+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Colony Courtship was bad, Event Horizon is worse

I'm not talking the broken jackpots or the usual lag and disappearing enemies/barriers, it's the "balancing".

I read elsewhere players (PLAYERS!) got the enemies "buffed". No mere bullet sponges as usual, they're dealing 2-3x as much damage, maybe 5x in the case of Feeders. I know what my character can take, what type of damage Threat Level 11 does to my 33,784 capacity shield. During Armistice Feeders hitting me directly took about 25% of my shield. Now they take ALL of it. I could take three hits from Hulkers a day ago, now a bug is nearly one-shotting me.

Give out the correct jackpots, sure, but make enemies consistent. We're talking GAME MECHANICS, things we learn to know how to play. I know you're happy letting us live with the broken Threat Levels in Silicon Valley, the fact that EGO Scaling doesn't work (in addition to being one of the worst game concepts of all time), but this is ridiculous.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Just used my 3000 EGO Patron to do thgeir dailies, was one-shotted 4 times in 30 seconds at Event Horizon.

At the same Major my 33K shield was taken out by a Mongrel and was nearly dead after 2 hits.

To be honest i don't care if i die in one hit. What gets me is there is a very good chance u will not be re-spawned when you die. That for me is the kicker.

So before they up the death level they need to take into account the lag level and the re-spawning level. AS you said balance

They have to nerf the enemy syphon. You can stay alive with a syphon br and regen shield but as soon as you get knocked back or have to pick up ammo it's over.
    "ALL MY BITS AND NO WIN A JP"

Need fix DMG on enemy and decrease DMG RAD from Shreeder. I think Shreeder this time be syphon

After two Event Horizon battles, I had enough. Standing at the edge of the red circle and hoping my rifle will reach the enemy, while praying they do not touch me, is not my idea of a fair fight. I spent several hours in the Thorn Liro instead of my regular (and much preferred) collection of nanite event weaponry. I have no idea if the Ether synergy weaponry is worth having because I am nearly unable to battle and acquire it. Some of my clan's best and brightest were clustered together like starving children in winter, hoping to stay alive while the enemies rushed down upon them. I will remain in the arenas until this issue is addressed. A shrill feeder should not kill me in one strike. I enjoy a challenge but this is absurd.

I'm glad to see tougher enemies outside of expos... I don't have a named shield, and I don't like having to extract, but making the adjustments to survive is a fun challenge... and as the week progresses, I'm sure the lag will improve... it has improved over day one already... please don't nerf the event, its fun as is

Quote Originally Posted by Shtank View Post
    I'm glad to see tougher enemies outside of expos... I don't have a named shield, and I don't like having to extract, but making the adjustments to survive is a fun challenge... and as the week progresses, I'm sure the lag will improve... it has improved over day one already... please don't nerf the event, its fun as is
    The lag will improve because there will be fewer player there. Have fun driving from the extraction point to the arkfall over and over.
    "ALL MY BITS AND NO WIN A JP"

Sorry Shtank if your idea of fun is breaking the mechanics. It's a videogame, where you learn in situation A enemy X causes Y damage. You can't then have situation B where X does Z damage. The horrendous Expeditions get around this by not using Threat Levels. Still doesn't make them fair but from a mechanics perspective they can finagle around it.

It's already bad enough that Threat Level 3 everywhere else on the map is one thig but in Silicon Valley it's the same as Threat Level 8. But says 3 on the screen.

And I'm not getting killed by snipers, everything is doing ridiculous damage.

Nerf? Making things consistent is NOT nerfing.

Quote Originally Posted by clubside View Post
    Nerf? Making things consistent is NOT nerfing.
    Amen... well said.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.