+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If you throw a bio nade at warmaster then keep hitting him with an acid bath he will just stand on the spot until it's time for him to hang from ceiling. Repeat when he lands.
    XBOX EU
    ARK LEGION ELITE CLAN FOUNDER
    CLAN RANK 3600
    GT ARRANHAYLEYEDEN
    IGN ARRAN EGO 5900
    IGN SKUNKZ EGO 6000
    IGN NEW PREADTOR EGO 4800+

XBOX NA
    IGN SKUNKZ EGO 6000

Here's a guide that goes just a little more detail to help kill the wm, it's in the sticky guides up top.
    If anyone is interested you can do more critical dmg by using a Bullseye shield that gives you 10% more crit dmg when your shield is down, it's very handy for when the crystal armour is broken whether you are shooting the arm or back.
    The only problem with using it is you do tend to do quite a bit of dmg with it so the wm will target you a lot so you may go down pretty often if you can't dodge his nade attack.
    Another tip is to roll twice when he drops down off the wall, this will help you get your hud back quicker.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post1470097

The only reason that a WM ark break should end in failure these days is if it is under-manned. Most of the WM's attacks were removed/broken by a patch over 2 years ago so players are much less likely to go down and high DPS/Crit weapons are easily available due to the never-ending parade of events.

These days the guides can be reduced down to:
    • Make sure that you have enough people
    • Don't be an annoying little git by using a BMG or CF

I have done warmaster about 20 times, And each time has been failure, However there has never been more then 5 fighting it.

But to this day i have never seen him defeated in the game, I have seen 2 peeps on you-tube take him down in less then 2 mins

Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    I have done warmaster about 20 times, And each time has been failure, However there has never been more then 5 fighting it.

But to this day i have never seen him defeated in the game, I have seen 2 peeps on you-tube take him down in less then 2 mins
    Hardly anyone does WM anymore because there is no longer any compelling reason to do so. Why go through all of the hassle of the dc/re-login dance trying to get in when the content is broken and Arkbreaker weapons are obsolete due to the plethora of events. The only reason left to do WM is for the pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    The only reason that a WM ark break should end in failure these days is if it is under-manned. Most of the WM's attacks were removed/broken by a patch over 2 years ago so players are much less likely to go down and high DPS/Crit weapons are easily available due to the never-ending parade of events.

These days the guides can be reduced down to:
    • Make sure that you have enough people
    • Don't be an annoying little git by using a BMG or CF
    When they changed the warmaster to always be TL10, they did away with most of his powerful attacks. Watch it at 1080p and you can see the laser and crystals, this was just before they did the changes, when you could solo him easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYviPxQDL3w

P.S. I still think warmaster would be a good expedition boss
    PC/NA

Infinity Eagle 6000

War Bird 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Eagle View Post
    When they changed the warmaster to always be TL10, they did away with most of his powerful attacks. Watch it at 1080p and you can see the laser and crystals, this was just before they did the changes, when you could solo him easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYviPxQDL3w

P.S. I still think warmaster would be a good expedition boss
    It's been broken longer than most of the current players have been playing so they don't even realize that it is broken in the first place. The rule for not picking up a downed player wasn't only about the drop in DPS but the risk of getting downed yourself by one of the attacks.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I agree with what Bentu mentioned earlier about picking people up. Since there is a lot less risk these days you're better off picking people up because most of them will just continue to crawl around until they auto-extract. And since extracting frequently leads to getting disconnected the drop in DPS for taking a few seconds to pick them up is a lot less than if they disconnect and are gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    The main reason you extract rather than wait for a revive is to restore health and shield but mostly to reset your ego power
    ( overcharge mostly but cloak, blur and decoy with the right build) and reload ammo. Im not 100% but it may reset spikes and stims as well.
    Basically this.

Why pick someone up taking a risk for downing yourself as well and the person could still be waiting on their ego powerup to recharge or have low ammo? Potential DPS is better (and faster) to extract.

Also, you would also think it would be easier to go after the back instead of the right arm on console. Using a controller to try and aim at a moving object is harder than aiming at something static at the center axis of the WM. When he's shooting his energy blasts or walking towards a player, the back moves much less than the right arm.
    PC: mda400000/SandM1tch - PC NA
    Roannah - Ego 6000

(Ro-ah-nuh)
    -------
    Clan
    (PC): <CORE> - Member
    (X360):<Moab Desert> - Officer

-------
    Xlive GT: aTastySandMitch - X360 NA
    Roanna - Ego 6000

i think the key thing here is, still doing warmaster? heres why you shouldnt, half the time its simply a bust because he glitches into the wall to where you cant shoot him, winning rarely gets you a legendary, warmaster weapons still cannot be supremed or have their rolls changed, and the weapons in warmaster frankly pale in comparison to everything else in game now, only thing in my opinion that still has use is the zagger. They should just do away with the locks and the timer like they had snowmasters, once the bottom doors are open the warmaster is fighting, and timer removal completely negates all complaints of lock shooting or "dps" related questions as this gives players who stay as much time as needed to kill it, which frankly seeing as beating him doesnt give you a legendary most times would suit the "reward". my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post

Wow, that is some track record!

In my experience (on PC), it only fails about 10% of the time, which is (as r1p mentioned) mostly down to a low number of participants. Alternatively, it has failed when I was with 3-4 sub 2K players who (seemingly) had never done a Warmaster before (the collective DPS was rather low; BMGs and Volge weapons).

This thread reminded me of a short conversation inside the Volge 'thunderdome':

Me: Please don’t shoot the locks.
    Player: Why?
    Me: We are waiting for more players / friends / clan mates.
    Player: Nobody does the Warmaster any more.

I have a group of friends / clan mates that like to do the Warmaster occasionally (one used to do it once a day), mainly for a bit of variety (the same reason I like to intersperse contracts, arenas, coops and expeditions between majors). For me, doing majors all day long is not particularly entertaining .

I like to do the Warmaster sometimes just to see if we can do it as fast as possible – in between events (the 1 week off), with a lot of 6K players, it seems to go very quickly (2 - 3 minutes I think). I have been told (many times) how much more challenging he was…

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Hardly anyone does WM anymore because there is no longer any compelling reason to do so. Why go through all of the hassle of the dc/re-login dance trying to get in when the content is broken and Arkbreaker weapons are obsolete due to the plethora of events. The only reason left to do WM is for the pursuit.
    Perhaps, because the risk of dc is not so high on PC, there are generally more players doing the Warmaster on PC?

Maybe if the Warmaster dropped (for example) Hibernal Barrage weapons and mods (since several of them are essentially Volge weapons) it would get more players?
    “Change is what gives us all hope…hope that the conditions we do not like today will someday change for the better.” - Stephen E. Poe | "New players…bring new ideas to the game world" - TrickDempsey
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    [ Things I'm looking for... ]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    aka Lara Vonash on PC EU, 6K EGO - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination