+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    pvp isnt dead on ps3 na

Once Upon a Time

Years ago PvP used to be fun and very useful for lvling up while learning how to play better. It was in fact beneficial to all players that played it. There's nothing like going head to head with other players.

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat can only make you a better player in time, if you stick with it and pay your dues.

But now days PvP has been replaced by BvB (bot versus bot) What a shame as if it wasn't bad enough with the occasional hack/cheaters.

The best times I ever had in PvP were when everyone had the same weapons to choose from for their loadout. It was a level playing field where everyone had the same chance and only Skill mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    The best solution for this would be for trion to just remove the ability to have multiple accounts loaded onto one computer but you know PC players got to farm 50+ jps per event... Otherwise it would be contradictory for them to change pvp rewards and not event rewards as well.

Defiance is the only game I've ever played that you get rewarded the same as someone else who is literally doing nothing. If they are going to be so concerned about someone afking in pvp they need to look at what the real issue is. And that is

1. The rewards are poor
    2. Effort and no effort gives the same rewards
    Very very bad horrible idea, if there are 1 pc and 3 brothers like the game so they play only 1 account!!! no, 1 pc and 50 account is good to all also is better for Trion sell more

Or, how to play in Lan house or cyber cafe - is public place to pay for using internet so there are hundreds of people using same pc same ip same place per one day, and this is a place in Brazil to make competitions and play with big team of friends that they don't have pc game in home

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Very very bad horrible idea, if there are 1 pc and 3 brothers like the game so they play only 1 account!!! no, 1 pc and 50 account is good to all also is better for Trion sell more

Or, how to play in Lan house or cyber cafe - is public place to pay for using internet so there are hundreds of people using same pc same ip same place per one day, and this is a place in Brazil to make competitions and play with big team of friends that they don't have pc game in home
    NO SORRY IT's ACTUALLY A GREAT IDEA, no matter how many accounts they have or multi use on a PC, they really aren't spending any cash and in fact thats why they do it for more of a chance to get JPs without buying patron pass.

So lets just get rid of them and the lag they cause and the PvP mess they make

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    event arkfalls could be considered some sort of end game if every time they were remotly difficult they get nerfd.
    cranking up mob stats isnt difficulty. not to mention Final scaling is really fubar, it ramps up too fast and goes ahead of player capabilities. and im not talking alt armies - late night, no farmers, it turns TL10 with 3 or 4 players around and becoming insanely difficult if you cant find a safe spot.
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    The best solution for this would be for trion to just remove the ability to have multiple accounts loaded onto one computer but you know PC players got to farm 50+ jps per event... Otherwise it would be contradictory for them to change pvp rewards and not event rewards as well.

Defiance is the only game I've ever played that you get rewarded the same as someone else who is literally doing nothing. If they are going to be so concerned about someone afking in pvp they need to look at what the real issue is. And that is

1. The rewards are poor
    2. Effort and no effort gives the same rewards
    worst solution really. if you limit it via launcher, people will run it in virtualized environment or in some other way. for example i have 2 rigs and a laptop at hands. and since defiance runs on a toaster, you can grab 3-4 laptops and get away.

and if you limit it via IP, you'll hit just way too many legit players at once - families, public/campus networks, just cheap/stupid ISPs putting their users behind shared NAT.

the only actually working solution is to go P2P again. but for that they'll need to actually work on game - new content, bug fixes, etc... not to mention they'll probably have to port it to PS4/XB1 since x360/ps3 just wont run it.
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

If they did this, it should only affect PC. Alts aren't a problem on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    worst solution really. if you limit it via launcher, people will run it in virtualized environment or in some other way. for example i have 2 rigs and a laptop at hands. and since defiance runs on a toaster, you can grab 3-4 laptops and get away.

and if you limit it via IP, you'll hit just way too many legit players at once - families, public/campus networks, just cheap/stupid ISPs putting their users behind shared NAT.

the only actually working solution is to go P2P again. but for that they'll need to actually work on game - new content, bug fixes, etc... not to mention they'll probably have to port it to PS4/XB1 since x360/ps3 just wont run it.
    I agree, but Trion is never going to put the resources into the game to clean it up so it's pretty much a moot point. Just look at the "Gold Edition" DLC bundle that they slapped together: it should have been called the "Status Quo Edition" because all they did was package up the licenses without doing anything about the broken content.

You all just don't get it !

PvP in Defiance is Terribly Broken and Just a Total Mess and most players stay away from it .!.

I have PvPed since Doom and ran with Quake and Unreal clans that dominated and ruled it all. I can 360 in mid air and stop anywhere mid stream and hit anything I want to hit, never ever run behind me I can spin like a top and one shot ya. No bragging just saying I know my skills and what I can do.

This crap you call PvP in Defiance is a lame boring joke, no skill no moves just glitches and hacks.

sad and just a shame

Quote Originally Posted by OverDoneOne View Post
    You all just don't get it !

PvP in Defiance is Terribly Broken and Just a Total Mess and most players stay away from it .!.

I have PvPed since Doom and ran with Quake and Unreal clans that dominated and ruled it all. I can 360 in mid air and stop anywhere mid stream and hit anything I want to hit, never ever run behind me I can spin like a top and one shot ya. No bragging just saying I know my skills and what I can do.

This crap you call PvP in Defiance is a lame boring joke, no skill no moves just glitches and hacks.

sad and just a shame
    In my 3 years in defiance i have never seen any glitches or hacks in pvp. Maybe you just need to stop calling every good player a hacker. And as you know, there's a lot of lag in defiance especially in pvp. If you see someone floatinf mid-air doesn't mean they're glitching or hacking .