+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Trion, really?

  1. #11
    Member Gaige12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Ravenholm. We don't go there anymore.
    Posts
    1,104
    I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Two majors, Three at the most, and the daily is done. (Even on a lowbie toon with a crap loadout.)

    On my main toon, if I push it, I can do it in one major with a T6 MotU, Autumn's Scourge, GA, Sentinel, and all the proper perks fit up.

    If any of you on PC/NA are having this hard of a time with the daily, hit me up and I'll help you out with some loadout advise or something. This game is easy mode.
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

    "If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

    The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter Exchange Warriors

    PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Krayola Kingdom

  2. #12
    Member xSalemx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    I don't understand what everyone is complaining about.
    From what I can see, they are upset that they have to kill or play to earn credit towards their pursuit/contract. Making it to be "much worse" than the way it was. Frankly, it seems people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Simple questions like.. Do you support letting others mooch off the work of others or encouraging laziness at the expense of others for rewards, Y/N? Do you support encouraging all arkhunters alike to play together as a team to complete arkfalls & contracts for their rewards, Y/N?
    Although the old requirement was simply that all you had to do was "be present" (which a few have claimed helps the team complete the arkfall by depending on those who actually play to do all the work for them and that it's a "play-style.." idek lol. Not to mention this isn't only occurring at arkfalls but has been going on for quite some time regarding contracts by tagging enemies then leaving the area & expecting someone else to come by & complete it for them) at the arkfall to earn participation credit.
    However, there really is no difference between the two in receiving you rewards other than the new system encouraging those who want their event pursuit/contracts to actually play for them and not just "be present" which applies to all players not just AFKers or multi-accounts as claimed that it was being targeted at.
    Before this kill requirement was implemented, some FREQUENTLY complained about not receiving credit for their pursuits/contracts or even getting their JP roll because they got disconnected from the game right before it ended. So I suppose no matter what you do, you will always have some that will criticize everything regardless.
    My guess is most of the ones that are against it (but not all) is because it affects their play-style of being AFK with 1 or more toons (honestly, why though? Do you really enjoy having 6 of the same crappy JP as opposed to just 1 of them?). So if it was you, you would think up of any excuse possible (even if it doesn't apply to you) to counter it and make it seem like the worst thing out there in order to get rid of it.
    For example, not long ago some were under the impression that this would affect them being able to trade within their other accounts. Well, it looks like it didn't..
    This has been a strategy I have seen used frequently on the forums for a while now.. mixed with a little emotion to try and guilt developers or even other players in order to get what they desire. ..No clue why they waste their time doing it though as I have seen it seldom works. At the end of the day, Trion owns the rights to the game. But if you really don't like something, there are proper ways to go about it in a mature & adult manner which yields better results than subtly insulting others to get what you want.

    Another topic some have brought up about there not being enough down time between events. Just because it's there does not mean you have to participate in it. You are completely free to do other activities in-game. Nobody is forcing you to do the arkfall events so take as much down time as you need whenever you see fit. Just saying..
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

    I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

    ..And I'm off, excelsior!

  3. #13
    Member Fallen_Aingeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Paradise since 7-10-13
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Two majors, Three at the most, and the daily is done. (Even on a lowbie toon with a crap loadout.)

    On my main toon, if I push it, I can do it in one major with a T6 MotU, Autumn's Scourge, GA, Sentinel, and all the proper perks fit up.

    If any of you on PC/NA are having this hard of a time with the daily, hit me up and I'll help you out with some loadout advise or something. This game is easy mode.
    Last night at an arkfall:

    Before I started the arkfall, I checked the pursuit and the goals page. I had a total of 216 and 6 for the daily. Racking up a score of 91k, and registering 51 kills according to the scoreboard. After af, I check pursuit and goals page again.

    My total tally had risen 11, to 227.

    My daily tally had risen 8, to 14.

    There is something wrong with the way that the "kills" are being registered. How do I gain 11 total but only 8 on the daily? How, when I scored 91k, using a bmg with max links, am I only getting credit for 11 or 8 kills? Unless, I am standing nearly on top of them when they die, I am not receiving the proper credit.

    ***Interesting side note***

    When I logged off last night, I had a total of 227. When I longed on this evening, my total was at 303. I did one arkfall, using Grendel, and was credited with 27 kills, completing the daily in one fell swoop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Well this is your problem use an actual weapon and not a bmg I observed that you have to do a certain amount of damage and have to run near the bodies for the kill trophy. When I used an infector or bmg with my small room i noticed that I didn't get any kills but when I switched to an smg or br I could get more than 25 kills easy even with my ego 700 toon with only one major.
    Grendel is boss.
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

    PS4 IGN - Reb


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Camden, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    Last night at an arkfall:

    Before I started the arkfall, I checked the pursuit and the goals page. I had a total of 216 and 6 for the daily. Racking up a score of 91k, and registering 51 kills according to the scoreboard. After af, I check pursuit and goals page again.

    My total tally had risen 11, to 227.

    My daily tally had risen 8, to 14.

    There is something wrong with the way that the "kills" are being registered. How do I gain 11 total but only 8 on the daily? How, when I scored 91k, using a bmg with max links, am I only getting credit for 11 or 8 kills? Unless, I am standing nearly on top of them when they die, I am not receiving the proper credit.
    Well this is your problem use an actual weapon and not a bmg I observed that you have to do a certain amount of damage and have to run near the bodies for the kill trophy. When I used an infector or bmg with my small toon i noticed that I didn't get any kills but when I switched to an smg or br I could get more than 25 kills easy even with my ego 700 toon with only one major.

  5. #15
    Member Trogathorna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post

    Grendel is boss.
    That it is

    Its all i've used all event...with exception of a mass cannon to clear mobs of blasters outta the way. Using Grendel i've completed each daily within one major...and finished the pursuit early the second day of the event. Key is, you really have to be where ever the tanker or monarch go down, for it to count...like you said, right on top of them.
    PS3/NA
    Clan: Arkbreaker Crew
    PSN: Trogathor
    IGN: Trogathorna / Biscu1t / Tootle Lu / Wiener Toast / DerpyDevil / AnotherToon

  6. #16
    Member xSalemx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Posts
    477
    Nothing wrong with using varying types of weapons if that is what you wish.
    I think the purpose of the closer proximity was meant to encourage everyone to stay closer in the arkfall itself. Had quite a few complaints about mobs being dragged away from the arkfall thus causing some to not be completed in time & players receiving no credit/rewards.
    Thought some will still do it anyway to grief.
    They should increase the radius to match the radius of the smaller red circle.
    But what if instead of using invisible kill trophies, they changed the way kills are counted. Like a certain amount of damage dealt (whatever the value, not too high, not too low) required for 1 kill and so forth. In order to combat weapon spamming, simply divide the damage dealt by the type of weapon used. Like you would earn kills faster using an AR than an infector. Lesser skill required type weapons generally building up kills at a much slower pace.

    Perhaps a point system similar to how it was before (majors counting as 2 points & minors counting as 1) could be implemented as well to reward those who put a greater deal of effort/contribution into completing the arkfall, thus earning their rewards faster! I don't know maybe even add some sort of arkfall leveling system (would need a reset time) similar to clan ranks that increases based on how much contribution/XP you put in to completing arkfalls (not just score or kills which is basically just tagging an enemy anyway on this game.. it could be a calculation/formula of many things such as headshots, KDR, revives, # of different types of weapons used w/in the arkfall, etc. all of which goes toward completing the arkfall & actually playing. Heck, all this could even be used instead of % being based off the number of arkfalls you complete since some just get disconnected anyway or it could even replace RNG altogether. On top of that, your rank could be lowered under certain conditions like if you completed an arkfall without any kills, spawning vehicles inside arkfalls within a frequent period of time in order to grief others or anything of that nature that is loathed. If you didn't put in much effort you would only earn as much as you put in, to deter people from things such as just wrapping rubber bands on their controllers with BMGs at every arkfall.) which higher ranks would yield a higher multiplier towards credit to earn their rewards faster or even better rewards themselves.

    Maybe even something to reward teamwork! Such as all players at a completed arkfall earning more arkforge/keycodes/scrip & higher rarity reward mods/weps based on how quickly they beat the final divided by the amount of players present at the arkfall (like a bronze, silver, gold, & platinum rating) as to compensate for low traffic periods. Or they could just make all finals last a predetermined amount of time that isn't too long or too short & the rating everyone recieves would be based on the amount of kills (tougher mobs count as more points than smaller) divided by amount of players at the arkfall before it ends. That way you don't have to worry about the few who like to grief others by deliberatly pulling a few mobs away.
    On second thought, the teamwork reward idea may not be so good.. people might start farming that too. Guess it's better as a individual reward system. :/
    Then again, it could still work if they made the teamwork rating tie-in with the individual's rating at the given arkfall. Sort of like an additional multiplier. That way, if someone brings a bunch of alts to the arkfall and the teamwork reward is a gold/platinum rating, it won't do squat for the alts standing there or rubber banding since their individual ratings would be miniscule in comparison.

    The pursuits/contracts don't need to be anything overly difficult to achieve, just something to encourage everyone to play or contribute in some way to completion if they want to receive credit other than simply standing there to let others do the work for them. Had enough arkfalls not complete in time due to players idling rather than shooting.

    I actually got a GA Grendel myself from the free JPs during Armistice.
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

    I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

    ..And I'm off, excelsior!

  7. #17
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,494
    My personal opinion is that the scoring problem stems from the game design requirement that anyone in the area of an achievement gets credit for the achievement just because they were 'there', rather than because the engine kept track of actual contribution.

    I'm saying that a lot of the issue is because back in time there was a design philosophy that demanded that everyone get a prize no matter whether one played the game that was in front of you in the place you were standing, and keeping score was less important than 'everyone who stood there gets an equal share of the prize because we all have to feel good about ourselves'.
    Thats why you/I/we get scores and achievements pop up on screen for events that we drove passed minutes before.
    We get a 'you were there' prize.

    This is a combat game, not musical chairs. We want to get recognition and loot in proportion to effort and valor in a siege, not because we hid behind a wall and managed to not get shot during a battle.

    Scoring of 'hits on target' can have a 'low threshhold' to count for a kill considering that EGO lvl 6000 players shouldn't get 100% of a kill by doing 51% of the work, and lesser contributors ought share in the kill, but getting a prize for being in the area is foolish.
    And requiring snipers to find and walk on the grave of a kill in a battlefield to count as a kill is foolish as well.

    The game engine ought to be able to register and track if a player does 0% damage and award 0% of the score, or a minimum of contributing 5% of the health damage to the enemy to count as a kill even from a distance without the player then standing on the badguys place of death, if it could even be found, after the death in a battle.

    There is too much work trying to adjust all the kludges to allow for the SJW aspect of everyone getting a participation prize for being there, and more effort ought to just go towards awarding kills to anyone who did a minimum actual damage.
    This minimum damage would naturally have to be high enough to restrict players who want to put just 4 bullets into every enemy and then sit back to rake in the awards, but shouldn't keep lower level players from getting awarded score just because they had lesser weapons available to them.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

  8. #18
    I'm liking this change alot, a reason to actually just play! I just wish the kill credit range was a bit further, I seem to be missing alot of my kills registering unless i am on top of the mob when it dies
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    My personal opinion is that the scoring problem stems from the game design requirement that anyone in the area of an achievement gets credit for the achievement just because they were 'there', rather than because the engine kept track of actual contribution.

    I'm saying that a lot of the issue is because back in time there was a design philosophy that demanded that everyone get a prize no matter whether one played the game that was in front of you in the place you were standing, and keeping score was less important than 'everyone who stood there gets an equal share of the prize because we all have to feel good about ourselves'.
    Thats why you/I/we get scores and achievements pop up on screen for events that we drove passed minutes before.
    We get a 'you were there' prize.

    This is a combat game, not musical chairs. We want to get recognition and loot in proportion to effort and valor in a siege, not because we hid behind a wall and managed to not get shot during a battle.

    Scoring of 'hits on target' can have a 'low threshhold' to count for a kill considering that EGO lvl 6000 players shouldn't get 100% of a kill by doing 51% of the work, and lesser contributors ought share in the kill, but getting a prize for being in the area is foolish.
    And requiring snipers to find and walk on the grave of a kill in a battlefield to count as a kill is foolish as well.

    The game engine ought to be able to register and track if a player does 0% damage and award 0% of the score, or a minimum of contributing 5% of the health damage to the enemy to count as a kill even from a distance without the player then standing on the badguys place of death, if it could even be found, after the death in a battle.

    There is too much work trying to adjust all the kludges to allow for the SJW aspect of everyone getting a participation prize for being there, and more effort ought to just go towards awarding kills to anyone who did a minimum actual damage.
    This minimum damage would naturally have to be high enough to restrict players who want to put just 4 bullets into every enemy and then sit back to rake in the awards, but shouldn't keep lower level players from getting awarded score just because they had lesser weapons available to them.
    ^^^ this ^^^^

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    122
    You don't need to land a kill shot or even deal large amounts of damage to earn credit for the pursuit kills. You simply need to walk/run past where an enemy was downed...similar to running past and auto picking up script or salvage. I have accumulated many kill credits by simply running around picking up loot after a mfr has ended. While I haven't seen any "trophies" or items that signify "kill credit", the pursuit counter pops up and accumulates while I'm running around. Since tankers rarely get further than a few feet from doors, just make a point to run by there now and then. These credits ( although invisible ) don't disappear right away, they stay there for a while...just like the script or salvage you normally pick up. Hope this helps

    I also liked the start of the event which required you to work a little harder to actually get credit for the kills.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts