+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    Grendel is boss.
    At what? Tickling the A.I. to death?

Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx View Post
    ~snip~
    At the end of the day, Trion owns the rights to the game.
    ~snip~
    Please note: I just wanted to follow up on this conversation point, this is not to pick on anyone in particular.

My 1 cent worth LOL

It has been said several times "it's Trion's game" (I think that was what it said before the edit! ), but I would say it's our game too . Without players, what would be the point? If Trion still has at least one person working on Defiance and they are communicating with players in some form (on the forum, twitter or whatever) then there is some potential for player feedback. In business, it's just common sense to care what the customer thinks .

Here is a quote which I think is quite apt:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Young
    "The Owners Of The Game"

Star Trek is very much like baseball. The players play the game, the owners own the teams, but the fans own the game.
    Defiance is not that different (it was a sci-fi TV show after all with some elements from other shows).

I would say that players of Defiance own even more than fans of TV shows, in some ways...since we put our time, effort and sometimes money into it. We are the actors/players too...many invest a lot, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Please note: I just wanted to follow up on this conversation point, this is not to pick on anyone in particular.

My 1 cent worth LOL

It has been said several times "it's Trion's game" (I think that was what it said before the edit! ), but I would say it's our game too . Without players, what would be the point? If Trion still has at least one person working on Defiance and they are communicating with players in some form (on the forum, twitter or whatever) then there is some potential for player feedback. In business, it's just common sense to care what the customer thinks .

Defiance is not that different (it was a sci-fi TV show after all with some elements from other shows).

I would say that players of Defiance own even more than fans of TV shows, in some ways...since we put our time, effort and sometimes money into it. We are the actors/players too...many invest a lot, one way or another.

Yes

While an american owns the Football club i support it belongs to the fans, and would be nothing without us

LIVERPOOL FC forever

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!

My 1 cent worth LOL

Yikes, you snipped me! :O
    So, naturally I can understand why it was misinterpreted that way.
    The original context of what I was saying is how people go about communicating with them.
    Making snarky or insulting comments isn't going to make anyone want to help you any faster, if at all. If anything, it will just get you ignored. We can say as many snotty things as we wish, but we're not growing the garden, we just eat the food (F2P) it yields then throw rocks at the farmers afterwards. That kind of behavior doesn't help anyone, just makes it worse all-around for everybody & your left with this highly negative & hate-filled environment. We are all human beings here and "should" treat one another as such. You have told me yourself how disgusted you are at the lack of humanity displayed by others here and it has made you bitter at times in your posts. I'm sure you already saw what Moskyrath had to go thru recently. Whether it's a developer or player, invest in it or leech off it, there is no excuse in the world to treat people like that.
    I never disagreed with anything you just said. Hope that clears it up!
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

..And I'm off, excelsior!

In my ever so humble opinion, if they can make rewards auto-collect at the end, then my my "kill credits" should do the same. I already killed the damned thing, I shouldn't need to spend 5 minutes at the end trying to collect invisible tokens!
    PS3 NA
    Clan: Severed Remnants
    PSN: Ookami_X-I-I-I
    IGN: OokamiXIII

Ego 6k the hard way!

"I stood there for a min while name redatcted shot me with a piper then I gave him a northstar facial." -meaty 2016

I keep playing this game incorrectly, from now on I will just stand next to every tanker/monarch to get credit even if it downs me. I usually play mid range with a techmag pulsar, but sometimes those damn monarch just roll up into a ball and roll away from me then die off in the distance. I have been noticing that I can run around the empty field after the event and the kill count keeps increasing, so I guess not all is lost.

Because proximity?
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx View Post
    You have told me yourself how disgusted you are at the lack of humanity displayed by others here and it has made you bitter at times in your posts.
    Erm... I didn't quite say that actually .

This is kind of offensive right now .

I just said it can be frustating at times, but I'm not a fan bitter as a matter of fact:

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Erm... I didn't quite say that actually .

This is kind of offensive right now .

I just said it can be frustating at times, but I'm not a fan bitter as a matter of fact:

Wait, what?
    Why do people feel the need to fight over every little thing here or in-game?

Well, apologies if you hold a grudge over something as petty as me using the word "bitter" instead of "frustrated." If you wanted to say "I didn't quite word it that way" that works, instead of denying it altogether. You said a lot more than just "it can be frustrating at times" but I only used that one sentence to support what I was saying. Would you have preferred it if I copy & pasted the PM word for word instead? Doing that would probably just get flagged & it's just immature to get into a trivial copy & paste debate match such as that. For the sake of making point, to put it another way, are you "happy" about the sheer disdain for others towards others that some people display here? My guess is your answer would not be "yes." If what you had said had a completely opposite meaning or attitude, then I'd agree, but the feelings you displayed to me were no different than if I were to switch around the word "anger" with "rage." It leads up to the same thing. When people become frustrated, they can get bitter or have show some feelings of bitterness. Some things speak for their selves. For example, you un-friended me (nothing to get worked up over) as a result & what you stated in your post displays bitterness over something insignificant & completely blown out of proportion.

No.
    Nothing about that was offensive, I was simply using what I was told from you for the purpose of supporting what I was telling you about how people make others feel on here. You're making it to be more than what it was.
    If you wanted to offend someone, you wouldn't say "Hey you! Your posts are bitter!" I mean, so what? A lot of people are.
    There are plenty of actual offensive remarks from others on these forums & in-game on a daily basis that I could point them out with my eyes closed, it's that common.
    Plus, if my purpose really was to offend you, then why was I being kind & giving you support via PM after hearing some of the crap people said to you? That's contradictory, smh.
    Not to mention I have supported quite a few of your suggestions over time.

I didn't say or imply that you told me it made you bitter in your posts. That was merely an observation from over time while I'm busy posting on the forums, but I realize sometimes people don't like hearing certain things that are true. I even told you the very same thing via PM before & you didn't get all worked up all over it, so why now suddenly? Doesn't make sense.
    When you first came here, your posts were generally positive and non-confrontational. That has since changed, no not every post, but certainly more frequent. Saying or implying something demeaning, no matter how sweetly it is disguised, towards a dev or other player who doesn't agree with you than putting a happy smiley at the end doesn't magically make it okay or any better than putting it bluntly. Yes, a lot of people do that to us & others, but does that mean we should all do it?

Of course, I am truly sorry if you got offended. Though, I feel it's a bit much over something like that.
    Let it go, let's not turn it into a special case & hijack the thread topic from others. I am certain that you'd agree there are bigger issues to focus on. Bach on topic, I summon you!
    If you want to follow-up, PM me or post an off-topic thread should you feel the need to take it out on me further via posts.
    Either way, I hold no hard feelings or grudges towards you about it.

Honestly, I didn't even know they had a drink called Bitter. Wonder what it tastes like.
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

..And I'm off, excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by OokamiXIII View Post
    In my ever so humble opinion, if they can make rewards auto-collect at the end, then my my "kill credits" should do the same. I already killed the damned thing, I shouldn't need to spend 5 minutes at the end trying to collect invisible tokens!
    First off they aren't invisible and can be plainly seen on the ground as white that look just like stims do.

I do 1 event Arkfall and always get more than the 25 needed for the daily and thats shooting from a distance most of the time. Its not hard to collect them during the arkfall or you can even let them all sit till the end and get them then and infact thats why you will see some players driving around collecting them at the end of it.

I actually like the change. Haven't been able to get on and play much here lately. With Trion pumping out an event each month, I haven't completed the pursuit for the last 2. With this new system I will have it finished before the event ends, probably before.
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 50
    Clan Here2***ShtUp