+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Upcoming: Hot Crazy Summer - Synergy and Weapons

Outbreak ends on monday. We will have two weeks without a new event then Hot Crazy Summer will begin.

edit 1 - Hot Crazy Summer delayed for an extra week
    edit 2 - Outbreak returns for one week on May 29th

Hot Streak synergy

1 - on kill or full reload, 2% ammo regen (cooldown 3 seconds)
    2 - on kill or full reload, 15% fire rate boost for 10 seconds (cooldown 10 seconds)
    3 - 15% damage boost (constant)
    4 - gain 'hot streak' effect for 10 seconds after 3 kills or full reloads within 15 seconds (blur and overcharge like effect, cooldown 15 seconds)

Jackpots have a unique Tier 4 bonus - 10% EGO power recharge on full reload or kill (cooldown 5 seconds)

Vanity pack includes a new red and black hoverbike vehicle, red and black ' corporate valentine ' outfit and a blast hatcher combat shotgun with the Hot Streak synergy. The jackpots have the Flames of Passion red & black weapon skins.

Weapon types - blaster pistol, blast rifle, chango fragger combat shotgun, auto lobber detonator, canker infector, tachmag pulser SMG, quick repeater sniper rifle. All jackpots are fire nano. Pursuit completion will reward a Tier 4 VBI assault rifle, 'Smolder'.

Enemies will be raiders, 99ers and hellbugs with a fire theme and a damage boost to health.

Bring the heat.

(All information is direct from the May 19th Livestream)

hmm this next event actually might look worth playing
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore, Defiance-the 2050.

Thanks for putting this information on the forum so quicky, Lexxy .

if the 3rd perk is constant, why not put it as, +15% damage
    toons:
    Puffkin
    Munchie Bird
    Bianca Bird
    Ozzy Bean
    The BirdCage

Quote Originally Posted by RKZX2 View Post
    if the 3rd perk is constant, why not put it as, +15% damage
    not the official post.

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Very interesting.

What kind of bird is that Puffkin?
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Not a fan of those blast hatcher combat shotguns but that hoverbike sold me, looks fun!
    PC/NA
    IGN: -ratpie

CRKT Crawford/Kasper

It appears that synergies are progressing exactly as I thought they would ever since Trion decided to turn the game into a 24/7 event kegger. With revenue now completely reliant on the flavor of the month event synergy the only way to sell boxes, bundles, and passes is to release synergies that are slightly better than the previous generation. The synergies released in the past year have made all of the standard and faction synergies obsolete and it has done the same for most of the past event and bit store synergies as well. And it's going to continue with each successive generation (about every 3-6 months) until they finally pull the plug.

A friend of mine created the following thread to illustrate a different point, but I believe that it's only a matter of time before we see this:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-TN-Big-Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    It appears that synergies are progressing exactly as I thought they would ever since Trion decided to turn the game into a 24/7 event kegger. With revenue now completely reliant on the flavor of the month event synergy the only way to sell boxes, bundles, and passes is to release synergies that are slightly better than the previous generation. The synergies released in the past year have made all of the standard and faction synergies obsolete and it has done the same for most of the past event and bit store synergies as well. And it's going to continue with each successive generation (about every 3-6 months) until they finally pull the plug.
    Was saying a similar thing in game the other day. Each new synergy is designed to gradually push older synergies into obsolescence. The new synergies have to have a certain level of appeal in order to get players to go after them. So this is a natural consequence of the event train we are on…

We will eventually get weapons will all nanos and all EGO powers combined, reaching god-mode for the final Defiance Armageddon!

Did they say on the livestream if we can use our defiant few rep to get untradable jackpots? Tia
    XBOX EU
    ARK LEGION ELITE CLAN FOUNDER
    CLAN RANK 3600
    GT ARRANHAYLEYEDEN
    IGN ARRAN EGO 5900
    IGN SKUNKZ EGO 6000
    IGN NEW PREADTOR EGO 4800+

XBOX NA
    IGN SKUNKZ EGO 6000