+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I recall that as well, Bentu. They mentioned the items from the boxes being trade-ready.

I have always advocated for jackpots to be untradeable because they skew the market too much even though probably only account for less than 1% of all active inventories, but it doesn't make any sense for the regular weapons to be untradeable. I had been thinking about coming back and giving the game another shot to see if the new system would re-spark my interest but if this is true then there isn't any chance of it happening.

Thank you to everyone for your responses / comments. I was not expecting so much, so soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Great thread Light Energy! The PTS is for exactly this: Testing. Nothing on PTS is ever stated as final, and changes may always happen. With that being said, we are monitoring everything on PTS closely, so this information from Light Energy is very valuable for the players who may not be playing on PTS, not as something that will force changes!

We appreciate everyone who tests on the PTS, and threads like this are supremely helpful for players.

Now to clear up the Py'Numbra issue: Right now Py'Numbra is showing 3 jackpot choices. This is completely random, and will not remain in any way formulaic. We will alter both the number of jackpots, and the jackpots in general that show up on him. There is no specific routine for him, as he may sell T4 jackpots, or even jackpots that are not part of the current synergy pool. It will change often!
    Thank you Destro, for the praise and for the details on Py’Numbra. As long as he is not randomised every time he appears then that should be workable! Perhaps we will have threads (from players) on this weeks/months specials? Will he offer different items on different servers/platforms?

To me, this is essentially the deal: we get all these goodies on PTS, not to just have fun, but to actually test things, obtain information and then get the information out there and back to the developers…to create some kind of feedback loop, to verify things and identify any potential issues etc. This is the PTS tester’s duty, in my book.

Getting Purified Gulanite crates on PTS in claims would really help a lot (sorry for repeating this request ).
    I didn’t see it listed in the upcoming changes.

For example, I really would like to:
    1. Test Karma (to see how many times I need to get a Karma roll).
    2. See if all the caches contain all the right things etc.
    3. Buy all the items that Py’Numbra sells to see what they are like. I don’t recall ever seeing an untradeable mod.
    4. Discover what a Perfected weapon looks like.
    5. Check all 3 synergies dropping 1/3 of the time.
    There are many lines of enquiry, many details to discover .

Of course everyone is different. If players just “play as they normally would” that also helps testing. Different players can test different things, that is what we want. But for me, I simply cannot invest that much time and effort (to do all the contracts, many majors, many sieges etc), when a character wipe is still possible (however unlikely) and I can only set aside so many hours a day for Defiance.

Note: in the last live stream, when asked if Purified Gulanite would be tradeable, Rarnok said (approx 9 minutes into the video): "The currency itself is not tradeable, but the items that come from the vendor are tradeable." So either Py'Numbra's Bound items are the exception, or maybe they could be Unbound in the future?
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

4.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #14
    Happy to answer some of these questions:

1) The items that come from the two random boxes on Py'Numbra are indeed non-tradeable. When we implement boxes such as these for in game currency, they have historically been no-trade. One change we have made, is that the specific jackpots that you can purchase from him are tradeable. This is as intended, and does not mean that weapons and mods that come from the Ex Inanis Runners are not tradeable.

2) I am working on getting players on PTS some currency to use the systems with. I wanted to first get feedback regarding currency gain, as giving players lots of the currency would take away the need to play and gain it on their own.

3) Karma is never enabled on PTS, so this is not something that you will be able to test.

The jps you buy from py numbra should be untradable as you know exactly what your buying but the mod or random weapon should be tradable so if you get something you will never use you can trade it so you haven't completely wasted a hell of a lot of gulanite

Happy to answer some of these questions:
    Thank you once again, Destro .

1) The items that come from the two random boxes on Py'Numbra are indeed non-tradeable. When we implement boxes such as these for in game currency, they have historically been no-trade. One change we have made, is that the specific jackpots that you can purchase from him are tradeable. This is as intended, and does not mean that weapons and mods that come from the Ex Inanis Runners are not tradeable.
    Thanks for the elucidation . No doubt this information is something that players will bear in mind when deciding what to buy.

2) I am working on getting players on PTS some currency to use the systems with. I wanted to first get feedback regarding currency gain, as giving players lots of the currency would take away the need to play and gain it on their own.
    Thank you for elaborating on this...yes, something like that had crossed my mind...that something was in works (I didn't want to harp on). Indeed, the first stage would be to verify/test how players are earning the PG before introducing it in crates. I wasn't sure about the timing and whether changes might push the Ex Inanis launch back a bit.

3) Karma is never enabled on PTS, so this is not something that you will be able to test.
    Aha, that solves that then!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpIveBeenRenamed View Post
    The jps you buy from py numbra should be untradable as you know exactly what your buying but the mod or random weapon should be tradable so if you get something you will never use you can trade it so you haven't completely wasted a hell of a lot of gulanite

we had it already back when 7th legion got released with T4 mods. and we had a workaround (pretty obvious one if you think about it). but yeah, would like to see mods tradeable too since not everybody needs all the mods
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

been doing expe til tier 38 and getting from 150-199 pg so seems abit bug, last one i did i got 45 k score and got 165 pg

I have updated the first post with more data from expeditions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by raldane View Post
    been doing expe til tier 38 and getting from 150-199 pg so seems abit bug, last one i did i got 45 k score and got 165 pg
    Yeah... still haven't seen 300 PG from a doing a single round yet...
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"