+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The scores for inanis has anyone considered this

Just wondering if anyone has considered how the scoring affects low ego players.

As the start for rewards of PG is a score 25k is it likely that a low ego player could achieve this?

And if they cannot achieve this score how does that affect their motivation to play

In things such as emergencies where there are 5 or more people of whatever ego what is the chance that any single player will achieve 25k.

I am sure that hi ego players will have no problem getting above that in an event but what about other fights.

And yes I know that all players will get PG from dailies and weeklies but this is more about the fights.
    I cannot fight a psychic enemy! How else do they know to move aside just as I pull my sniper rifles trigger, even when I am cloaked.

If all the money and all the hours spent by all the gamers playing all the games, was put to a better use then the world would be a boring place.

The Defiant Prayer: Defiance give me the guns I need, To kill the things I can, To kill the things I cant, and the guns so there is no difference

Quote Originally Posted by gulac View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has considered how the scoring affects low ego players.

As the start for rewards of PG is a score 25k is it likely that a low ego player could achieve this?

And if they cannot achieve this score how does that affect their motivation to play

In things such as emergencies where there are 5 or more people of whatever ego what is the chance that any single player will achieve 25k.

I am sure that hi ego players will have no problem getting above that in an event but what about other fights.

And yes I know that all players will get PG from dailies and weeklies but this is more about the fights.
    Well I played a low lvl on PTS at 360 ego and it wasn't bad at all, but also consider that low lvl players really have no right to be doing high lvl stuff and if they do then they have to take just what they can get.

Thank all the wonderful players that would help power lvl other players, due to that Trion put in place what you see in Defiance and well at least they did add a lvl scaler to help low lvl players when doing higher lvl stuff.

" Currency reward payouts for Arkfalls and Sieges will now be score based

-25k score will be required to receive rewards
    -75k score will get you close to the max payout
    -Payout maxes out at 150k score"

It doesn't say anything about emergencies scores.

-above quote taken from pts topic concerning the update
    PS3-NA
    IGN: Lycan Nightshade 6000 ego:Clan- T.D.O.M
    IGN: Shiva Nightshade 5k+:Clan- T.D.O.F
    IGN: Saberwulf Nightshade 4k+:Clan- D.T.
    PSN: LYCAN_NIGHTSHADE

Wishlist-No longer playing enough to matter.

Low levels shouldn't be in endgame content. If they get unmotivated from getting nothing and quit, we didn't need the slackers anyways. If they stay around, level up, and come back, they're players. We need players, not just people.

If the damage scoreboards had never left and catering to low levels hadn't happened, we wouldn't have half the AFK issues we do now.

They're fixing their mistake.
    Vylet ... Out of ammo since day 1

I just came back a few weeks ago so maybe I'm misremembering or the system has changed but the main way to get high points aside from BMGs is spreading out your damage to get assists and then focus firing big targets to get opportunist isn't it? I don't really see any reason lowbies wouldn't be able too do that unless the concert is they wouldn't be able to deal enough percentage of damage to get credit on each mob. But if they're that low or poorly equipped where they are they should probably go back to My Tam to compete some pursuits first.

Mind you I was mid ego when the score changes came out and I've never had a second character so maybe running big events as a lowbies is different than I think.

Also they mentioned on stream emergencies will vivre a flat rate of PG for completion. 3-5. As long as you qualify for rewards you'll get the PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick83 View Post
    Low levels shouldn't be in endgame content. If they get unmotivated from getting nothing and quit, we didn't need the slackers anyways. If they stay around, level up, and come back, they're players. We need players, not just people.

If the damage scoreboards had never left and catering to low levels hadn't happened, we wouldn't have half the AFK issues we do now.

They're fixing their mistake.
    EXACTLY what I was getting at Two more beers and I would have said that too

And as I said a low lvl as I played on PTS didnt have much trouble and only got what was entitled to it, according to his lvl. Low lvls need to understand you get what you put out and because of power lvling theres no real advantage of playing end game content in Defiance at lower lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick83 View Post

Can you please point me to someone that can explain me what the problem is with AFK people?

Quote Originally Posted by Formy Virtueme View Post
    Can you please point me to someone that can explain me what the problem is with AFK people?
    The main issue people have with it is that you have a lot of players standing around not contributing butt they still get more or less the same rewards as the people who complete the events. It's like going to work and working rally hard all day you get paid only to find out that one of your co- workers who started home all day got paid just add much as you. Feels like you've been cheated.
    Also to a lesser extent it raises the threat level without providing additional firepower. This isn't so much am issue for event arkfalls but there's still a stigma. Even if a single 6k could solo it it still takes longer and thus less reward/time if the number of people participating is less than would make a TL 10/11 on their own.

It doesn't so much bug me personally. As long as there's enough people to get the job done relatively quickly I don't really care but for some people it's a really big deal especially since those pikers could be getting rare items thus bringing down the value of items from people who worked for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Formy Virtueme View Post
    37 people at a major. It's now TL11.
    6 players doing what needs to be done. Doesn't die in time or takes 5x longer than it should
    31 people that did nothing get rewarded, the ones that actually completed the objective get a couple more keys/forge for exponentially higher effort.

They're dead weight and have no reason to exist beyond lazy people wanting a free ride.

These changes are helping to push towards: You want to win, you need to play. The welfare is over.
    Vylet ... Out of ammo since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Luaria View Post
    The main issue people have with it is that you have a lot of players standing around not contributing butt they still get more or less the same rewards as the people who complete the events. It's like going to work and working rally hard all day you get paid only to find out that one of your co- workers who started home all day got paid just add much as you. Feels like you've been cheated.
    Also to a lesser extent it raises the threat level without providing additional firepower. This isn't so much am issue for event arkfalls but there's still a stigma. Even if a single 6k could solo it it still takes longer and thus less reward/time if the number of people participating is less than would make a TL 10/11 on their own.

It doesn't so much bug me personally. As long as there's enough people to get the job done relatively quickly I don't really care but for some people it's a really big deal especially since those pikers could be getting rare items thus bringing down the value of items from people who worked for them.
    To people who worry about the above I say, relax and enjoy the game, dont try so hard!! If they really are that hardcore then theyll be at 6k in no time. Or theyre full of it and think everyone gets better stuff than them...