+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lag lag lag and a whole lot more

Lag has gotten even worse since patch. It takes a miracle to swap weapons. Get out of your vehicle. Open your menu Lord help you not to dc. Fast travel.

Right now I'm standing at a vendor trying to sell scrap back. And it takes over a minute per item to clear.

I know is not just me having these issues.
    PS3-NA Clan; 187 syndicate
    ARTTY FURGUSON, ULIKEIGYA, PRESS TRIANGLE, JACKY BROWN

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    I want to know why the scenery keeps disappearing at sieges, arkfalls, etc, or even while just running around.
    It drops out right down to the base underling layer of the ground contours.
    The server still knows the stuff is there, because I run into invisible obstructions, but, seriously, WTactualF?

I'd kind of expected right about now that after all these years of experience with the program that the devs would have figured out how to at least keep the WORLD in existance, or as least in sight.

ETA: And I'm disconnecting back to 'toon log in when accessing inv now, too.

This is pathetic.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Yep, its the norm these days. They say they dont want anyone camping but the best way to get a major done is to take a few shots and go hide out, hoping your lack of movement will let you stay connected till the scoreboard comes up.
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Krayola Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by keptman View Post
    Lag has gotten even worse since patch. It takes a miracle to swap weapons. Get out of your vehicle. Open your menu Lord help you not to dc. Fast travel.

Right now I'm standing at a vendor trying to sell scrap back. And it takes over a minute per item to clear.

I know is not just me having these issues.
    this makes weapon modding real fun,it's like using rotary dial phone all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    Yep, its the norm these days. They say they dont want anyone camping but the best way to get a major done is to take a few shots and go hide out, hoping your lack of movement will let you stay connected till the scoreboard comes up.
    Pc has these issues?

Oh well I guess you don't have it that good after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    Exactly this^^

Yup, so far I do anyway. Majority of the arkfalls now I can't see anything. No players (that's normal, I know), no mobs, and the usual ark fall debris around. Had to whip out the BMG to heal to try and get some points. 1 minute later, points go from 0 to 5k. Another minute later it's sitting at 20k and my char is doing the wild conga dance, shaking the BMG endlessly in the air trying to reload.

Died a few times; don't know from what or even when. Just standing one minute and dead the next. And Gaige12 is right. That's one reason why I tend to tag and run out too when the connection gets really bad.

I love it when peeps complain about people complaining. Its like we should just accept it and shut up.

If you extract at a arkfall there's a 50=50 chance you anit coming back that's just not acceptable. And i will forever complain about it. Its my right as a patron pass holder. I pay a subcripton to moan

Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    I love it when peeps complain about people complaining. Its like we should just accept it and shut up.

If you extract at a arkfall there's a 50=50 chance you anit coming back that's just not acceptable. And i will forever complain about it. Its my right as a patron pass holder. I pay a subcripton to moan
    Sorry to say this but you've got it reasonably good.
    In the first months of this game being released getting a critical up to about 6 times per arkfall was common and they didn't have it so that your score continued from where you critted as you had to start scoring all over again.
    I personally would crit anywhere between 6 to 10 times per arkfall because there was a screw up in the remapping of my controller so I had to remap my controls every time I wanted to drive a vehicle and back then just opening your menu during a af could make you crit or hard freeze.

Yes you've got it rough but it's nothing near what it used to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    Sorry to say this but you've got it reasonably good.
    In the first months of this game being released getting a critical up to about 6 times per arkfall was common and they didn't have it so that your score continued from where you critted as you had to start scoring all over again.
    I personally would crit anywhere between 6 to 10 times per arkfall because there was a screw up in the remapping of my controller so I had to remap my controls every time I wanted to drive a vehicle and back then just opening your menu during a af could make you crit or hard freeze.

Yes you've got it rough but it's nothing near what it used to be like.
    ---
    If anything considering the errors in game it shows how good the game is. Seeming we all still around and willing to PAY into a broken game....Just think how good this game could have been.

But i do think the last orders have been called. No new content, Old content never been repaired, Jps given out like donuts ( be it low grade ones) No port to next gen - final kicker

But it is the best game i have played on the ps3 ever by some distance. I could live with glitches if it didn't involve re-setting console twice an hour

But i am glad i did'nt have to put up with the mayhem you described