+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    1,103

    Hot Crazy Summer on PTS (by LE)

    This is an account of my experience with the upcoming event (with a bit of extra information), due to be launched on June 5th.

    Apologies for the length!

    The synergy – Hot Streak

    Quoted from the weapon card (Lexxy Snow’s version is more explanatory):

    [1] On kill or full reload, 2% ammo regen (Cooldown: 3s)
    [2] On kill or full reload, gain 15% rate of fire for 10s (Cooldown 10s)
    [3] 15% Damage
    [4] Gain Hot Streak for 10s after 3 kills or full reloads within 15s (Cooldown: 15s). Hot Streak grants both an overcharge and blur like effect


    All parts of the synergy are working correctly, from the tests I have conducted (so far):

    1) Ammo regeneration text appears and the ammo pool replenishes as expected on a kill or reload.
    2) The fire rate increase text appears and it seems to increase as expected. It was hard to tell with the SMG in practice, but I captured some video, slowed it down and timed how long it took to empty a clip. There was a noticeable difference in the rate then.
    3) The damage on a weapon with 2 mods was 2248 and 2570 with 3 mods, showing a 14.32% increase – which is roughly the quoted 15%.
    4) The overcharge and blur like effect triggers quite frequently and the combination is as expected. The true overcharge and blur EGO powers are unaffected (as well as their cooldowns) so they can be used in combination as desired.

    There was some discussion in game about the 4th part - we wondered if it would trigger that frequently with some weapons. Having a small mag on a weapon certainly helps if you wish it to trigger more frequently. The Tachmag SMG has a high fire rate, so it empties clips very quickly (approx 2 seconds).
    The increase in fire rate with the 2nd part will help increase the reload frequency.

    With the quick repeater, obviously it is faster than say a bolt action sniper, which helps. You may need to rely more on the kills with that though.

    Since the 4th part will trigger on any total count of 3 from a combination of kills OR reload, it is not so hard to get it to ‘proc’. For example “kill, reload, kill” will work or of course “kill, kill, kill”!

    Personally, I like the flaming shoulders VFX! By the way, I’m not sure you can be that stealthy with this synergy – so it might not suite the sniping from the shadows style of game play!




    The weapons



    Types available (and the Jackpot name after the ---> arrow):
    • Blaster (pistol) ---> Volcano.
    • Blast Rifle ---> Pyre.
    • Chango Fragger (combat shotgun) ---> Inferno.
    • Auto Lobber (detonator) ---> Conflagration.
    • Canker (infector) ---> Boiler.
    • Tachmag Pulser (SMG) ---> Wildfire.
    • Quick Repeater (semi-auto sniper rifle) ---> Torrid.
    As expected, the default nano on the jackpots is fire.

    I suppose there could be some confusion with duplicate name for the EGO perk…


    Mods

    There seem to be no infectors mods in the PTS crates (no wonder Rarnok’s was unmodded in the livestream!)
    There are RL mods, but obviously HCS does not have any RLs.
    Infector mods do seem to be dropping from the arkfalls.






    Pursuit

    The pursuit is called “Ride the Heat Wave” and the weapon is called “Smolder” (Assault Rifle – “Fully automatic standard military assault weapon”).



    To complete the pursuit, you need to kill a total of 500 event arkfall Tankers and/or Monarchs (for example 250 Tankers and 250 Monarchs).

    When I first looked at the figure of 500, it seemed a bit high. But then after doing a few minors and majors, it didn’t seem quite so unattainable. Still, might need a few sessions in Defiance!




    The Vanity Pack

    This is not on PTS currently, so I have no first hand information on it.

    According to the livestream, the HOT Blast Hatcher (combat shotgun) “Fires explosive rounds that detonate on impact, attracting parasites to attack nearby enemies”.


    And Finally…

    Be prepared for lots of Tankers shouting “Contact!” and to be set alight an awful lot! Get ready to feel the heat!



    Flaming Monarchs do look good at night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"


  2. #2
    Member Zer0Playr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    410
    Thank you very much. The community must read it. And I'll help to spread the word! Unfortunately, I don't have any image of the Boiler

    Sig by Tauriiel
    Assista aos meus vídeos/Watch my videos
    Playing at: PS3 NA / Só vem!! >>> Galaxy Rangers xBrazilx PSN


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    England- Gosport
    Posts
    925
    Thanks Light Energy, Very helpful and enjoyable read. Always helping the community .

    Bit a little bit disappointed with the reward for the pursuit but i realise we cannot have inventory space reward every time.

    How did you get 23 ark-keys for reward? Is it a clan bonus? For a 200k score with patron i get 21- keys and 30 forge, But my clan is 3 people with 2 of them non players for 4 months.

  4. #4
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    1,103
    Here is a list of weapon pictures (I can't add them to the original post, there is a limit on how many images are permitted per post):

    Volcano


    Pyre


    Inferno


    Conflagration


    Boiler


    Wildfire


    Torrid


    I expect the official post will appear on the forum very soon .

    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    Thank you very much. The community must read it. And I'll help to spread the word! Unfortunately, I don't have any image of the Boiler
    You're welcome, thanks for your comments! Please see a picture of the Boiler above .

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    Thanks Light Energy, Very helpful and enjoyable read. Always helping the community.
    Thank you for your comments!

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    Bit a little bit disappointed with the reward for the pursuit but i realise we cannot have inventory space reward every time.
    Ah yes. I don't know what the pursuit weapon is like in practice, I don't think I'll get that far on PTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch00uk View Post
    How did you get 23 ark-keys for reward? Is it a clan bonus? For a 200k score with patron i get 21- keys and 30 forge, But my clan is 3 people with 2 of them non players for 4 months.
    Ah, no idea really! I expect it could be the clan bonus working correctly? I am a member of a clan on PTS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"


  5. #5
    Member Zer0Playr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Here is a list of weapon pictures (I can't add them to the original post, there is a limit on how many images are permitted per post):

    Volcano


    Pyre


    Inferno


    Conflagration


    Boiler


    Wildfire


    Torrid


    I expect the official post will appear on the forum very soon .


    You're welcome, thanks for your comments! Please see a picture of the Boiler above .


    Thank you for your comments!


    Ah yes. I don't know what the pursuit weapon is like in practice, I don't think I'll get that far on PTS!


    Ah, no idea really! I expect it could be the clan bonus working correctly? I am a member of a clan on PTS...
    I already got a pic of the Boiler, but thank you anyway.

    (In portuguese below)

    O patch estará traduzido no meu vídeo, mas este tópico no fórum vai estar na descrição!

    Sig by Tauriiel
    Assista aos meus vídeos/Watch my videos
    Playing at: PS3 NA / Só vem!! >>> Galaxy Rangers xBrazilx PSN


  6. #6
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    1,103
    Personally, I think the Volcano skin would look even "hotter" if it looked more like this (a mock-up I made):


    Something like that would match the colour scheme of Wildfire etc more I think (black and a strong red) .

    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    I already got a pic of the Boiler, but thank you anyway.
    Ah OK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    O patch estará traduzido no meu vídeo, mas este tópico no fórum vai estar na descrição!
    Cool

  7. #7
    Member KNN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    52
    Hello, will be possible to loot on these Summer events a weapon like Accelerated Slagger (Combat Shotgun) or similar to it?

  8. #8
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KNN View Post
    Hello, will be possible to loot on these Summer events a weapon like Accelerated Slagger (Combat Shotgun) or similar to it?
    Hi, there is a Chango Fragger (combat shotgun) from the Hot Crazy Summer event. It is not the same as the Accelerated Slagger, but it is still nice IMHO as a shotgun!

    The Accelerated Slagger is quite unusual (at least from my experience so far) in that it has a small reticule and is a bit like shooting a small single pellet (it doesn't arc like a clustershot and it is hard to actually see the projectile) - it has a good range, but you need to be good with your aim to use it effectively.

    A Fragger, on the other hand, has a larger reticule and is generally better for close combat (nearby groups / close but fast moving targets - skitterlings for example).

    In any case, I can offer one of my Accelerated Slaggers, since we are on the same platform and server .

  9. #9
    Member KNN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post

    ...
    In any case, I can offer one of my Accelerated Slaggers, since we are on the same platform and server .
    I'm interested, in game aswell rn.

  10. #10
    I'm super interested to see the pursuit ar skin I'm hoping it will follow the same color scheme I think it will look amazing with the black n red totally go with my other red gear like the fop guns if so if anyone does manage to get that far please post the img I'm sure I'm not the only one psyched to see it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts