+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nim

Nim

how do you beat nim? in san francisco

You drop his health bar to zero.

how about an answer that isn't ******ed.

whats he vulnerable to? a certain weapon or what. my assault weapons arent doing anything to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Violante View Post
    how do you beat nim? in san francisco
    Any Weapon + Fast Recharge Shield (Respark) + BMG (to Heal)

Pretty simple, Shoot, then heal when you get hit.

And which phase are you stuck on? They are all quite easy with a Assault Rifle of LMG. You don't even really have to aim. Just spam fire in his direction.

1st phase, after 3-4 blue rushes, he gets tired and is vulnerable for a few seconds. Second phase just fire at one of his clones, and then when they are all gone, shoot at him on the raised area, if you pick the right one, he drops down dazed. Third phase, just stay near the 2 pillars and shoot him and step behind one when he jumps into air.

It's pretty easy, he doesn't usually do too much damage back to back, so a repark shield is enough to live, The BMG makes it so you can keep toe to toe with him.

Just keep close to the ammo.

It takes awhile but is actually pretty easy.

right im going to counter 1 stupid question , with another.

is the nim fight in the quest called defiance? im up to that but didnt wanna start it incase it was the final mission.

oh and op... although if you need help on a boss , your hardly OP get it ..... badoomboosh

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...e-**SPOILERS**

Yes and it is the final mission for now. Beating him is a matter of learning his different attacks and timing things and figuring out what weapons work for you. And its a three part fight, his attacks change on each part.

right ill save it for another time. i have horrible feeling that if i do it now ill lose interest with this game really quickly , and i dont wanna do that , im enjoying it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I did this last night with an AR and a BMG.

In the first phase when, after he does his blur dashes(3-5 in total or something), there is a very small window where you can lay into him. Just run/roll out of the way when he does that and rinse/repeat till you're done with phase one. I'd recommend just watching him after the dashes for a couple times to so you get used to him dashing, but also so you can get the timing for the window in which you can attack down(he'll kneel, but it's only for like 1-2 seconds). Make sure to use the BMG to heal yourself if you get hit. Also, a good trick when he fires the 3 larger projectiles at you is to strafe sideways for a step or two and then roll in that same direction, you'll avoid all the damage.

The second phase: He/his clones always spawn on the same side of the room(or maybe it's the opposing side of whatever side you're on), take them out as quickly as you can. You'll eventually hit him and deal some damage. When he goes up top to do that knife throwing attack, start shooting the clones to lessen the amount of projectiles. If you're lucky, you'll actually hit him and you'll cause him to abort that attack. Rinse/repeat until phase 3.

Phase 3 is the easiest IMO but also the one that is most likely to get you killed. When he goes into the core, look around and find where the floor is lightning up, don't stand there. Shoot the crystals to break them. Also, make sure you stand by one the pillars in the room. When he does his jump/slam move, stand on the opposite side to avoid the damage. After he lands start shooting him in the face until he teleports to you, then just go around to the other side of the pillar and do it again. Every so often he'll summon more crystals. Be warned btw, when he smashes the ground, whatever crystals are there will break/explode, so you could potentially take a lot of damage(it might be enough to kill you outright if you get hit with the slam+crystal).

Good luck.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...386-Nim-Shondu

Knock yourself out.

This is, by far, the best answer.

"You drop his life bar to zero."

My only addition: "three times."
    Temporary Signature
    Alias: Alexander OConnell
    Reality: PS3 (PSN: TheSinnersCreed)
    EGO:
    1,624+
    S1: 72/104+
    AH: 120/120
    Notes: Looking for 1500+ Clan Leaders or High Ranked PS3 Clan.

Theres a link to the guide I wrote up for fighting this boss, spread weapons that fire fast are efficient. Link in my signature.
    Users - Crowe Ego 1052 - Hero of Paradise - PS3 User: Neodraven1 - Guild: Exodus
    NiM Boss Fight Guide: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...414#post245414
    Bullet for a Badman - Boss Fight:http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...865#post253865
    Systems Owned: Wii, Xbox360/Xbox(Vanilla),PS3/PS2/PSX,PC,N64,SNES,NES,Dreamcast