+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: The lag is real

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Hey All,

Can you please give us some specifics regarding the lag you are seeing in game:

* Where are you experiencing lag?
    * What kind of lag are you experiencing? (rubber banding, ability lag, ect)
    * What platform are you on?
    * Are there many other players around you when you are lagging?

This information is critical for us to track down what might be causing issues. Thanks!
    at sieges and arkfalls, when there are other players around you, when i'm alone, lag spike, screen freezing like everyone is running in place, cant switch weapons or spawn my car, cant pick items up from ground, even automatic items like scrip, salvage, or ammo
    at all hours, in coops, expos, open world. on pc-na

On ps3 NA sieges have been getting really bad, enemies not showing up, buildings there, not there, and really bad connectivity at them as well. Almost to the point where if you have been on for 15 minutes or longer, or teleported too many times before you find the siege, there is a 90% chance you will not finish it before disconnecting. Expeditions are bad also, was in a group with 2 others last night, enemies not showing up, rubber banding, saw people in the group getting stuck halfway in the floor or floating in midair.

It's frequent everywhere (open and instanced) everything except the player freezes, then catches up a few seconds later(players, npc's and enemies). This includes swapping weapons/vehicles or anything intractable. The amount of players nearby doesn't seem to change the actual lag, just constant phasing in and out.

I'm going to reply to this as well, since this is the ONLY time I've seen a dev comment on any issue in the game to date.

EVERYWHERE. Literally everywhere, all the time, constantly. All areas, all missions, all dungeons... everything.

Rubberbanding. Freezing in mid action, then said action happening from 1 second to 1 minute later. Again this applies to everything, and the more players nearby the worse it gets.

Kill lag. I can completely empty a monster's life and shields and they just stand there, then blink to another location. Sometimes they die, sometimes they gain back the life it showed me draining and continue to attack.

Vehicle lag. Doing any of the time trials in this game has been basically pointless and depends mainly on luck. Rings will not register you going through them, not appear at all, or reappear after registering as being passed. This combines with motion lag, where your wheels are spinning but you're not moving, and steering lag where you suddenly are unable to control which direction you're going and hit something or go into the water.

I play on PC, a high spec gaming laptop, NA. Here are my specs.

Computer Information:
    Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
    Model: GP72 6QF
    Form Factor: Laptop

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    CPU Family: 0x6
    CPU Model: 0x5e
    CPU Stepping: 0x3
    CPU Type: 0x0
    Speed: 2592 Mhz
    8 logical processors
    4 physical processors
    HyperThreading: Supported
    FCMOV: Supported
    SSE2: Supported
    SSE3: Supported
    SSSE3: Supported
    SSE4a: Unsupported
    SSE41: Supported
    SSE42: Supported
    AES: Supported
    AVX: Supported
    CMPXCHG16B: Supported
    LAHF/SAHF: Supported
    PrefetchW: Supported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS: Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
    Driver Version: 21.20.16.4534
    DirectX Driver Version: 22.21.13.8205
    Driver Date: 7 Oct 2016
    OpenGL Version: 4.5

DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    VendorID: 0x10de
    DeviceID: 0x139b
    Revision: 0xa2
    Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
    Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:
    RAM: 16262 Mb

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I often play alone, and the lag still persists at all times.

I must stress this. THE LAG IS NOT A SOMETIMES THING. It is persistent, constant, and has been since I started playing several months ago. It HAS gotten worse in the last few months, to the point of me envisioning a really hot room with mounds of tangled cables on the floor coated in dust, plugged haphazardly into servers that went out of date decades ago that occasionally arc electricity or shoot bursts of sparks. The fact that people who have been playing since the beginning say this is how is has been since they started fills me with dread. A friend recently bought me the DLC as a birthday present, and I really like the game; please tell me you're going to do something about this and soon? It's far, far past insane.

NPC's running in place. Not able to change weps or interact with the environment, menus and map not responsive These 'lag spikes' will happen every few minutes during a busy major, to once in 15 minutes when doing solo/small group stuff, like expos, coops, etc. I've seen spikes happen just standing still poking around my inventory. When a 'spike' happens, it can last anywhere from 3 seconds, all the way to 20 or 30 secs.

We're usually on teamspeak playing and we all see the spikes happen at the same time. (Thousands of miles, different ISP's, and in some cases, continents, separate us)
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

Yes !!!! Hi rita mortis!! Ive been wanting to play on eu server but its been terrible i want to be more involved witht the clan but the lag is the only annoying thing thats been keeping me from playing ... i get disconnected just by pressing start i cant change any weapons from my loadout on ps3 i dc
    PSN: xPoetic_Pophet

IGN:Poetic Paige
    Poetic PAlGE

Watching the Frontier slowly fade from Oryx's living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Hey All,

Can you please give us some specifics regarding the lag you are seeing in game:

This information is critical for us to track down what might be causing issues. Thanks!
    It's your servers. It's been your servers since day one.

Everywhere on the game
    * What kind of lag are you experiencing? (rubber banding, ability lag, ect) the map lags and has no icons, monsters lagging despite being shot to hell.. then bounce then die. Swapping weapons doesn't happen then suddenly does. Reloading is the same.
    Movement is erratic, , Vehicles don't rez, then you can't get out of them.

PC - high spec gaming rig:
    Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    AMD FX-8370 38 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD3 (Socket M2)
    Graphics
    PL2482H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte)
    Storage
    894GB Corsair Force LS SSD ATA Device (SSD)
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device (SATA)
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 ATA Device (SATA)
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device (SATA)
    59GB Generic MicroSD/M2 USB Device (USB)
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI iHAS324 B ATA Device
    Audio
    Logitech G930 Gaming Headset
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    Computer type: Desktop

Several players as well having trouble.

Just tried playing today. Couldn't get my weapon to switch. Talking in chat got garbled somehow; that's never happened before. Enemies were murdering me, while my bullets literally went through them without damage. Was playing with a friend and he got in his car and drove for a good two minutes before getting out without having actually gone anywhere. We eventually had to stop and try something else.

Xbox NA

Spawning into game with red spikes, stims, nades. No shield and it wont regenerate.
    Fast traveling has a 15 second wait time. Same delay with opening inventory, checking contracts.
    Waiting for reloads, car spawning, getting into said car. lol
    Enemies still damaging you when the have no health...then others taking no damage at all.

This is even happening in Thorn Liro, and its always stable in there...

Critting out soon follows all the above.