+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    This was one of the things that crossed my mind very early on the game, when I found out how mods and synergies worked. Universal mods would simplify matters and make Defiance life a lot easier.

Mod traders should still have some business; mods would still need to be for the right slot, the right tier and the right type.

The big question is, would Trion implement it? Many things seem illogical or overly complicated in Defiance…until the Bits store and "long fulfilling chase" are factored in. Would sales of inventory slots, boxes etc be affected?
    What if "universal mods" were something that was added to the game instead of replacing synergy mods. For example, you could purchase universal mods from the bit store that work to unlock any syn, but still have the synergy mods available as well from in game stuff. Just an idea as I'm sure a lot more would be factored in.
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

PS3 NA

Clan: Eternal Souls

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    What if "universal mods" were something that was added to the game instead of replacing synergy mods. For example, you could purchase universal mods from the bit store that work to unlock any syn, but still have the synergy mods available as well from in game stuff. Just an idea as I'm sure a lot more would be factored in.
    Yeah...that's one option .

Some more ideas for universal mods:

1. The mod vendors' "stock" tables could be downsized - they could just sell green universal mods. Then that includes the possibility of adding converter mods and things like BMG sights. The 'sale' blue mods could also be universal.
    2. All expos mods could be universal - suddenly they all become potentially more useful / rewarding.
    3. We could buy "universal mod converters" from the bits store (maybe 1 bit per mod) to convert all existing mods to universal. For F2P players, they could have the option to use PG instead of Bits.
    4. Chimera and Paradise mods could become universal. There is already a "choke" in place to prevent a super-abundance of these T5 mods - ie. you need to spend reputation, which is limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    I am sure people will remember this later.

I still do not think it is logical to keep guns that can be obtained in game without providing a way to get the corresponding mods.

What is your logic?
    create a universal mod or mod pack that applies to any synergy you put it on (bit store only of course)
    another great sig by:Tauriiel

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    saw this after my 1st post
    another great sig by:Tauriiel

Universal mods? Wow.
    Back in my day if you didn't mod your plate slicer weapons during harvest you just didn't mod your plate slicer weapons. If you were lucky they would bring back the boxes to the bitstore next year. Now we have 3 syns rotating every week or so for free and people are complaining?
    How easy - mode do you need it to be?