+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Majors lasting too long

I recently came back and started to play on PC ( played day 1 on ps3 for years ) some of the normal monsters/enemys just have so much HP, it's a bit odd. Maybe because I had to start over and very low EGO and bad weapons.

It does seem like it takes quite a while, I'm really surprised by how much has changed from a couple years ago. The game was so amazing back then.

The whole "people will complain it's to easy" argument seems a bit ignorant. It's obvious that somewhere out there someone would say that but far more people find it taking to long. Seems like they could lower the HP by 25ish % or something and it would be just fine.

2.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusVII View Post
    I recently came back and started to play on PC ( played day 1 on ps3 for years ) some of the normal monsters/enemys just have so much HP, it's a bit odd. Maybe because I had to start over and very low EGO and bad weapons.

It does seem like it takes quite a while, I'm really surprised by how much has changed from a couple years ago. The game was so amazing back then.

The whole "people will complain it's to easy" argument seems a bit ignorant. It's obvious that somewhere out there someone would say that but far more people find it taking to long. Seems like they could lower the HP by 25ish % or something and it would be just fine.
    The enemies scale in difficulty based on how many players are around. In some cases the scaling may not be optimal in a given situation. We can adjust the HP down if it is problematic. Please hang in there, the team is looking into this now. If it looks like a change is needed we'll get word out ASAP.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager/Bulldog

Read our forum standards before posting

Looking for help? Contact our support team!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The enemies scale in difficulty based on how many players are around. In some cases the scaling may not be optimal in a given situation. We can adjust the HP down if it is problematic. Please hang in there, the team is looking into this now. If it looks like a change is needed we'll get word out ASAP.
    The problem with scaling based on the amount of players is when 70% of them are afk healing with bmgs or using infectors. If it werent for the try-hards dealing mass damage, events would always fail from timing out.

We've been telling Trion for years now to go back to damage based scoring or cut the heal score to 10% of what it is now. If bmg heal farmers get 30k score and see the rest of the players getting 100k+, they for sure would start helping with the damage needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crack View Post
    The problem with scaling based on the amount of players is when 70% of them are afk healing with bmgs or using infectors. If it werent for the try-hards dealing mass damage, events would always fail from timing out.

We've been telling Trion for years now to go back to damage based scoring or cut the heal score to 10% of what it is now. If bmg heal farmers get 30k score and see the rest of the players getting 100k+, they for sure would start helping with the damage needed.
    Yes please.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

I agree, but maybe 10% is a bit excessive.Some players like to play the healer role, don't punish them for that.The main problem with the score system nowadays is that it sends false information to new ( or sometimes older ) players, who think high score = big damage/big contribution. You wouldn't believe how many times i had to explain it. It is escpecially apparent in wm fights.
    Of course bmgs farmers as you call them, know exactly what they're doing.
    Please bring the damage leaderboard back in some way or another, devs.
    Xbox EU

GT: xXXx Mr B xXXx
    IGN: Radamanthe Nemes

Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    ----
    I hope they read this post. ^^^

well written.
    We've been telling them that for well over a year now, but I suppose if it gets repeated enough some action may be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    We've been telling them that for well over a year now, but I suppose if it gets repeated enough some action may be taken.
    you never know. Miracles have been known to happen.

longer it takes, a lot more time for people to join, more lag.
    i think they need to step away from just doing arkfalls.
    we paid for arkbreaker dlc, being able to call down an some kind of event arkfall major should be a perk.
    it also has filters for public, clan and group join.
    i think DLCs should have event related material since we did pay for them. like replay dlc missions except replaced with event enemies, a way to fast-track event goals/earn karma.

this exactly... I refuse to judge based on weapon choice when there's a very strong percentage of 'players' around that are idle multi-tooners... enemy scaling seems like the way to go, except for the built in rewards for dragging 6 idle, useless alts to every major... eliminate their incentive and the scaling system works

The arkfalls are taking longer because the population has dropped significantly. Its not afc players, its not bmg farmers, it because no ones on!!! In the past, after a mjr you could see 300+ players purple dots res. Now after mjrs I see maybe 30 purple dots. Almost all of my friends have moved to the xbox one or quit, those that do still play have stopped playing daily due to event burn out. I myself dont see the need to play as often either.

who needs a new gun to kill the same old enemies!!!

Do the community a favor and stop pointing the finger at other players. Get more developers!!! Get them back to working, making stuff that matters!!! fix the broken stuff!! make new content!!! And give us inventory management tools like weve been asking for since the game came out!! Players will always complain about not getting a jp.....

+ Reply to Thread