+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    Yes you can still get Allegiance as I got it as I was away working last time.

I agree that the game is changing.

BUT it is only logical that there should be a way to get whatever event mods.

I thought that maybe a separate set of Ex Inanis Boxes specifically for current event would set up in tge runners.

As far as I know currently at some point MM will be one of the 3 synergies in the Ex Inanis Boxes.
    Yep, got my Allegiance on Sunday:

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Before we knew of Ex Inanis, I guess players thought that when events cycled / returned, they could complete the holiday pursuits and mod the associated weapons.

It’s great to have the opportunity to get the Midsummer Mutiny holiday pursuit completed (for those who missed previous years or didn’t get the chance during Armistice). The question is: how do we mod the weapons?

Perhaps the runners can sell related 'holiday pursuit' caches with the correct synergies?

For example:
    Tier 2 / Green 4 mod set for 500 PG
    Tier 3 / Blue 4 mod set for 1000 PG
    Tier 4 / Purple 4 mod set for 2000 PG

Where each set is guaranteed to have 1 mod for each slot, which are all suitable for the pursuit weapon in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Sorry if I'm being rude but if you weren't here last year, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deahla View Post
    I am sure people will remember this later.

I still do not think it is logical to keep guns that can be obtained in game without providing a way to get the corresponding mods.

What is your logic?

NA PC 6K+ | DPS Calc (Beta) | The WM Guide | My Trade Thread
    An Example of Gun Crafting. From Epic to Supreme
    I drink and I know things. That's what I do. Valar Dohaeris

Quote Originally Posted by Deahla View Post

I still do not think it is logical to keep guns that can be obtained in game without providing a way to get the corresponding mods.

What is your logic?
    I kinda agree with Deahla. When I started playing the Corporate Espionage Lockbox was available at the Overpass for 1 million scrip. I didn't have that amount of currency and never obtained that amount before it was removed. Tough cookies for me. I should have started playing sooner. I can now, if I wish, pick up those boxes from the loyalty vendor just as anyone can pick up MM boxes from the loyalty vendor to mod their MM gear. Eventually Py'Numbras runners will have MM caches to purchase so you can then mod your weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    I kinda agree with Deahla. When I started playing the Corporate Espionage Lockbox was available at the Overpass for 1 million scrip. I didn't have that amount of currency and never obtained that amount before it was removed. Tough cookies for me. I should have started playing sooner. I can now, if I wish, pick up those boxes from the loyalty vendor just as anyone can pick up MM boxes from the loyalty vendor to mod their MM gear. Eventually Py'Numbras runners will have MM caches to purchase so you can then mod your weapons.
    The difference with your example is that Corporate Synergy guns did not just drop in game AND you did not need any mods to get the synergy to work.

What is wrong with having Ex Inanis Boxes containing the current event arkfall mods/guns in them?

Also if they are going to state that the way to get the event mods is through runners. Then the synergies in the current Ex Inanis boxes need to be swapped out weekly.

Just a question if myd mutiny its on ex inanis box the sol n mm can drop from that box?, because I want look a perfected sol mass blaster or any rl det type

Main toon: Luis 91 Ego: 6000 Clan: - / Second toon: Jhon 60 Ego: 1600

The difference with your example is that Corporate Synergy guns did not just drop in game AND you did not need any mods to get the synergy to work.
    True on the mods but didn't those synergies from the Corporate Espionage Lockbox drop from the Extra Life events?

What is wrong with having Ex Inanis Boxes containing the current event arkfall mods/guns in them?
    Nothing is wrong with that idea. I wish that's what they would do. Light Energy made a thread about that very subject.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...with-Ex-Inanis

Also if they are going to state that the way to get the event mods is through runners. Then the synergies in the current Ex Inanis boxes need to be swapped out weekly.
    No, they just need to add additional boxes that correlate to the current events synergy.

Its Like This

What is your logic?
    But you can get the corresponding mods and its part of Trion's Marketing Strategy.

Let them have the weapons they have been crying for and watch them buy the weapon crates/mods for loyalty, And because they will have to buy crates from the store to get the loyalty to do it.
    We Profit as a company and business.

Very Clever Marketing, but when you think about it. It actually makes sense and pays for the Dev Team and CS Reps While keeping this game going.

Now it is said that Defiance is free to play and that it is. But you have to take only what you get handed to you and if you really want something or anything special in this game, then you have to spend some cash.

BTW I wasn't around for the first time MM came out and only got in on it when Armistice hit and because I was confused by all the new changes I didn't complete the stuff for the Allegiance. But I knew eventually I would get it so I stock piled 4 T5s on a shotgun to save for the day and I was lucky enought to get 4 other mods for it and saved them too.

Today a friend asked if I had any mods for a MM shotgun and I knew what he was talking about and I said yep have 4 oddballs (oddballs to me aren't a matching set) and that if ya want you can have for free and he modded his with 2 T5s, 1 T3 and 1 T4.

Thinking ahead in this game does pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    True on the mods but didn't those synergies from the Corporate Espionage Lockbox drop from the Extra Life events?
    The synergies were part of the EXL events but the EXL guns were a limited pool. Plus EXL guns had built in bonuses like Lifesteal (I think 3%) and other bonuses like +20% DMG or more cap for shields. I don't remember specifics offhand.

Corporate espionage boxes could be purchased for 1 M scrip from any box location (or bit store) but pulled from all the guns and had no inherent bonuses.

In short you missed nothing from Corp. Esp. boxes.

One last thing since it seems like I am in the minority:

(And for the record I don't care if I mod Allegiance or not. I don't think it is a gun I would ever use I have plenty of useful JPs and non JPs that I need for Defiance and have given away better guns than it.)

As someone who would like this game to last: The point is this game needs new blood as well as old and if a new player comes in and finds a gun the like that drops from an event arkfall they are going to want to mod it. If they can't they will just state: "Well jek this, what a load of shtak." And go on a play something else.

If you give them a taste and they can earn it in game they may be willing to then use bits to try and speed up the chase.

TL/DR I don't care about the Allegiance myself, or MM for that matter. But for the sake of the game there needs to be away to get specific event major drops or tge synergies in the Runners need to swap out more often.