+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have a slight problem with the 99ers , someone help?

They were once people, but from what I know they have been forced to change into cyborgs. And here is the problem for me. Are they controlled by someone or something? Mostly I do not know why all 99ers are hostile, although for example, during the game we can meet people who do not want to be cyborg.

They weren't forced to change. They upgraded themselves to help with mining and to protect their mines. No one controls them, but I do believe they add to their groups by kidnapping farmers and upgrading them.
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 50
    Clan Here2***ShtUp

During the razing of the earth, Mine-99 kept going. During that time the Foreman encouraged the worker to use cybernetic implant to help increase production. -- they also drove them all insane.
    Region: Pc-NA
    IGN: DoctorDabs
    Level: 6000
    Clan: Tabby

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Please don't mention bio! Bio is horrible, using bio is equivalent to striping your enemy naked, asking him how it feels then killing him with a butterknife!

4.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #4
    Adding cybernetic parts to your body is a "don't try this at home" sorta thing.
    Michael "Kerilar" Hansen

Content Designer - Defiance

I thought necroing threads was against forum policy.

Edit:
    Not to mention, when we forum users have been getting little response from the Trion team, and there are plenty of threads with actual problems, issues and concerns, it's kinda a slap in the face when we see responses to old, off beat threads. At least that's how I feel. Hope I do not gain a ban for this, but I'm just being honest.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

I agree 100% with you Johnny. I also found it absurd that a Defiance "content designer" would necro a story & lore thread to make an off handed remark when their are numerous suggestion and idea threads that deserve attention...I would have thought "suggestions" & "ideas" to be right up a "content designers" alley.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

7.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #7
    Oddly, Story and Lore is right up a content designers alley. I promise you though, we are always looking at the forums and parsing for issues to address. That doesn't mean we chime in on every detail.
    Michael "Kerilar" Hansen

Content Designer - Defiance

4 bug bash threads and what has got fixed from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Oddly, Story and Lore is right up a content designers alley.
    I don't find that odd at all. No worthwhile "quests" would be complete without a compelling story and background. I did find it odd that you would revive an 8 month old thread as your introductory post and not expand on the answers given by the other forum members to help answer the op's question. I would have to guess that your not all that familiar with the Defiance universe, probably having never watched the television series and having a very limited time playing the game.

You could have made a much more impactful introduction by replying to a more relevant and current thread. I don't expect you to chime in on every detail of every thread, however, I do applaud your effort of attempting to connect with the community. The community has been starved for so long of contact that it was refreshing to see someone of your stature post on the forums. I just wish it would have been in a more applicable manner.

Anyway, welcome to the Defiance forum. I hope to see and hear much more from you and what you have in store for the future of the game
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Heres an idea. Instead of attacking this dev's willingness to share his knowledge on the subject. Try a compliment at willingness to share. Maybe he's testing the water (so to speak) to see reactions. Don't scare off someone who is willing to listen,explore the questions we ask and actually give a responce. Who knows,maybe this person will be more excited to help if he gets a little positive feedback.