+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: The lag is real

Thank you Destro. I logged in about 30 minutes ago and the lag is worse than I ever saw it. Took several minutes to load up on the main screen. Trying again.

Clan Founder, PC/NA
    Voices of Defiance Podcast

the clans May have 8000 members but thoughs wouldn't be active members at any one time, so a database (which by it's nature is designed and there to limit it's impact on the data space being used) causes the lag, not the clans?
    be mindful of what you ask to be 'fixed'

Not gonna log on for a while till it actually gets fixed and prob won't since destiny beta is tmr
    http://i.imgur.com/rqP0Qx6.png
    PC NA PVP GOD
    Main game now > Playerunknown's Battleground
    "It's not the weapon that's overpowered, it's how you use it that makes it overpowered"

Critted out 15 times yesterday just sitting at last chance doing item trades with a clannie. I was only on maybe 20 mins. I won't be renewing patron till I can actually play. And as far as enjoying the game as much as the rest of us I say no way if so you'd be a 6k player on at least 1 Toon. And facts can't be construed as opinions. Enemies eating ammo(when you can see them at all) and not losing health at all isn't an opinion, players running in place for 30 seconds isn't an opinion either. These are factual events taking place in real time on all platforms and have all but chased away even the most stubborn player. You're about to lose your loyal player base and you're still playing the blame game. We know it's on the code side as its been happening to people with over 100 MBPS connections. We have been saying that for years only to have cs run a trace route then cease to respond when there's nothing wrong with the connection. I have been through this as have many others. It's tragic really it's taken this long for the team to even begin to look into this issue when we have all been reporting it for YEARS. I think you may want to improve the cs dept after this gets fixed. If there even is one after all this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    the clans May have 8000 members but thoughs wouldn't be active members at any one time, so a database (which by it's nature is designed and there to limit it's impact on the data space being used) causes the lag, not the clans?
    I know databases like access have limits on the maximum number of records you can have. So it sounds like the max has been exceeded in the clans database. And MrE is right, those arent active members. If removing anyone that hasnt logged on in over a year would stop the lag, then by all means go ahead and scrub the database during the hotfix. If anyone comes back after a year and wants back in the clan they can just ask for an invite.

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #106
    Hey All,

We have implemented a fix that will hopefully take care of most of the lag spikes (mobs freezing, players running in place). Please continue to provide feedback on whether you are continuously seeing these issues still, or whether there has been a massively reduced frequency of events. Thanks again for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Hey All,

We have implemented a fix that will hopefully take care of most of the lag spikes (mobs freezing, players running in place). Please continue to provide feedback on whether you are continuously seeing these issues still, or whether there has been a massively reduced frequency of events. Thanks again for your patience!
    Just completed incursion at kent farm, so far so good. no freezing up, no unkillable enemies and didnt get dc'd.

Hey All,

pvp is still very laggy

Hey All,

Yeah the patch made a HUGE difference. got on right after restart and everything running smooth as silk. After a couple hours, starting to see just a couple of really short lag spikes as pc/na population starts to grow.

So far so good. Good job. Thanks.

EDIT: Logged in to play 3 hours later. Lag is in full swing.
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

Pc-NA still showing signs of lag spikes, doesn't matter which shard or area I am in. Doing minors or majors, every few minutes everything freezes for 10-15 seconds then returns to normal. Have yet to see a MM major spawn either, lots of hellbug majors and a sprinkle of darkmatter ones. 6pm EST.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1