+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: The lag is real

Any updates on this? And yesterday I was waiting for around 20-30 minutes in Que for quick coop to start and then somebody chose commandeer and you know "critical error" then i went back in to join again and dcd and dcd again and again...! I know it's been like this since forever but really? You had time to remove FUN stuff but no time to look at some of the most important problems in this game i.e disconnects, lag and the frustrating custom rng?

not a good sign to your new players when while in the tutorial the enemys phase in and out. this has been happening ever since the update that shortened the timer on the go boom thingy so.......about 2 years now

so im guessing the servers are acting up. with the server resets . and its still laggy on ps3 na. rubber banding npcs, players not phasing in , in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Hey All,

Can you please give us some specifics regarding the lag you are seeing in game:

* Where are you experiencing lag?
    * What kind of lag are you experiencing? (rubber banding, ability lag, ect)
    * What platform are you on?
    * Are there many other players around you when you are lagging?

This information is critical for us to track down what might be causing issues. Thanks!
    Where > just about everywhere, except from 6am to about 9:45am

What kind > Missing land graphics (large square hole), mobs are just the Red "V", cannot see other players, objects like vehicles or barriers cannot be seen, and the like

Platform > PS-3 (Digital and CD)

Other players around > the more players the longer the delay, but it still occurs when I appear to be alone as well (no purple dots on mini-map).

so when is the next round of server updates?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    so when is the next round of server updates?
    Not holding my breath for anything since nothing worthwhile will come out. Let them nerf the game until its last breath.

Got DC'd 4 times in the past 30mins, from sieges and arkfalls.

I do see that the internet overall is crappy today likely due to Level 3 Comm being hincky again http://downdetector.com/status/level3

But I happend to be doing a tracert in the background and my path isnt (thankfully) going thru any level3 backbones. I did see that its timing out somewhere between Vista Media Boonville and Trion Games Dallas.

I dont know who this Boonville Media is but it seems like theyre trions host and if so, maybe its time to get a new host.

Theyre these guys in red if your doing your own tracert
    8 41 ms 49 ms 42 ms be-12441-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net[68.86.89.206]
    9 44 ms 44 ms 45 ms 66.208.216.210
    10 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms dal-r09-fcp.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    We simply cannot fix everything, so we focus on the most important parts. Right now, we are heavily focusing on Stability
    Still nothing. No new content development and no stability fixes. Bring the real events back the game can't get more boring than this. Make something for us to hunt and chase, I do not play for the chore of getting a useless currency!

We are here on the forum for positive reasons. We certainly are not asking for more content removal and nerfs.

I submitted a detailed post about the lag problem almost 2 weeks ago. It was flagged 'waiting moderator approval'

How long does it take to approve - are there any moderators working this forum?

So I have been playing a few hours each day this week doing the SS ark falls. Noticing less lag spikes that caused freezing of the mobs for 20+ seconds but more so with rubber banding on the mobs now. I have seen a small improvement also with spawning rollers, they don't just disappear randomly while driving from one site to the next anymore. I haven't experienced any disconnects but then again I am only doing ark falls, some conflict sites, and 1 to 2 co-op maps for the weeklies.

Server: PC-Na
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1