you'are my boss or something else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Menetekel View Post
    A weapon named after a fallen Ark Hunter should never have been considered as an exclusive item anyway imho... It tarnishes their memory and from what I've heard of Iron Death just doesn't seem fitting.

Also there are a number of players who have numerous toons on one account in different clans... if they had one toon in the affiliated clan then wouldn't it make since for them to get the code for all their toons as well?
    why don't give it to all players that log in in the armistice the last 3 days?, or just put the gun available for all the last armistice day and make it untradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis91 View Post
    why don't give it to all players
    That's what I thought was appropriate as well then we can all have a little piece of Iron Death to take along with us!
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

+ Reply to Thread