+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Silent nerf: Supreming failures

Lately, I've become very disappointed in defiance as a game because of supreme failures. I pay for patron and get a lot of weekly forge as one of the major perks. However in the last 2 months, I have easily spent 7k forge attempting to supreme weapons and shields with 0 success rate.

This is compared to a few months ago where I was able to supreme 3-4 weapons/shields using the same amount of forge.

In talking to other players, several of them have mentioned that the supreme success rates have been drastically dropped either through a defect or intentionally.

It makes me want to give up playing this old and tired game because my hard work and payments to get forge literally get erased every time a supreme attempt fails. It's a completely disappointing experience where you get nothing for your effort or money and feels at odds with the rest of the gameplay where you get some form of reward (no matter how small) for bitboxes or grinding.

As it is currently, I feel like Trion is cheating me everytime I spend forge to attempt a supreme and nothing happens. No other game has made me feel so frustrated and angry with a feature they've introduced. It literally wastes my time and money everytime it fails and leaves me feeling very negatively towards the game and its development team.

My suggestion: Trion should change supreme forge costs to either a lower fixed amount, or some add form of cumulative karma based on forge spent. I don't think it's fair that a player can spend over 3k forge on a single item and not have it get turned supreme automatically. As the feature is currently implemented with the nerfed rate, it's hugely demotivating to players and it makes me question why I'm even paying for patron or grinding for forge.

Well what do you expect when everyone comes on here saying that they have the best success between 5 and 20%.

When you think about it that's quite good odds plus they did say ages ago that they'd monitor the amount of supremes coming into the game and adjust it as necessary.

Quite frankly, I agree. I did a study on my own rates of success and have come to the conclusion that I will spend approximately 35% LESS AF if I hold for the 2840 AF needed for a 100% rate on supreming.

Think about it. 320 AF for a 25% chance. If you do this 9 tries that equals 2880, which is over the 100% cost. Now, all of you ask yourselves how many times you've tried more than 8 times to supreme a weapon?

Evolution or Extinction

Quote Originally Posted by Ryim View Post
    Quite frankly, I agree. I did a study on my own rates of success and have come to the conclusion that I will spend approximately 35% LESS AF if I hold for the 2840 AF needed for a 100% rate on supreming.

Think about it. 320 AF for a 15% chance. If you do this 9 tries that equals 2880, which is over the 100% cost. Now, all of you ask yourselves how many times you've tried more than 8 times to supreme a weapon?
    I've no idea where you're getting your prices from but 15% has always cost 210 AF for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasin View Post
    I've no idea where you're getting your prices from but 15% has always cost 210 AF for me.
    25%. Was a Typo. Not enough coffee. Fixed.

Evolution or Extinction

It just makes more sense to wait and do the 100%. Everything else is a gamble..and everyone knows the sorrows of gambling lol

Clan Founder, PC/NA
    Voices of Defiance Podcast

I premed my untradeable infinite beyond 3 days ago with 15% with my first try lol thats my lucky number i premed a bunch of stuff with 15%

At 25 percent it usually takes me about 3 to 5 tries to supreme a weapon. Every now and then I will get a stubborn one though. Now if you combine all the rolls you may try to get though, (mastery roll, changing one of the tier rolls etc), you can spend a lot of forge. Basically, I hope they didn't nerf it, for there's more we do to weapons then just supreme them.

I just woke up and I was about to write supreming but thought that isn't a word. Well, it is and it means.. a technique that removes the membrane from citrus fruit so it can be served in slices. ya, I just looked it up is how I know that now.

At least for me i dont see any drop in success in trying to preme anything. I have good luck between 10 and 25%.

What i do think they tweaked are mastery rolls. 5 out of the last 6 guns ive mastered all got 25%crit when crouched. No way rng can roll that that many times in so few chances. Trying to remaster them beings the same results as i get duplicate junk masteries every 2 or 3 tries.

100% works every time, hope that helps.