+ Reply to Thread

Co-op boss transition?

Tried to run Island of Lost Soldiers tonight but when we reached the circle waiting for all four players to enter the boss area none of the squares would light up when I entered the ring. They would light up just fine for the other three players but no matter how many times I walked in and out the ring wouldn't register me. I eventually had to just quit out so the rest of the team could move on. I thought it might just be a fluke so I tried again a second time and had the exact same issue. My teammates registered just fine but it wouldn't detect me at all. I even ended up getting matched with someone I'd done the previous run with and they said they were all able to move onto the boss with no problem after I dropped so it was definitely something to do with me specifically.

So is there something I'm doing wrong here or is this a bug?

Sounds like the "social glitch" bug. It's happened to me before as well. I'd enter the circle, hear no sound as I enter, therefore I wasn't recognized and couldn't continue with the group. I had to wait until the reset in order for it to be fixed. It was quite frustrating...So no, your not doing anything wrong, it's just one of the bugs you'll experience at some point playing this game.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

3 years on here never run there are to many things to do on here to make arkforge it's more fun to do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    Sounds like the "social glitch" bug. It's happened to me before as well. I'd enter the circle, hear no sound as I enter, therefore I wasn't recognized and couldn't continue with the group. I had to wait until the reset in order for it to be fixed. It was quite frustrating...So no, your not doing anything wrong, it's just one of the bugs you'll experience at some point playing this game.
    Ah, good old Defiance bugs. Thought that might be the case. So nothing I can really do other than wait for server reset when that happens? And if I have that bug in one co-op map will it also happen if I try to play other co-op maps before reset?

Quote Originally Posted by LLEE View Post
    3 years on here never run there are to many things to do on here to make arkforge it's more fun to do it right
    I know they're not great rewards or anything but they are the only way to get karma for some factions especially since I'm not geared for expos (and no one seems to be running them anyway?). I could just ignore that karma but I need the EGO rating from maxing out the different faction levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Luaria View Post
    Ah, good old Defiance bugs. Thought that might be the case. So nothing I can really do other than wait for server reset when that happens?
    To the best of my knowledge there is nothing you can do except wait for the reset. I have been told though that you can take the fast travel point @ the Overpass to go to Silicon Valley to resolve the issue but it didn't work for me when I tried it. I've also been told to enter matchmaking to solve the problem which once again didn't work for me. Luckily it's only happened to me once *knock-on-wood*. Hopefully someone with more experience with this issue will chime in to give the definitive answer

Quote Originally Posted by Luaria View Post
    And if I have that bug in one co-op map will it also happen if I try to play other co-op maps before reset?
    yes
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub