+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by AfghanVet13B View Post
    These forums have become very dismal in that so many just vent their frustration for the game Defiance here.
    You are correct!
    As well as towards each other if you're not of hive mind.
    "One of us! One of us!" You will be assimilated.
    Hissssssss~

I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Welcome to Defiance:

..And I'm off, excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Ive played hundreds of online games in my lifetime and Defiance is the only game I have played that has lag as a feature lol! If I am lagging somehow it is always due to my router or inclement weather nothing else ever! Except on Defiance....
    THIS. I've played a couple of online games only but I can assure you all that Defiance is the only game that really lags so bad AND disconnects me (and others/my friends a lot). Even when I'm just standing in-game I would be suddenly lagged out. I remember one time playing Hulker Hell and I seriously cant play more than a minute that it isnt lagging. But based from from the previous posts I've read I definitely agree that the reason can be the overpopulation in the servers and it affects the gameplay terribly even though its an mmorpg where ALL players can "easily" gather in a single place thru jumping different phases, it may cause the worse lag in game history lol. Seriously though Defiance can be one of best f2p mmorpg if this can be at least try to be fixed, I'm sure there has be a way to fix this and improve the game..
    "Allow me to shatter your delusions of grandeur."

EGO 6000 || Clan: The Disciples of Mayhem || PS3-NA

So I'd like to add an update to my earlier post:
    Someone suggested on the Steam forums that I not use the Steam portal but go directly through Glyph... I have to admit reading that was a facepalm moment as that was the only thing I hadn't tried so far. A touch of anticipatory excitement.. especially when the dl (yes I did a complete secondary install on a different SSD (both same I/O R/W and even manufacture and size) so I could compare the two Glyph vs Steam .. perhaps the steam portal dl is corrupted?? At least I was willing to allow for that possibility). My excitement increased when instead of a 2 hour download/install it was... 4 minutes. Okay that is a really good sign... perhaps we are looking at a steam portal issue (which again would be a fault on Trion's part but hey at least it is narrowing down what the problem could be).

Go to login... nice and snappy like it should be on this rig/connection.

Then ultra sad face.... EXACT same character selection screen without any option to actually play the game.

So... perhaps the lag would be better using the Glyph portal instead of the Steam portal (certainly have seen that correct the issue with other games) but I can't say as I still can't even get in the game. Refund vs play I'd much rather play the game but...

Quote Originally Posted by Zowyn View Post
    Someone suggested on the Steam forums that I not use the Steam portal but go directly through Glyph... I have to admit reading that was a facepalm moment as that was the only thing I hadn't tried so far. A touch of anticipatory excitement.. especially when the dl (yes I did a complete secondary install on a different SSD (both same I/O R/W and even manufacture and size) so I could compare the two Glyph vs Steam .. perhaps the steam portal dl is corrupted?? At least I was willing to allow for that possibility). My excitement increased when instead of a 2 hour download/install it was... 4 minutes. Okay that is a really good sign... perhaps we are looking at a steam portal issue (which again would be a fault on Trion's part but hey at least it is narrowing down what the problem could be).

Then ultra sad face.... EXACT same character selection screen without any option to actually play the game.

So... perhaps the lag would be better using the Glyph portal instead of the Steam portal (certainly have seen that correct the issue with other games) but I can't say as I still can't even get in the game. Refund vs play I'd much rather play the game but...
    I have tried both and have better luck with the glyph portal, now days I just use steam to verify files if I run into a problem with a game like Defiance because sometimes files can get corrupted break things.

but other games aren't this laggy are they? especially in defiance pvp
    be mindful of what you ask to be 'fixed'

Quote Originally Posted by Zowyn View Post

glyph or steam wont make a difference unless there's something from Steam interfering with defiance ofc, since both are just launchers for the exact same set of binaries and assets (you could even extract Defaiance from Steam and add it to glyph and it'll work)
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

as for topic, there's some network related lag for sure - but again, i think its on trion's end just because servers could handle only so much outgoing data, and with all the overpopulation and ppl flocking to the very same final... well, its just bad. and if trion adds the hard cap on OW servers, you guys will be even more pissed than now with all the lags.
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

Lag (or network latency) is not an issue with this game so it doesn't matter.

The issue is a combination of buggy client code that leaks memory, buggy server code that can't process all of the client requests in a timely manner, and the amount of data that is swapped back and forth between them the longer someone has been logged on.

Also, bandwidth is never the problem with gaming unless other people on your network are using it all so it doesn't matter if you have a 10MB or a 1GB connection.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Lag (or network latency) is not an issue with this game so it doesn't matter.

The issue is a combination of buggy client code that leaks memory, buggy server code that can't process all of the client requests in a timely manner, and the amount of data that is swapped back and forth between them the longer someone has been logged on.

Also, bandwidth is never the problem with gaming unless other people on your network are using it all so it doesn't matter if you have a 10MB or a 1GB connection.
    --
    So lets be clear with what your saying , So it dosen't matter how fast your connection is...........or how much you use a vpn to stop your isp strangling your speed..........because of the coding we are all in the same boat........dealing with the same amount of lag

is that correct? I'm not good with this side of gaming and i'm being genuine in asking this.

Trion is limiting the bandwidth each person can have so no one person can a super powered can blow up Trion's server
    http://i.imgur.com/rqP0Qx6.png
    PC NA PVP GOD
    Main game now > Playerunknown's Battleground
    "It's not the weapon that's overpowered, it's how you use it that makes it overpowered"