+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much real money must I spend to get a solid experience with Defiance

i'm willing to spend $50 or less. is it possible to have 100+ hours of solid fun while spending $50 at most?

You don't feel dumped upon from a great height as it is without paying more for it.

Sorry if I've misconstrued your meaning.

Edit. I guess the best way to get the greatest experience from Defiance is to play on pc with a good wired and Internet provider.

i have a good PC and a good ISP and low latency.

Is this a trick question?

I'd say you could spend 0$ & get a solid experience.

What's your definition of a solid experience?
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

about as much fun as Borderlands. where i can stand a chance against the games toughest bosses and have fun in the largest scale events Defiance has to offer.

Your on the PC so 50$ would do although 0$ will still provide all the fun you seek. This would probably be what you should purchase with your 50$ for the best value.

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/...smelt-faces-2/

If the above don't interest you then I would use that 50$ to buy patron passes.

What will really help you the most to get the best experience out of the game would be to join a large active clan and/or have a large friends list.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor View Post
    about as much fun as Borderlands. where i can stand a chance against the games toughest bosses and have fun in the largest scale events Defiance has to offer.
    I think you can do it for $50. I'd suggest getting a 1 month patron pass and then spending the rest on increasing your inventory capacity. The patron pass will give you perks that will make it easier to level, along with an allowance of Ark forge and other currencies that you'll need to mod and level weapons. The default number of inventory slots are no where near enough when you start collecting weapons and mods from events.

Obviously, the patron pass will only last one month, but that should be enough time to figure out if you like the game enough to continue.

if you were gonna drop a $50/5200 bits you could go two ways.

buy a patron pass first next monday may 1st thats when the new event starts,
    (you get a discount on most other things in the store after you have a patron pass)
    (you also get karma each major arkall you go to so after about 60ish you will get a jackpot weapon)
    then buy 25 key code upgrade and dump the rest into inventory slot purchases.

or

get the 30 day patron pass and the gold edition DLC pack.

personally id do the first option, the guns in the new events are so much more powerfull than the older content stuff.
    try to join a clan (you get clan perks) and ask for some script to buy a car, they have a vendor in one of the towns most people will help you out.
    if you find yourself hooked to defiance go for the gold pack later to check out all the other stuff.
    have fun.
    PC/NA
    IGN: -ratpie

CRKT Crawford/Kasper

you can get the collector's edition off ebay for less than $5 which has more inventory.
    you may regret throwing away stuff you realize important later.

Quote Originally Posted by Verga DeFuego View Post
    I think you can do it for $50. I'd suggest getting a 1 month patron pass and then spending the rest on increasing your inventory capacity. The patron pass will give you perks that will make it easier to level, along with an allowance of Ark forge and other currencies that you'll need to mod and level weapons. The default number of inventory slots are no where near enough when you start collecting weapons and mods from events.

Obviously, the patron pass will only last one month, but that should be enough time to figure out if you like the game enough to continue.
    What I would recommend to
    PS3 NA
    PSN:mckllrx IGN:mckllrx
    CLAN:187 SYNDICATE
    My shop wts/wtb/free