+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trion, really?

Trion, really?

thats beyond ******ed, you require us to *KILL*, as in, land the killshots, 25 mobs for each daily? how do you expect us to do it, if half of time your only time to hit any mob is to spam AoE blind?

and the finals last like 10 mins, so... GG...
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

You don't need to land the kill shot. Just deal a good amount of damage to the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliopteryx View Post
    You don't need to land the kill shot. Just deal a good amount of damage to the enemy.
    I love it now everyone has to play and not just a few

No.
    worse.
    We're not allowed to use guns that have range of more than a few meters or you wont get credit for a kill..

because you know.. after spending an entire arkfall doing what snipers do (shooting from range), trion literally states they dont want us attacking from a far range.. yet gives us the tools to do it.....

Supposedly you get credit for running over the dead body which 1) is dumb.. snipers dont care about picking up loot that far away unless it's glowing purple we leave that junk on the ground
    2) isn't true. i tested this for hours yesterday and lost over 200 kills to the new system
    3) we just spend 30 mins grinding an AF and now we have to literally run around an empty battlefiend picking up invisible tokens without any clue as to weather or not we even are picking them up or just running around in a field..

another nail in the coffin.
    Region: Pc-NA
    IGN: DoctorDabs
    Level: 6000
    Clan: Tabby

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Please don't mention bio! Bio is horrible, using bio is equivalent to striping your enemy naked, asking him how it feels then killing him with a butterknife!

Quote Originally Posted by doctordabs View Post
    No.
    worse.
    We're not allowed to use guns that have range of more than a few meters or you wont get credit for a kill..

because you know.. after spending an entire arkfall doing what snipers do (shooting from range), trion literally states they dont want us attacking from a far range.. yet gives us the tools to do it.....

Supposedly you get credit for running over the dead body which 1) is dumb.. snipers dont care about picking up loot that far away unless it's glowing purple we leave that junk on the ground
    2) isn't true. i tested this for hours yesterday and lost over 200 kills to the new system
    3) we just spend 30 mins grinding an AF and now we have to literally run around an empty battlefiend picking up invisible tokens without any clue as to weather or not we even are picking them up or just running around in a field..

Those who use snipers actually doing much killing? I mean, i find it hard to see anything standing in the middle of the fight to shoot at...yall actually see much to shoot at from that range?
    PS3/NA
    Clan: Arkbreaker Crew
    PSN: Trogathor
    IGN: Trogathorna / Biscu1t / Tootle Lu / Wiener Toast / DerpyDevil / AnotherToon

Quote Originally Posted by Trogathorna View Post
    Those who use snipers actually doing much killing? I mean, i find it hard to see anything standing in the middle of the fight to shoot at...yall actually see much to shoot at from that range?
    There is a danger that the new system (with it's still rather cryptic requirements), is too restrictive on gameplay. Player's should be able to use any of the vast array of weapons they are given.

Maybe it's different on other platforms/systems (draw distances etc) but I quite liked working on my sniper pursuit, shooting the Matron (during Colony Courtship), Bulwarks (during Event Horizon) and hulkers brain's (during Outbreak).

At the moment, I think it's too early to say if this new system is balanced correctly. I think we need to wait until these trophies are applied in a patch and the other parts to the new system (behind the scenes) are operational.

In other words "don't count your chickens before they hatch" or "let's wait to see what it's like when it's all in place, before we decide if it better or worse".

Quote Originally Posted by doctordabs View Post
    No.
    worse.

This, pretty much.

I like to use my Apoc at arkfalls. These are range weapons. Unless I am standing on or near the enemy when it dies I DO NOT get credit for the kill. NO MATTER how much dmg I inflict.

Last night I kept a running tally of how many tankers and monarchs I unloaded a magazine into. Only the ones that I was in "very close proximity" were counted.

Disgusted with this new system that is a failure at what it's attempting to do. As mentioned before, AFK'ers don't give a rats rear about their score or kill count! This only serves to punish the ones that want to use ranged weapons.
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    This, pretty much.

I like to use my Apoc at arkfalls. These are range weapons. Unless I am standing on or near the enemy when it dies I DO NOT get credit for the kill. NO MATTER how much dmg I inflict.

Last night I kept a running tally of how many tankers and monarchs I unloaded a magazine into. Only the ones that I was in "very close proximity" were counted.
    Yeah, I was thinking about Apoc users as well , even though there are not many of them.

I think they may need to increase the credit radius to account for ranged weapons, lest RL/Det users down themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    Disgusted with this new system that is a failure at what it's attempting to do. As mentioned before, AFK'ers don't give a rats rear about their score or kill count! This only serves to punish the ones that want to use ranged weapons.
    This is only the first step towards the master plan IMHO. Eventually, you will probably need your X kills (noting the minimum damage threshold and close proximity) for every major to get Karma to work.

TL: DR

I like it. Gives me a reason not to afk at arkfalls.

I like the change to be honest, but I think Trion should increase the kill "trophy range by a square of the current distance or at least by a multiple of 3-5 and it will be much better for the people that don't like to move too much.