+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ex Inanis Update to PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    I’m still processing all the information…

I like that there is more narrowing of loot to be able to target specific mods, not quite sure about the 17 weapons per crate. Haven’t calculated how long it will take to get a “jackpot” etc.

If we could have a rough figure for the percentage chance of a Perfected weapon that would help a lot.

Note: The calculations below do not take Karma into account.

If there are 17 weapons in each type of crate: that means we could get buy 30 Artillery Weapon Crates and statistically there is still a 16.2% chance we would get everything but a mass cannon (for example)?
    We only have a 1/17 chance of getting the type of weapon we're after? And then the chances are it wont be Perfected. Say Perfected weapons drop 1/10 (being generous I guess?)
    1/17 * 1/10 = 1/170.
    So maybe 170 crates for a decent (63%) chance of getting a Perfected mass cannon? And 400 crates for 90% chance? And I’m not factoring the nano in yet(!)
    If the chance of a Perfected drop is 1/5 then obviously the values halve... 200 crates for 90% chance of a Perfected mass cannon.

Again, I’m not complaining or anything, just trying to work out how long it will take…or how much Purified Gulanite we will need to earn.
    And there's also the 3 new bonuses that the jps will have
    PS3 NA
    PSN:mckllrx IGN:mckllrx
    CLAN:187 SYNDICATE
    My shop wts/wtb/free

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Specific previously released Jackpot Weapons – These will rotate week to week
    Just curious to know if this will include previous bitbox exclusive jps like Lacerator, Misanthrope, LockStock, and previous 64 key crate jps like Chaos, Last Laugh, etc..?

And what does this update as a whole mean for future arkfall events and jackpots?

Will HoG be the last and indefinite 64key crate jp?
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore.

Quote Originally Posted by NullWolf View Post
    Just curious to know if this will include previous bitbox exclusive jps like Lacerator, Misanthrope, LockStock, and previous 64 key crate jps like Chaos, Last Laugh, etc..?

And what does this update as a whole mean for future arkfall events and jackpots?

Will HoG be the last and indefinite 64key crate jp?
    Misanthrope, Blooddawn and Dawn's Light are the current jps that Py numbra is selling.

can we get those points for co-ops too?

a thought just occurred to me, I'll finally have the opportunity to get a resolution br.

Got at least a set and a half of t5 res ar mods sitting on 2 meh carbines....first person to bring me a perfected res br in rad or syphon nano on PS3NA I will figuratively lay a golden egg on.
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Due to this, the following changes will be in place:[*] Items will no longer be awarded at the end of event arkfalls, and items will not be dropping on the ground at event arkfalls
    Could you expound on this? And why does the wandering vendor only last for 60 seconds? that won't be enough due to the lag tbh.

I met Py'Numbra today (that was cool):

I really think we need some Purified Gulanite supplied to us on PTS, because I do not have time to earn the amount needed to test all different crates for their variance etc. Especially since this PTS, where you don't really get to reap the rewards (or at least enjoy the weapons for long, because this is for testing purposes only).

I did a couple of contracts and got 50 PG each time. A tier 22(!) expedition gave me *62 PG.

Py'Numbra's cheapest item is 7500 PG = 150 contracts(!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mckllrx View Post
    And there's also the 3 new bonuses that the jps will have
    Oh yeah, there is that as well! Even more possible combinations!

*Note: I think this was 50 for the daily expo contract and 12 PG for the round.
    I did another round at Tier 23 and got 16 PG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    ~~~ 6K - PC EU ~~~
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    I met Py'Numbra today (that was cool):

I really think we need some Purified Gulanite supplied to us on PTS, because I do not have time to earn the amount needed to test all different crates for their variance etc. Especially since this PTS, where you don't really get to reap the rewards (or at least enjoy the weapons for long, because this is for testing purposes only).

I did a couple of contracts and got 50 PG each time. A tier 22(!) expedition gave me 62 PG.

Py'Numbra's cheapest item is 7500 PG = 150 contracts(!)

Oh yeah, there is that as well! Even more possible combinations!
    This is what concerns me...Looking at the prices of Ex Inanis boxes on the livestream...500PG for a weapon box and 1000PG for a mod box...and 10 000 scrip on top of that for each one...

It certainly looks like (based on the rewards you received from contracts and expos ) that it is going to take quite a bit of time and grinding just to purchase a box and earn 1 Karma credit. Even if each instance awarded you 100 PG, you would still need to complete 10 contracts, sieges, and so on just to buy 1 non Karma earning, single mod box! You would need to complete 5 contracts etc. just to buy a Karma earning weapon box. While 5 doesn't seem like much...it is if you're waiting around for these instances to spawn...and thats just 1 box!

As I stated already...a player can easily complete 20 mjrs in a day now, thus earning 20 Karma points ( or rolls ). Under the new system a player would have to buy 20 weapon boxes per day to earn the same 20 karma points. At 500 PG per box, a player would have to earn 10 000 PG in a day to achieve this. Even with 100PG as a reward ( almost double what Light Energy has posted as rewards ), a player would need to complete 100 instances daily, to reach these numbers....Since sieges, incursions and arkfalls can all take up to 20 mins to complete, these numbers seem highly unattainable.

Also, lost in all this is the fact that each box also costs 10 000 scrip. While that by itself doesn't seem like much, the number of boxes needed to be purchased to attain a perfected weapon can also be pricey. Factor in how many boxes of 1 mod that a player may purchase trying to get the 4 mods they want on a single weapon and the cost skyrockets.

What affect will this have on the market as people try to sell unwanted/double mods in an effort to recover the amount of scrip and time/effort and PG they have put into it? Currently we get mod drops at no charge with t3 mods fetching 2000 scrip, and t4 mods fetching 7000 scrip when vendored. Under the new system, a single mod costs 10 000 scrip...meaning, to vendor either of those 2 mods would be an 8000 and 3000 scrip loss respectively. How are players going to react when they spend 1000PG and 10 000 scrip on a mod box only to receive a worthless t3 or worse?...and no karma credit either!

Again, it's still early, but with the numbers mentioned above, it will be interesting to see how well this new system works and it's affect on the player base.

Yes, a lot of valid points and food for thought. I look forward to seeing how it plays out...1 week to get the Perfected weapon of your dreams fully modded would be nice for players but way too fast (and unlikely given the numbers). If it takes maybe 6 months...personally I don't have that kind of time. I guess Trion have run the numbers and calculated how long it will take a player to obtain the 'ideal' weapon of choice. There is a whole range of factors involved: including how many in game hours are required, whether the player is doing the high PG earning stuff or not etc.

I think there will be a lot of players selling/trading Perfected weapons which do not have the right synergy, nano etc for them.
    If you have what your friend wants and vice versa, that's cool.

The same may apply to the mods. It costs 1,000 PG + 10,000 scrip for a Mod Crate, with a 1/3 chance of being the right synergy, then a 1/4 chance of being the correct slot and maybe 1/2 chance of being the correct type... about 4% chance in total of being a particular mod you need. Therefore, people will be wanting to trade the other 96%.

The karma payouts definitely need to be increased. With the old system you could get up to 10 karma points per hour. Now you need 1000 rep which looks like it's going to take atleast 1 day to get for 1 karma point.