+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Part 3 will need more testing for me to confirm it is working (I may need to time high hp enemy kills*), but part 4 seems to work nicely.
    [3] +15% Damage, seems to work. You can see it on the weapons card if you add 3 mods to the weapon. Let out the barrel mod (powerbore). Just add stock, magazine and sight. No one of this mods gives damage but the damage goes up and it's ~15%. (but haven't test it on all weapons)

Edit: I've just tested Lethal Contaminate in a arena (TL10) on a bullwark to show how the synergy works (or not). Without Shield, Perks and Rig. I've converted Lethal Contaminate to syphon. Also I've made videos of modding Lethal Contaminate and Mass Extinction to show the [3] 15% damage works on them.

modding Lethal Contamination:
    http://sendvid.com/9tobi0ij

modding Mass Extinction:
    http://sendvid.com/plv4fmcp

Shanje Liro Arena Expert - Syphon Lethal Contamination vs Bullwark:
    (sorry for the lags)
    http://sendvid.com/03sr5rhd

The fire and bio part of the synergy ([4]) works well. Bullwark on fire with "poop shoes".
    You can see how the synergy is breaking plates fast although it's a syphon weapon. Only (original-) bio is faster.
    PC/EU - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Aymee Vibes; Char3: Taja ria; Char4: Meeka; Char5: Therelia; Char6: Ne'nani
    PTS - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Meeka
    PC "Ignatz":
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ - 4 Gb DDR2 - Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 550 2Gb @ 1920x1080

I think I have found the cause of the problem: the 3rd or more likely 4th part of the CN synergy is interfering with the first two parts.

I put only 2 mods (mag and sight) on a CDC Purgatory and the 1st and 2nd parts now work correctly!
    Green text appears with the ammo regen and I see "x6" for the plates as expected:

I don't have enough bits / weapons / mods yet to test with the other weapons, but maybe others can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    With regards to bonus #2 - were you using a Cleaving Corrosion rig or Plate Slicer weapon? Or the Juggernaut, Detachment, or Thick Skinned perks? I'm curious if the problem could be a contention issue since functionally they all can add plates to your shield.
    Good idea! I had no rig equipped (and still don't). I do not have any Plate Slicer weapons on PTS.
    I tested the Volge and turrets again, this time making sure no perks were equipped and got the same results: no ammo regen, no ablative plates. So that should now rule out any contention with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutronenstern View Post
    [3] +15% Damage, seems to work. You can see it on the weapons card if you add 3 mods to the weapon. Let out the barrel mod (powerbore). Just add stock, magazine and sight. No one of this mods gives damage but the damage goes up and it's ~15%. (but haven't test it on all weapons)

Edit: I've just tested Lethal Contaminate in a arena (TL10) on a bullwark to show how the synergy works (or not). Without Shield, Perks and Rig. I've converted Lethal Contaminate to syphon. Also I've made videos of modding Lethal Contaminate and Mass Extinction to show the [3] 15% damage works on them.

modding Lethal Contamination:
    http://sendvid.com/9tobi0ij

modding Mass Extinction:
    http://sendvid.com/plv4fmcp

Shanje Liro Arena Expert - Syphon Lethal Contamination vs Bullwark:
    (sorry for the lags)
    http://sendvid.com/03sr5rhd
    Ah, I didn't know if the card would show the damage increase - that is a great suggestion then! You have done the work already, but I will try to see if I can recreate the tests if I can get the mods. Thanks for the videos too!

The fire and bio part of the synergy ([4]) works well. Bullwark on fire with "poop shoes".
    You can see how the synergy is breaking plates fast although it's a syphon weapon. Only (original-) bio is faster.
    Yes, so far the syn seems very quick at taking out enemies and I like the combination .

same enemies as already show in the game put together in one arkfall although unfortunately these event arkfalls with these mobs do not spawn when there is no event running which would help with pursuits, also that there are not enough arkfalls spawning when there are no events on and the arkfalls in events do not count towards a lot of pursuits. no boss which is also ok, an increase to the scoring cap would be welcome.

as usual there are major arkfalls spawning in sausalito on pts but not in sausalito on live server, only ever one during a whole event, there are 4 major spawn sites in sausalito If there is a perceived lower spawn rate for event major arkfalls this could be a cause of it, especially if the server has set event majors to spawn there and they just don't spawn and That stops other event majors from spawning.
    be mindful of what you ask to be 'fixed'

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    I think I have found the cause of the problem: the 3rd or more likely 4th part of the CN synergy is interfering with the first two parts.

I put only 2 mods (mag and sight) on a CDC Purgatory and the 1st and 2nd parts now work correctly!
    Green text appears with the ammo regen and I see "x6" for the plates as expected:

I don't have enough bits / weapons / mods yet to test with the other weapons, but maybe others can confirm this.
    I've tried the 2 mod method on Organic Torment, Scourge Thrower, Lethal Contaminate, Pandemic and Filth Discharger. And after many rounds of shooting I got the "2% ammo regen" green text and the x6 ablative plates. But only on Pandemic!!! Same weapon typ as in your test. And I'm pretty sure I have broken many plates before this message came. This synergy isn't working correctly. We have a x% Chance of [1]+[2] works on at least one weapon (purgatory). The 3 seconds cooldown shouldn't be the problem...or it's a display issue and it means 30 seconds?

Edit: I've tested again and found out that the synergy is only working on purgatory variants. Here a video of a completely modded pandemic and the working synergy [1]+[2]:
    http://sendvid.com/y59mo7uj

As a reference a Bio converted Lethal Contaminate. The synergy isn't working although I got score-points for plate break. (it can be seen at the score multipliers called "Rüstungsbruch").
    http://sendvid.com/idbjwvx2

I could give you some weapons and mods, I've enough duplicates.

I guess, for this event, I'll go with low expectations. It will probably come live with a broken synergy. Because now is weekend.....
    PC/EU - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Aymee Vibes; Char3: Taja ria; Char4: Meeka; Char5: Therelia; Char6: Ne'nani
    PTS - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Meeka
    PC "Ignatz":
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ - 4 Gb DDR2 - Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 550 2Gb @ 1920x1080

I've tried the 2 mod method on Organic Torment, Scourge Thrower, Lethal Contaminate, Pandemic and Filth Discharger. And after many rounds of shooting I got the "2% ammo regen" green text and the x6 ablative plates. But only on Pandemic!!! Same weapon typ as in your test. And I'm pretty sure I have broken many plates before this message came. This synergy isn't working correctly. We have a x% Chance of [1]+[2] works on at least one weapon (purgatory). The 3 seconds cooldown shouldn't be the problem...or it's a display issue and it means 30 seconds?

Edit: I've tested again and found out that the synergy is only working on purgatory variants. Here a video of a completely modded pandemic and the working synergy [1]+[2]:
    http://sendvid.com/y59mo7uj

As a reference a Bio converted Lethal Contaminate. The synergy isn't working although I got score-points for plate break. (it can be seen at the score multipliers called "Rüstungsbruch").
    http://sendvid.com/idbjwvx2
    What a weird coincidence that it only works for the only weapon I had!

I could give you some weapons and mods, I've enough duplicates.
    Thanks, I’d like to accept the offer! Hopefully we can coordinate our online times.

Someone gave me some fully modded JPs; so it feels wrong, but I could replace the T5 CN mods with random vendor mods, if I have to. I now also have a blue pistol to try and find mods for!

I guess, for this event, I'll go with low expectations. It will probably come live with a broken synergy. Because now is weekend.....

As you say, we only have the weekend and as Outbreak is going live on Monday, then the synergy won’t get fixed until a patch maybe a week later.

Out of interest, I’m also going to watch the live stream again, just to see if the whole synergy was working for Rarnok .

Edit:

More tests with the random drops I’m getting on PTS:

CDC Big Boomer + 1 Mod (mag) = ammo regen works. Also get ammo regen if it's equipped and I run over enemies like hellbugs with my buggy (road kills)!

CDC North Flare Pistol + 2 Mods (Stock + Sight) = No ammo regen or ablative armor, except with road kills.

CDC Nomad SMG + Stock = No ammo regen, including none with road kills.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

The synergy [1] + [2] seems to work with Pandemic, but I think even with Pandemic it works only with the secondary explosions. I'm not 100% sure in it since it's not easy to break armorplates with the first explosion.
    Anyway I hope they will fix this problem soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xellia View Post
    If the spawn rate on PTS is the same as on live then the rate for event arkfalls needs tweeked. Only saw 1 major spawn in over a hour on- nothing else on the map except a incursion in San Fran.
    Typically (from experience) the live server(s), when enough players are online, do have a better spawn rate of event arkfalls.

In future, I think it would be good if the ‘event’ arkfalls could be given a higher priority for spawning on PTS. One could argue the other standard arkfall types do not need to spawn much, if at all (unless somone is testing contract completion or something).

Apparently, when I was on, PTS was feeling like Scrapper Disruption was in vogue :

I have been doing some more testing. Thanks to Neutronenstern for the weapons and mods .
    I may have time to do more, but I think I have got a bit closer to the cause now...

I think it is the weapon’s nano interfering (as well). The synergy parts stop working if any of the 5 nanos are present on the weapon.

Nanoless CDC Mass Cannon + 2 Mods = Ammo regen and armor.
    Rad Nano Mass Extinction (Mass Cannon) + 2 Mods = No ammo regen or armor.

Nanoless CDC Assault Carbine + 2 Mods = Ammo regen and armor.
    Rad Nano CDC Assault Carbine + 2 Mods = No ammo regen or armor.

This explains why the jackpots (apart from Pandemic and maybe Putrefactor (Infector) which seemed to work on the livestream) don't have parts [1] and [2] working correctly, since they all have the Rad nano.

Update:

The four parts of the synergy seem to be working OK on all the nanoless CDC weapons I have tried so far.

Nanoless CDC Pistol = all four parts work OK.
    Fire Nano CDC Pistol = No ammo regen or armor.

Nanoless CDC SMG = all four parts work OK.
    Elec Nano CDC SMG = No ammo regen or armor.

Update 2:

I tested fully modded Bio and Syphon with the same result; so it would seem having any nano prevents parts [1] and [2] from working. The exceptions being: Purgatory/Pandemice (presumably because this has been recently updated) and the infector.

PS:

Just out of interest, I checked the damage increase for part [3] and it was on average 14.28% .

There may be other factors at play here (nanos or tier bonuses or something). In any case, the damage increase is fairly close to 15%.

To summarize for any devs etc out there, who hopefully are keeping tabs on this thread:

1) Any nano on the CDC weapons seems to prevent [1] and [2] from triggering at all*.
    Perhaps the weapons are not able to cope with the combination of different nano effects without some tweaking?
    The only exceptions seem to be the Purgatory detonator weapon base and infectors.

2) There are (still) no infector mods dropping, so it is impossible to test the infectors.

3) Please may we/I have some more bits on PTS?

Will the fix/patch for the above go straight to live or will it go on PTS to let us confirm the efficacy of the fix?

* Weapons tested: pistols, SMGs, ARs, mass cannons, manual detonators (boomers / Scourge Thrower) and auto cluster detonators (Purgatory / Pandemic). Elementals tested: nano less, bio, elec, fire, rad and syphon nanos.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

10.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #60
    Thanks for all of the testing done on both the event and the synergy. We have found and fixed the issue causing the [1]/[2] portions of the synergy from triggering properly. We have also fixed the issue with the missing infector mods.