+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Release the PvP rewards patch already. I'm tired of seeing this

bots, bots everywhere
    http://i.imgur.com/rqP0Qx6.png
    PC NA PVP GOD
    Royalty Tier Player @H1Z1 AU
    "It's not the weapon that's overpowered, it's how you use it that makes it overpowered"

The best solution for this would be for trion to just remove the ability to have multiple accounts loaded onto one computer but you know PC players got to farm 50+ jps per event... Otherwise it would be contradictory for them to change pvp rewards and not event rewards as well.

Defiance is the only game I've ever played that you get rewarded the same as someone else who is literally doing nothing. If they are going to be so concerned about someone afking in pvp they need to look at what the real issue is. And that is

1. The rewards are poor
    2. Effort and no effort gives the same rewards

yes they really need to update pvp. it isnt this bad on ps3 na. but it happens

All this does is demonstrate that they need to stop wasting what little resources they have on fixing PvP.

People are far too honest to cheat the system.

kinda doesn't matter as not enough pvp because of the issues in pvp and the lack of rewards, when the events were only 3-4 a year, whenever they came around pvp died on its face, now we have events all year round, how long they can keep that up, who knows, i figure until we stop voting with our arkforge and putting it into event weapons and they recognise that, which wont happen, anyway noone does pvp because thoughs rewards are not available in pvp, if you could earn the event jackpots in pvp, you would have more pvp players, or maybe pvp afk'rs which would give a reason to sort that out, but as the devs state in the last live stream they wont be doing anything with pvp because the player base isnt there to do pvp But the problem is the players don't pvp because of the lack of reward + the huge lag/latency problem which will also never be fix because there isnt a player base, that there could be if some things were fix or players had a reason to pvp. which also feeds into not needing to grind pvp weapons in pve or upgrade them, losing arkfoge spending for defiance.
    be mindful of what you ask to be 'fixed'

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    kinda doesn't matter as not enough pvp because of the issues in pvp and the lack of rewards, when the events were only 3-4 a year, whenever they came around pvp died on its face, now we have events all year round, how long they can keep that up, who knows, i figure until we stop voting with our arkforge and putting it into event weapons and they recognise that, which wont happen, anyway noone does pvp because thoughs rewards are not available in pvp, if you could earn the event jackpots in pvp, you would have more pvp players, or maybe pvp afk'rs which would give a reason to sort that out, but as the devs state in the last live stream they wont be doing anything with pvp because the player base isnt there to do pvp But the problem is the players don't pvp because of the lack of reward + the huge lag/latency problem which will also never be fix because there isnt a player base, that there could be if some things were fix or players had a reason to pvp. which also feeds into not needing to grind pvp weapons in pve or upgrade them, losing arkfoge spending for defiance.
    in the last live stream . they said they would be doing something about snipers in pvp. and they also said they had plans floating around about turning traz into a pvp map. once it was done

snipers have always been a 'problem' in pvp, the thing is players will use the lowest common denominator to get the job done, whatever works basically, it's also an upshot of the pvp changes that they did make (which fixed nothing btw) to have body shots do less damage and crit shots do more, this just amplified the pre existing problem, but if snipers are fixed players will just move on to the next best thing, one way may have been to introduce set weapon type matches, but even then it still wont work and you'd probably subdivide an already small player base. i considered standard, advanced, expert matches, but this may also not work. for me it's the lag/latency that makes it so there is no point in me even going into the pvp and having any of the further problems. as i said it does stop me from having to grind for pvp gear, which is a nice break but does mean there is a whole chunk of the game that I and many others are missing out on and I like the pvp. So esentially having no/less rewards May stop/lessen the alts/afk in pvp thing, but we'll be back to matches not starting due to not enough players doing pvp.

NOLA ♫ In my frigidaire, behind the mayo, way in the back, see you tonite for a midnight .. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    May stop/lessen the alts/afk in pvp thing, but we'll be back to matches not starting due to not enough players doing pvp.
    Hmm, decisions.. decisions..
    Not starting matches or playing in matches that are widely more bots/afkers than actual players playing. Often even all bots.
    Can't say I really see the difference there in that comparison.
    I suppose you'd gain some self-benefit if you are running the bots yourself and you go into the match, you could kill yourself (alts) a couple of times and boost a bit, if you enjoy playing with yourself (..wait that came off wrong). :O
    If PVP is dead, it's dead. Unless they decide to add some kind of excitement to it and it runs smoothly.
    Otherwise, R.I.P PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx
    Sometimes.. I post in threads. Moments later.. those threads get nuked out of existence because I've spoken too much truth.
    This forum/game really isn't good for some people. ^_^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

problem with that is that if pvp is dead and treated as such there goes 1 of the 3 only end game events in the game, pvp, warmaster and expeditions and warmaster is long dead and broken and not worth it so unless they want to fix that and add a few things to it, expeditions are going the same way, the rewards and synergy need updating otherwise it has just become a huge launching platform and timegate incentive for cyberrig crate sales. event arkfalls could be considered some sort of end game if every time they were remotly difficult they get nerfd.