+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Defiance community

This gaming community is a great one but who knew that restating what a Dev said in a livestream can make people instantly rude to you. I usually don't have a problem with people but being rude to me just cause I restated what a Dev said is just really messed up. Just shows that a good community can go bad the instant you open your mouth.

That's anywhere you go in life mate. There's always someone who will disagree, best to ignore them and carry on your way. Unless it was unacceptably rude then off with their heads!

There are a lot of people that will never skip an opportunity to tell you how their "skillz 'r4' rillz" and that you are a whiner, cupcake, or generally deserving of a good t-bagging. Some just don't have anything else that they can feel good about. Like Altras said, "best to ignore them and carry on your way", and remember never ever feed the trolls.
    "ALL MY BITS AND NO WIN A JP"

It was very rude not only insulted me but the devs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskyrath View Post
    It was very rude not only insulted me but the devs too.
    My dude you should see the things I've dealt with lol.

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    He's not wrong Altras. It's always the same few people. They get banned then make a new account. If they are that persistent, just perma-ban them. If the console itself needs to be banned entirely from the game, so be it. Don't know what the moderators are thinking/doing letting that kind of stuff go on. :/

I'm sure if they do it on the forums, then some of them do it in-game as well & vice versa.

Can't say that I'm surprised at the way they treated you, especially after the way some players disrespected Iron Death. Obviously.. we have some naughty apples. o.O
    It is what it is & you are who you are.
    But basing the overall community off just 1 or a few isn't enough.
    Could go all day linking posts showing how rude various people are here, see for yourself. In-game, can't go a day without people cussing out each other in zone over the most petty crap. That's just what's in public eye. Shady things go on behind closed doors too, like scamming.
    It's pretty rough out there overall.
    Of course you always have the few "fighting the good fight." But you can also have generally good people whom might do bad things at times, & vice versa.

From what I can think up, you have 3 choices.
    1.) Learn to ignore it and not allow people to get all up in your emotions.
    2.) Report it (Though it takes a bit more effort than necessary for this to be effective).
    3.) May not be advised, but it's def' more fun!

It's considerate of you letting others know what is going on, but I wouldn't recommend to keep doing that seeing as they don't deserve the thoughtfulness if they treat you that way afterwards. Most people just communicate within their clans/friends. Less BS that way unless it's just a bad group you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskyrath View Post
    What made it worse is after I moved on from the subject is what ppl said about the devs calling them a bunch of rude stuff just cause they don't like how a gun is. It's just ridiculous how rude and immature these people are.
    Sometimes, fellow players will jump on you if you are not on-board the bashing bandwagon with them. Pretty silly to get worked over right?
    Well, there are better ways to go about things if you do not agree with them.
    Makes you wonder though why they even play it.
    Not sure how often you come on the forums, but that kind of talk is commonplace here as well as on X360 zone chat.
    Some believe that focusing/diverting all that hate on the devs is a solution, but that won't make the environment any better, hate just breeds more hate. Simply cannot blame devs for things like players jumping into these shaming groups to bully others or a player calling another player names.. That's on them. Nor should the devs (or any other excuse) be used to justify the reasoning of picking on another human being.

But hey.. don't sweat it. Can't please them all, everyone is an a****** in someone else's eyes.
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

..And I'm off, excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx View Post
    He's not wrong Altras. It's always the same few people. They get banned then make a new account. If they are that persistent, just perma-ban them. Don't know what the forum moderators are thinking/doing letting that kind of stuff go on. :/
    Haven't had issues on forums but definitely in game. Got a list of 5 people that keep starting stuff as if they know everything. What makes it worse is the fact that some of these people have been banned only to create another PSN account and start their bs again. A good chunk of what people freak out about is how good someone is in PvP. Yes I get annoyed by ppl doing the same thing over and over again but I adapt and figure out their weakness. The thing that bothers me most and the reason I even started this thread is when I say something that I saw in a livestream and tell it to zone is when ppl read what I said and start saying a bunch of rude and immature things to me just cause I stated what I saw. The big thing that happened today that made me finally post about the rude community is a few ppl that starting calling me names for simply stating what devs said in a livestream. Was trust trying to inform ppl on the new jps and the reason they have certain rolls based on the info given to us in the stream only to get made fun of and called names. What made it worse is after I moved on from the subject is what ppl said about the devs calling them a bunch of rude stuff just cause they don't like how a gun is. It's just ridiculous how rude and immature these people are.

Sorry you had to deal with that
    http://i.imgur.com/RTHj51a.png

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxia View Post
    Sorry you had to deal with that
    Thanks I'll be fine just a little ticked about how people like this are still in game. Insulting a player is one thing insulting the devs that made the game is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Altras View Post
    My dude you should see the things I've dealt with lol.
    https://youtu.be/NoAzpa1x7jU?t=1m38s

They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Krayola Kingdom