+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ex Inanis Update to PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Ex Inanis Update to PTS

A new update is now live on PTS and contains the following:

PTS Character copy is now open, from 6/16 - 6/23.

Introducing: The Gulanee

The Gulanee are a rarely seen Votan species whose bodies are composed of an array of energy producing gasses and a viscous core. Although most believe they are simply a big ball of luminescent light, this is far from the truth. The energies in the bodies are of various densities and compositions. These energies do not mix, instead entwining and swirling about in a chaotic dance, like blood rushing through veins. Some forms of energy are light rays that would simply disperse if not for the will and complex containment suits of the Gulanee. A Gulanee outside of his containment suit cannot survive for more than a few hours before his will collapses and he loses vital forms of energy, dying. Formed of energy, they also consume energy, something that poses a threat to any frontier town struggling to produce fuel for the community. Other threats they present are radioactive leaks and communication interference. This makes them unwelcome in most outland settlements.

Gulanee are strange beings, misunderstood by all, even the Votans. They were the only species to live on their own planet, a gas giant called Gula. They were only discovered during the Votanis Collective’s intergalactic quest for a suitable energy source for the exodus to Earth. After eventually deciphering the inaudible language of the Gulanee, the Votanis Collective made a pact with them to siphon energies from the planet Gula for their arks in exchange a portion of the Gulanee species would accompany the arks as emissaries. Most of their populace stayed behind, confident they would endure the destruction of the sun Sulos. With such a small contingent included aboard the arks, it is rare thing to encounter the Gulanee in the New Frontier.

The Gulanee have spread throughout the globe. They appear to be in a constant journey with no destination. It is rare see a Gulanee. It is even rare to see one as part of a static community. They walk alone throughout the world in containment suits that have now been heavily modified since being on Earth.

At least one Gulanee on Earth was a known criminal being held in a cryo-pod. This was the infamous crimelord Dy’Dekuso who escaped from his prison in an arkfall and now leads a horde of outlaws called the Raiders.

Introducing: The Ex Inanis Gulanee group

A faction of the Gulanee, calling themselves Ex Inanis, are looking for a new resource: Purified Gulanite. These Gulanee have found a way to live off of the energy provided by this Purified Gulanite, and as such have found a way into the towns of Paradise without absorbing all the power around them into their energy based bodies. They enlist members of their faction, called runners, to trade for this valuable resource from Arkhunters who obtain it in Paradise, so that they can continue to thrive. What is their mysterious intent?

Ex Inanis Runner:

NEW CURRENCY

A new currency has been added to the game: Purified Gulanite. You can find this currency listed in the stats screen in your menu. This currency will be dropping from the following types of content in game:
    • Expeditions
    • Emergencies
    • Sieges
    • Arkfalls
    • Contracts

Due to this, the following changes will be in place:
    • Items will no longer be awarded at the end of event arkfalls, and items will not be dropping on the ground at event arkfalls
    • All other events, such as sieges, rewards will remain the same however players will now get the Purified Gulanite currency as well
    • Currency reward payouts for Arkfalls and Sieges will now be score based
      • 25k score will be required to receive rewards
      • 75k score will get you close to the max payout
      • Payout maxes out at 150k score
    • Currency reward payouts for Expeditions will be based on the Tier and Round – The higher the Tier and Round, the more currency will be earned

NEW VENDORS

Collect purified gulanite and scrip and trade it in to these Ex Inanis runners in town for boxes that contain your favorite synergies and mods!
    • Current boxes will contain Spinal Tap, Plate Slicer, and Sustained Suppression
    • Each synergy will now pull from a set of weapons that will include weapons that have never before been tied to those synergies. Each synergy will pull the same weapons regardless of the synergy. Weapon types listed below:

Each runner sells several different kinds of boxes:
    • Ex Inanis Supply Cache – Contains one rare or better weapon or mod from one of the current 3 active synergies
    • Ex Inanis Mod Cache - Contains one rare or better mod from one of the current 3 active synergies
    • Ex Inanis Weapon Cache – Contains one rare or better weapon from one of the current 3 active synergies
    • Artillery Weapon Cache – Contains one rare or better Sniper Rifle, Detonator, or Rocket Launcher from one of the current 3 active synergies
    • Infantry Weapon Cache – Contains one rare or better Assault Rifle, SMG, or LMG from one of the current 3 active synergies
    • Mercenary Weapon Cache – Contains one rare or better Pistol, Shotgun, or Infector from one of the current 3 active synergies
    • Assault Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Assault Mod from one of the current 3 synergies
    • Detonator Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Detonator Mod from one of the current 3 synergies
    • Infector Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Infector Mod from one of the current 3 synergies
    • Shotgun Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Shotgun Mod from one of the current 3 synergies
    • Pistol Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Pistol Mod from one of the current 3 synergies
    • Rocket Launcher Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Rocket Launcher Mod from one of the current 3 synergies
    • Sniper Rifle Mod Cache – Contains one rare or better Sniper Rifle Mod from one of the current 3 synergies

Every weapon purchased from an Ex Inanis Runner, will have the Ex Inanis Manufacturer bonus: 2% ammo regen every 10s!

NEW JACKPOTS: PERFECTED WEAPONS

These new weapons are replacing the old jackpot structure. Weapons purchased from the Defiance store or the Ex Inanis Runners, have a chance to roll a perfected version, which will contain one of 3 different manufacturer bonuses:
    • Dynamic - + 10% Increased Damage, +5% Rate of Fire /Crit / Reload / Mag / Recoil / Accuracy
    • Precise - + 10% Increased Damage, +10% Crit / Reload / Accuracy
    • Berserk - +10% Increased Damage, +10% Rate of Fire / Mag / Recoil

These new perfected weapons will roll with random bonus stats, and will always be legendary. In addition, we have now included MORE weapon types to your favorite synergies! Every synergy will have never before seen weapons. In addition, all Perfected weapons will roll with a random nano, and explosive weapons can now contain the Syphon nano!

Perfected weapons have a much higher chance of dropping compared to previous jackpots, both on the Runner and in the Defiance store.

NEW STORE BOXES

All of the boxes that are sold on the Ex Inanis Runner will have premium versions available on the store. Premium versions will:
    • Always be Epic or better
    • Have a much higher chance of being Legendary mods or weapons
    • Have a much higher chance of dropping a perfected weapon

Store boxes will not be available on PTS

KARMA UPDATE

Karma will no longer add for events in game. Instead, karma will now be added when you purchase a box containing a weapon from the Ex Inanis Runner (mod boxes will NOT contain karma). Each point of karma will show up as being added in your chat window, and will contribute to the chance of getting a perfected weapon.

Karma earned through the Defiance store will be a separate karma as always, and will also contribute to the change of getting a perfected weapon.

Karma is still a patron only system, and is only active when you have a patron pass active.

Py’Numbra:

A new mysterious NPC, who seems to possibly lead the Ex Inanis, is showing up in emergencies in Paradise. Can you find him? After completing an emergency, Py’Numbra has a rare chance to spawn, and will remain for only 1 minute after the emergency has ended. During this time, any player will be able to purchase the following from him for Purified Gulanite:
    • Specific previously released Jackpot Weapons – These will rotate week to week
    • Perfected Weapon Box – Contains one random perfected weapon
    • Legendary Mod Box – Contains one random Legendary Mod

Seek out this mysterious Runner to get the best loot in the game!

As always, thanks for testing, and keep in mind that these notes are not final and subject to change.

Yes please. This update looks like new life being breathes into the game. That being said.....

Please leave the bit store jps out of the mix on the new update. Those should remain bit store only, and it's very disheartening to see gear we have spent thousands of real dollars trying to get available for free from your new mystery vendor. Not really fair thay some kook can cheat iols all day to earn gualanite and get a misanthrope when we had to get ours playing the bit box lotto with real money or saving loyalty from crates bought with real money.

Nice one, lots of good info and it gives us hope.

All we need now is the server issue fixed and were Shiny!

An interesting update indeed!

Currently on pts, threat level is removed from open world. Instances seem to be fine.

I’m still processing all the information…

I like that there is more narrowing of loot to be able to target specific mods, not quite sure about the 17 weapons per crate. Haven’t calculated how long it will take to get a “jackpot” etc.

If we could have a rough figure for the percentage chance of a Perfected weapon that would help a lot.

Note: The calculations below do not take Karma into account.

If there are 17 weapons in each type of crate: that means we could get buy 30 Artillery Weapon Crates and statistically there is still a 16.2% chance we would get everything but a mass cannon (for example)?
    We only have a 1/17 chance of getting the type of weapon we're after? And then the chances are it wont be Perfected. Say Perfected weapons drop 1/10 (being generous I guess?)
    1/17 * 1/10 = 1/170.
    So maybe 170 crates for a decent (63%) chance of getting a Perfected mass cannon? And 400 crates for 90% chance? And I’m not factoring the nano in yet(!)
    If the chance of a Perfected drop is 1/5 then obviously the values halve... 200 crates for 90% chance of a Perfected mass cannon.

Again, I’m not complaining or anything, just trying to work out how long it will take…or how much Purified Gulanite we will need to earn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    Don't shoot the messenger...I am not your enemy

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Just a few questions and comments regarding the upcoming update: keeping in mind this is testing and could change

The first thing that jumps out at me is that the new Ex Inanis boxes contain 1 item...and the mod boxes don't give karma credit. That being said, if I were to buy a weapon box, then attempt to mod said weapon...I could end up buying a large number of mod boxes just trying to acquire the mods i want/need...again, without getting any Karma while doing so.

1) what is the cost of these boxes and what are the minimum and maximum new currency rewards for completing the above sieges, contracts etc. What I'm getting at here is that: with the current Karma system there seems to be a general concensus that a jp will drop on average of 50-70 mjr event arkfalls completed...during which time, mods are dropped or rewarded at the end, in addition to receiving Karma.....so,

2) How will Karma work under the new system? We will get a notice of +1 Karma when purchasing a weapon box, but does that mean there is now a set number of points required to get that "jp, or perfected weapon"? If Karma will "roll" similar to the current version...does that mean someone could potentially need to purchase 50-70 weapon boxes in order to obtain the "perfected weapon"..while another player could pull one on the 3rd box?
    The concern here is that 50-70 boxes would seem like an awful lot of currency to both earn and spend, not even counting the countless number of mod boxes needed to mod any of those weapons...spending valuable, non Karma accruing currency. As Light Energy inquired above...none of this even takes into consideration the 1/17 chance of getting the weapon you want...as opposed to the 1/8 you get with event jp's now. Unless new currency is awarded in huge amounts, the odds and time required to get the weapon you want seems to have gone up.
    Not to mention, if Karma still rolls the same...it would be quite disheartening to have to buy 60 boxes worth of hard earned currency while someone else could pull a perfected weapon on their 3rd box. ie: RNG should be for types of weapon and mods only!

3) While required scoring is something I'm all for...I also hope the spawn rate on the currency earning sieges, incursions and especially emergencies, increase. Emergencies might last a minute or two at best with 1 person and won't give many people the opportunity to do them unless they are camping out on their spawn locations all the time. If a Py'Numbra spawn is rare to begin with...it will be a unicorn when combined with the emergency spawn rate and 1-2 minute completion time.

4) How will these changes affect new or potential new players? A non-patron holder has at least a chance, no matter how small to receive a jackpot now. Under the new system, there seems to be no chance to receive a perfected weapon. While the goal is obviously to encourage sales within the game, having at least a carrot dangling in the form of a chance at a jackpot now seems more encouraging for future sales than no chance at all. This might not only discourage newer players as well as occasional patron holders, who will now have to buy a patron pass to have any chance at all. With this game having gone in the direction of jackpots being the only/most desired items in game, the notion of "having to be a full time patron holder for any perfected weapon chance" might drive many away.

5) it was mentioned that purchasing certain weapon boxes would accrue Karma for those particular weapon types. So, does that mean if I buy for example: 30 infantry boxes and 20 mercenary boxes, then hit a perfected weapon on my 21st mercenary box. Will Karma reset on all boxes, or just the mercenary box? This is important in that, it wouldn't make sense buying anything other than 1 type of box until Karma hits and a perfected weapon drops, otherwise, in this case, the 30 boxes of infantry would be a waste of Karma if all boxes reset.

Looking forward to some of the feedback from the testing on the new currency system.

Destromathe I sent you a DM/PM regarding my characters copy to PTS two weeks ago do I need to resend it?

Looking at that nice colour-coding in the table, it seems it would be more intuitive to split the crates into 3, so there are 9 in total. Then you could just buy Rocket Launcher crates, for example. There would still be variance within them, for example 7 potential types of shotgun. To me that would be far more appealing - as Lightning19 has said, we will have worked hard for the Purified Gulanite.

On the other hand, if it turns out PG is plentiful, we might not feel so bad throwing it at the crate RNG.
    I'm not sure if we will be able to determine if the rate of earning PG is at the sweet spot on PTS, unless we spend as much time on PTS as we would normally do on live. Perhaps PG crates could be provided on PTS to speed up testing on the Ex Inanis vendor?

Here is a screenshot of the vendor:

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    • Each synergy will now pull from a set of weapons that will include weapons that have never before been tied to those synergies. Each synergy will pull the same weapons regardless of the synergy. Weapon types listed below:
    Should that be:

"Each crate will pull the same (set of) weapons regardless of the synergy."

---

Another thing I realised as I was reading the Zone Chat: the new Ex Inanis will definitely mean more typing LOL

Instead of "WTS Acid Bath" it will be stuff like "WTS Bezerker Mass Cannon with Spinal Tap synergy and Syphon" in the Zone chat. Then when you say to you friend, "Hey, congrats on Torrid" you will now have to say "Congrats on the Perfected Plate Slicer synergy Quick Repeater with Incendiary" or whatever .

It's great if we can mix and match, I guess we will have to come up with some kind of shorthand or something!
    That was one of the benefits of having short JP names I guess!

Why no BMG? If a Syph Mass Cannon isnt going to be a prob I cant see why a Syph Stingray would be..

Oh and maybe it's time to add T5 and T6 mag rolls to sawed off roll pool? I cant see many making the switch to these from Thumper and French Hen if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Another thing I realised as I was reading the Zone Chat: the new Ex Inanis will definitely mean more typing LOL

Instead of "WTS Acid Bath" it will be stuff like "WTS Bezerker Mass Cannon with Spinal Tap synergy and Syphon" in the Zone chat. Then when you say to you friend, "Hey, congrats on Torrid" you will now have to say "Congrats on the Perfected Plate Slicer synergy Quick Repeater with Incendiary" or whatever .

It's great if we can mix and match, I guess we will have to come up with some kind of shorthand or something!
    That was one of the benefits of having short JP names I guess!
    I think it should be time to take item linking in chat into consideration. Plenty of MMOs have this feature, and it undeniably useful. You want to sell/trade your weapon, you will have to:

1. Type in the name
    2. Type in Synergy
    3. Type in nano
    4. Type in the manufaturer (since there will be 3 of them with this update)
    5. Type in the rolls (as the new Perfected weapons won't be fixed rolls)
    6. Mention the rarity of the weapon (because you might've already supremed it)
    7. Mention the rarity of mods in it (T4 or T5, if mixed, you might even want to tell which is the T5)

This is a lot of stuff to type, and not to mention remember, since you can't look at your gun and type in the chat at the same time, and this is only 1 weapon. On the other hand, with the item linking you could go in your inventory, right click on the weapon(s), mod(s) you want to trade or sell, "Link in chat", and you just have to type what you want to do with it.

I think this could be implemented as a part of an UI bugfixing/overhauling. If this will happen, we could tell you (by you I mean Trion) some ideas what should be changed, or what minor bugs or what missing features make our everyday gaming harder, if you are interested.

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!