+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It would be good if a bug bash, or even mini bug bash was possible and conducted in a logical, systematic approach...

Some points:
    1) Don't know if it can be done with the limited resources they have. The forum to developer communications need to be fully operational - maybe Zamboni can help there?
    2) Perhaps it could be done every X weeks or X months, during a hiatus? As some have suggested, now we have event templates for the whole year, maybe this frees up their time for other stuff?
    3) Depending on what the particular bug is, of course one must be careful that something else doesn't get broken. But that is what testing is for (on PTS etc) . Can always roll back if things go pear-shaped .
    4) Looking back at the historical forum posts, they probably have enough material to work with there (at least initially). The whole inventory thing, for example...

There seem to be a lot of unanswered questions...

Is there a "meet the team" thread or page somewhere? Ideally showing the number of staff working on Defiance over the years? That should give some indication of the priority Defiance has and level of investment, and how that has changed since launch. Have Trion made their money back yet? What are the profit figures? Is the money coming in from Patron etc being spent exclusively on Defiance?

Oh... why does it look like they shoved the poor devs into a broom cupboard for the live streams?

Maybe the devs could make a list of categoric "no go" areas? Like if they aren't going to touch 90% of the code base, then it will save everyone some time if this is made into a public list. No point in asking if it will never get looked at...

If the lack of information and transparency is intentional, then perhaps we "can't handle the truth"?
    If Trion is still backing Defiance as a winner, they should be shouting that from the roof tops! "Look, we are spending 10 million scrip on X, Y and Z!" "We have upgraded our offices with latest Votan technology!"

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    Mitch is cheesy enough as it is. I don't think anyone could stand Mitch being 80% more cheesy....well, except maybe this guy.
    ~Edited for decency!~
    My God! That is horrific! The stuff of nightmares! It is just wrong on so many levels! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    It would be good if a bug bash, or even mini bug bash was possible and conducted in a logical, systematic approach...

Some points:
    1) Don't know if it can be done with the limited resources they have. The forum to developer communications need to be fully operational - maybe Zamboni can help there?
    2) Perhaps it could be done every X weeks or X months, during a hiatus? As some have suggested, now we have event templates for the whole year, maybe this frees up their time for other stuff?
    3) Depending on what the particular bug is, of course one must be careful that something else doesn't get broken. But that is what testing is for (on PTS etc) . Can always roll back if things go pear-shaped .
    4) Looking back at the historical forum posts, they probably have enough material to work with there (at least initially). The whole inventory thing, for example...

Is there a "meet the team" thread or page somewhere? Ideally showing the number of staff working on Defiance over the years? That should give some indication of the priority Defiance has and level of investment, and how that has changed since launch. Have Trion made their money back yet? What are the profit figures? Is the money coming in from Patron etc being spent exclusively on Defiance?

Oh... why does it look like they shoved the poor devs into a broom cupboard for the live streams?

Maybe the devs could make a list of categoric "no go" areas? Like if they aren't going to touch 90% of the code base, then it will save everyone some time if this is made into a public list. No point in asking if it will never get looked at...

If the lack of information and transparency is intentional, then perhaps we "can't handle the truth"?
    If Trion is still backing Defiance as a winner, they should be shouting that from the roof tops! "Look, we are spending 10 million scrip on X, Y and Z!" "We have upgraded our offices with latest Votan technology!"

My God! That is horrific! The stuff of nightmares! It is just wrong on so many levels! LOL
    lol its scary isnt it, Im 80% less cheese. But no licking plz

Quote Originally Posted by Altras View Post
    I wouldnt. Last bash broke more things than it fixed. And it took about 2 months too.
    Exactly what I was thinking
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you edited my post for "decency"...LMAO!! When did decency ever apply when it comes to the internet?

"After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    Mitch is cheesy enough as it is. I don't think anyone could stand Mitch being 80% more cheesy....well, except maybe this guy.
    So that's what you guys have been up to when you're offline o.O
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

..And I'm off, excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx View Post
    So that's what you guys have been up to when you're offline o.O
    I'm disappointed my friend, I thought you'd be more witty than that.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpie View Post
    Nothing wrong with talking about pizza i love it!

little ceasars has a new pizza the $5 dollar one, but if you add $1 you get 80% more cheese and pepperoni!!!

There wouldn't be anything wrong with talking about pizza - if they gave us two minutes of on-topic questions answered for every minute of off-topic schtako they try to distract us with, it's only right, since we get so little actual face-time as it is.
    And so few questions answered that actually matter to players of the game rather than just casual observers.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.

Some points:

Conceivably - The devs could recycle an entire 12 month year of already existing events and the existing synergies/weapons/loot that they already have programmed into those events - to work full time on bug-stomping and maybe adding several square yards of new territory.

It's not like we absolutely need to have every recycled event that we get now with a brand new unique and bugridden synergy with the accompanying bugs we get with the pointless new stuff.

Besides a few vets who still hang in - any NEW players would never have seen the recycled events when they rolled for the second time anyway.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Some points:

These are some good suggestions! It's a crying shame that they don't fit Trion's "ride it till the wheels fall off" mentality.
    PS3 NA
    Clan: Severed Remnants
    PSN: Ookami_X-I-I-I
    IGN: OokamiXIII

Ego 6k the hard way!

"I stood there for a min while name redatcted shot me with a piper then I gave him a northstar facial." -meaty 2016

Some day, you guys will realise that it's time to move on from defiance.

Not gonna say that the game is gonna shut down what not but the future of defiance would be better in another hands of a developer/publisher.

I haven't seen any major bug fixes (Bugs that existed 3 years back)

Actual content updates (Not different majors) (even if trion must, make dlc content.)

Saying that trion has limited resource and the game has been out for 3 years is kinda bad. I've seen worse like https://www.reddit.com/r/ZMR/ (Zombie, Monsters, Robots) also a 3rd person shooter.
    http://i.imgur.com/rqP0Qx6.png
    PC NA PVP GOD
    Main game now > Playerunknown's Battleground
    "It's not the weapon that's overpowered, it's how you use it that makes it overpowered"