+ Reply to Thread

Friends with benefits?

i have found by chance, as i don't enter every single day to forum, this post "Iron Death Blast Rifle Code"

reading this i found out there was a gift to the entire community if you ever found out and know how to redeem it ontime... For this, if it is going to be a gift available for all, then either add it to everyone or do not make it expire

but my point here is not that, it is that the post says it was only intended to be for a group of selected clans and only them. I haven't join clans that much, neither for so long, they only do their stuff, few actually help or explain things without making fun of new people. (my experience...)

So, my question would be, how do they decide which clan to benefit? why not those playing this game as long or more than many of those clan members?

And more importantly, how many times has this happened without even notice from many of us playing this game? Don't know if all members in those clans get to have the gift either

What do you think about this?

The gun was originally only going to be for the clans hosting the events for Armistice... which would have been fine if it hadn't been a weapon named in memorium for a fallen ark hunter (Iron Death died irl) but this has been covered extensively on the forums already and the clans and developers decided to make the code public. The codes always only run for a few days and then expire there are 100s of codes that you can no longer redeem because if they're not exclusive they're supposed to be limited time items.

Using the excuse I'm not in a clan or don't go on the forums so I didn't know about it is basically making an excuse for not being part of the larger Defiance community as a whole.
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

it is not an excuse... and the point here is to mention that in some way or another some may be getting some advantage. who? since when? how many times? seems unfair to me. But that's my opinion.

If the code was given out on the forums you have the option of keeping that information to yourself or sharing it with your friends. Everyone had an equal opportunity to go on the forums so everyone had an equal opportunity to get the code once it was made public. There have been some 'exclusive' items in the past say for things like pts testing or pvp testing but again it was an opportunity that was available to everyone. Everyone who has been playing longer then you have has advantages over you. Like this previous armistice event people who hadn't played during the 2016 Courtship Colony wanted those FoP weapons to be the Armistice event CC loot pool but that was from over a year ago and the only way to get those items is through trade of from loyalty boxes. Patron pass holders have advantages over non-patron pass holders. I've been playing for three years now and there are items that came out before I was here that I won't ever be able to get, there are codes that are no longer valid and all kinds of things that have changed and or become out-dated. If you want to make things more even feel free to take any public information and codes offered on the forums or blogs or twitch.tv broadcasts and share them with other people who aren't as informed as you. There's no rule that I know of against sharing public codes in game with the other players... me personally if they don't want to put in the efforts to be informed or to join a clan where the clan leaders/members keep everyone else informed then that's on them. So yes some people do have advantages/benifits here but usually by the choices they make to be informed, contribute to development and/or to support the game.
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

The trouble with these selective give aways especially when they' go to already large clans is that the smaller clans loose out through no fault of their own.
    These larger clans already have a knowledgeable membership and don't necessarily need free give aways as they already get a huge amount of gear and pass it around to others within the clan who don't have it.