+ Reply to Thread

Weird Errors in Event Horizon Majors

There's tough, there's unplayable and there's just plain weird-

There were a couple of Event Horizon majors going on at the same time, the one I went to was in Silicon Valley.
    It started normal (if you can call EH normal) at a Threat Level of 10.
    Somewhere towards the middle it really got weird.
    • As has been the case so far, there was a ridiculous amount of enemies spawning.
    • Ammo spikes were being instantly targeted and destroyed by non-engaged enemies.
    • Forges were pursuing me outside of the red zone into other emergencies, they normally retreat at some point but these didnt.
    • While being pursued relentlessly across the map by no less than 15 bulwarks I noticed that the threat level only showed as 5. The screenshot even shows the bulwarks as veteran.
    • As soon as they killed me by all firing at once, (joined by a half dozen feeders to make sure I was dead), the TL went back to 10.
    • They then kept pounding me for the entire time I was down. Normally they turn to find other targets. And there was no way I was going to self revive and immediately lose another 2k in points and what would be the point of extracting right away; better to go afk than to take this beating.
    This weird AI behavior is too extreme for any player and its not any fun.
    Pursued by mob shows TL 5- http://i.imgur.com/azqLW9G.jpg

Relentless pounding shows TL 10- http://i.imgur.com/nwlThXQm.jpg

I feel your frustration

I have personally experienced exactly what Darkness is talking about.

Not to mention that when you have to extract at this point in the fight your return is met with just as much opposition.

Which prevents you from returning to where you were, as if they remembered you and were waiting.

That, and the setting up of defence at the access to the play field, and being targeted by multiple enemies, even from across the other side of the play field. Who knew the feeders could spit that far?

Anyway not really enjoyable.
    I cannot fight a psychic enemy! How else do they know to move aside just as I pull my sniper rifles trigger, even when I am cloaked.

If all the money and all the hours spent by all the gamers playing all the games, was put to a better use then the world would be a boring place.

The Defiant Prayer: Defiance give me the guns I need, To kill the things I can, To kill the things I cant, and the guns so there is no difference

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post

There were a couple of Event Horizon majors going on at the same time, the one I went to was in Silicon Valley.
    • As has been the case so far, there was a ridiculous amount of enemies spawning.
    • Ammo spikes were being instantly targeted and destroyed by non-engaged enemies.
    • Forges were pursuing me outside of the red zone into other emergencies, they normally retreat at some point but these didnt.
    • While being pursued relentlessly across the map by no less than 15 bulwarks I noticed that the threat level only showed as 5. The screenshot even shows the bulwarks as veteran.
    • As soon as they killed me by all firing at once, (joined by a half dozen feeders to make sure I was dead), the TL went back to 10.
    • They then kept pounding me for the entire time I was down. Normally they turn to find other targets. And there was no way I was going to self revive and immediately lose another 2k in points and what would be the point of extracting right away; better to go afk than to take this beating.

now can you imagine on ps3eu with a low player base how ridiculous this is.should never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.

Yeah.
    And I couldn't figure out how the badguys knew where you were thru cover and concealment.
    I couldn't stand the part where I was getting killed by badguys I never even saw on my screen.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I expect there wasn't enough of you to be killing them off faster than or as fast as they can spawn also isn't sv mjrs supposed to be tl10 or 11.
    I forget but it just sounds like the majority of the players were at the other one which is why you struggled at first.